Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.14 Released  (Read 55941 times)

Naros

• Bay Watcher
  • [COVETS_SPOONS]
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.14 Released
« Reply #150 on: September 30, 2010, 12:38:30 pm »

I am using Win7 64-bit, but don't know what you mean by Installing it to Program files.  The folders are just scattered on my desktop for the time being.

If you didn't place DF into the Program Files or Program Files(x86) directories, then it isn't the issue I thought it was, sorry. :)

Brewster

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Engraver
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: September 30, 2010, 05:28:39 pm »

Any words on when/if Mac version might work? Excited about the new release!!

Saiph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 30, 2010, 08:18:37 pm »

Am I the only one who thought, "Cool, I can dig through slade! I should go try that and see what horrible things happen!"?
No! Don't do it! Noddy Holder will never forgive you!
(Cum on feel the noize, girl dwarves grab the boyz...)  ;)  ;D

Malibu Stacey

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 30, 2010, 09:25:45 pm »

It works fine on the MacBook running OS 10.6.4 I've tested it on.

I find it hilariously ironic that the Mac users are having compatibility issues with regards to O/S versions & DF.
I bursted out laughing so hard at this that my dog woke up, came in the room, and looked at me like I'm an idiot.

Then proceeded to brag about how he has 27 kills on his kill list and is super-doggenly tough. 

Thoranius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 30, 2010, 11:31:55 pm »

Does anyone know if artifact type randomization got tweaked in this build? First fresh build on the map has resulted in 3 rings in a row out of 3 fey moods, just wondering if it's a fluke, I've never gotten 3 of a kind of anything artifact-wise before in a row, and rarely within a full fortress run.

link6065

• Bay Watcher
  • Willist thou fight, or die trying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 01, 2010, 11:29:06 am »

This is great guys thanks

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: October 02, 2010, 08:42:30 am »

Does anyone know if artifact type randomization got tweaked in this build? First fresh build on the map has resulted in 3 rings in a row out of 3 fey moods, just wondering if it's a fluke, I've never gotten 3 of a kind of anything artifact-wise before in a row, and rarely within a full fortress run.

Pretty sure it hasn't been tweaked. I unfortunately don't get anything cool. Just got a table.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

AbacusWizard

• Bay Watcher
  • Trust me; I'm a mathematician.
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 03, 2010, 03:32:06 am »

Pretty sure it hasn't been tweaked. I unfortunately don't get anything cool. Just got a table.

Three artifact rings? Trade them to the elves!

Dante

• Bay Watcher
  • Dante likes cats for their corrupt intentions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: October 03, 2010, 05:04:49 pm »

In my last fort seven of my dwarves in a row turned fey and made rings, but a dragon came along and ate four of them, and I accidentally ordered another one dumped in the deep caverns below my fortress.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: October 03, 2010, 05:05:52 pm »

How would one go about doing that? I wasn't aware that you could trade artifacts?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

mbthegreat

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: October 03, 2010, 06:18:14 pm »

It works fine on the MacBook running OS 10.6.4 I've tested it on.

I find it hilariously ironic that the Mac users are having compatibility issues with regards to O/S versions & DF.

It's not even OS versions, it seems to be largely random...

zxcvmnb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: October 03, 2010, 08:56:41 pm »

How would one go about doing that? I wasn't aware that you could trade artifacts?
You need the Dark Lord noble.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 04, 2010, 04:41:21 am »

In my last fort seven of my dwarves in a row turned fey and made rings, but a dragon came along and ate four of them, and I accidentally ordered another one dumped in the deep caverns below my fortress.

That's nothing, I made twenty artefact rings.  Three of them were gifted to the elves, nine to the humans, seven were claimed by the dwarfs and the other one ended up getting stolen by a thief who later fell into some magma, more or less, and then it all went wrong.

Hmmm... Maybe I ought to write a series of books about the whole saga...

;)

Dante

• Bay Watcher
  • Dante likes cats for their corrupt intentions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: October 04, 2010, 02:26:04 pm »

That's nothing, I made twenty artefact rings.  Three of them were gifted to the elves, nine to the humans, seven were claimed by the dwarfs and the other one ended up getting stolen by a thief who later fell into some magma, more or less, and then it all went wrong.

Unbeknownst to me, the one that fell into the deep caverns was discovered by the local demon ruling over a huge obsidian tower, and stolen. So I led a reclaim party to no avail. All I found was a huge fiery forgotten beast... and the other useless crafts I had dumped into the caverns. Drums, drums in the deep.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]