Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: DnD 3.5--Interest?  (Read 2599 times)

Renault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
DnD 3.5--Interest?
« on: October 06, 2010, 06:25:01 pm »

So it's been a while since I've played DnD and I figure since getting a group in SF is weirdly impossible, I'd see if anyone here would be interested. I'm thinking a weekly thing, probably over Gametable and irc. Typically, my games are structured in the Eberron style--less random encounters, and more concentrated-flurries of action as part of a larger plot. If anyones interested, let me know. :)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DnD 3.5--Interest?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2010, 07:03:24 pm »

I believe that there is interest, but seeing as I am already involved in at least 3 DnD 3.5 campaigns on this forum, I will need to decline for now.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2010, 07:04:52 pm »

I might join if my Deathwatch campaign doesn't garner enough interest, but I also have a lot of irons in the fire.  I dunno.
Shoes...

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2010, 07:08:54 pm »

I'm interested. I've been looking for a D and D kind of group after my last one died from scheduling conflicts. Mind, I'm only available in the evenings and on the weekends (Mountain Time). And I'm a little bit of a beginner.

Renault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2010, 07:17:17 pm »

I might join if my Deathwatch campaign doesn't garner enough interest, but I also have a lot of irons in the fire.  I dunno.

Well, no pressure for it or anything. If you get free, though, you're quite welcome to join. :)

I'm interested. I've been looking for a D and D kind of group after my last one died from scheduling conflicts. Mind, I'm only available in the evenings and on the weekends (Mountain Time). And I'm a little bit of a beginner.

Evenings and weekends are fine--and so is being a beginner. As long as you play your character well, experience is a minor concern. I'd love to have you. :D

And RAM, well, damn. If your other 3 die, heh, I'll be here.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2010, 07:41:44 pm »

I'm in the exact same situation as RAM, but depending on the day I could make a session.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2010, 07:44:26 pm »

I might join but I don't know alot about Eberron, I know more about FR, so just answer three questions for me.
Do drow exist?
Is their socity similer to how it is in FR?
Will you accept a Lawful evil charactor(I play proper drow, non of this sissy 'chaotic good to fight my evil race' crap)
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Renault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2010, 08:21:04 pm »

I'm in the exact same situation as RAM, but depending on the day I could make a session.

I'm pretty sure it'd be a weekday evening, for what its worth.

I might join but I don't know alot about Eberron, I know more about FR, so just answer three questions for me.
Do drow exist?
Is their socity similer to how it is in FR?
Will you accept a Lawful evil charactor(I play proper drow, non of this sissy 'chaotic good to fight my evil race' crap)

It's not Eberron per se, just Eberron in tone. Yes, drow would exist, and yes, they'd still be the creepy little things they've always been, and yeah, LE is fine--so long as you play it well. Remember, just because theres an E in the alignment box doesn't mean you need to slap the women, kick the puppies, and burn the schoolhouse, and in fact doing that will probably cause most other LE to see you as the criminal madman you are.

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2010, 08:26:20 pm »

I am aware, I consiter LE to be the slow, thought out, methodical evil. The kind that is willing to pretend to be *shudders* good if it helps the overarching plan. Manipulation over Intimidation is the way it's played in LE.
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2010, 08:37:00 pm »

At the moment, I'm in GMT -7, and Tuesdays and Saturdays are XC meets, Sunday is taken by one (or two?) D&D games, Fridays sound like they'll be the day that 'The Mercenaries' will be on, so that leaves err... Mondays, Wednesdays, and.... huh.

Nevermind, I'm booked.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2010, 08:47:13 pm »

I might be able to do a weekday, depending on which one.
Shoes...

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2010, 09:58:24 pm »

I want to join.

But I am behind on my own game, so too bad for me.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2010, 11:48:59 pm »

I'd definitely like to join.  Currently most of my irons are RTD's, and though I do have one RL DnD group, we only meet on Thursdays so I have some free time on my hands (at least for the next few weeks).
All generalizations are false....including this one.