Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Plant and Furniture Stockpile not working!  (Read 9288 times)

The-Moon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Plant and Furniture Stockpile not working!
« on: March 15, 2008, 02:44:00 pm »

I set my plant stock piles to not use any barrels. I'm doing this because i have 6 different stock piles, each stock pile for each crop. (saves barrels)

So now all my plants are being harvested and my dwarfs are putting them into the barrels in the furniture stockpile... wtf!

I don't want them stored there     :(

Is there anyway to fix this for now without having to put barrels in the plant stock piles.

Also, they should not be putting any food in the furniture stock pile at all since its not enabled to have food stored there....
The furniture stock pile does not have any food options enabled...

[ March 15, 2008: Message edited by: The-Moon ]

There is absolutely no time, to be taking time for granted. ~Busta Rhymes

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
Re: Plant and Furniture Stockpile not working!
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2008, 03:14:00 pm »

They're putting empty barrels into the furniture stockpile, I should think.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

The-Moon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2008, 03:30:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Boksi:
<STRONG>They're putting empty barrels into the furniture stockpile, I should think.</STRONG>

No there putting plants into the empty barrels sitting in the Furniture stockpile.

Which they should never be doing since the furniture stockpile is not set to have plants or any food stored in it.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2008, 04:15:00 pm »

But they can do that, because they plan to move the barrel to a stockpile.  Just there are no stockpiles it can move to. :P

Buggy buggy bug!

The-Moon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2008, 04:21:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Draco18s:
<STRONG>But they can do that, because they plan to move the barrel to a stockpile.  Just there are no stockpiles it can move to. :P

Buggy buggy bug!</STRONG>

lol yeah sept i don't want the plants in the barrels  :)

Nesoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2008, 08:49:00 pm »

One of the early .33 versions. Not a furniture stockpile, true, but the same behavior.
000508 □ [dwarf mode][flows] flooding over a full pond will kill the fish inside

veryinky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2008, 11:25:00 pm »

The barrel is meant to go into the food stockpile, but since it's in "use" because the dwarves are already hauling foods into it, they can't move it until it's full.

It would be nice if dwarves moved the barrel first then the food. But apparently food hauling has a higher priority than furniture hauling (which is a good thing). It would be nice if it was possible to set a MINIMUM number of barrels for a food stockpile (along with maximum), and the dwarves would fill those first.

The way I get around this is to make my food stockpiles also my barrel stockpiles. This way the food stockpile always carries the maximum number of barrels and they're never moved unnecessarily.

numerobis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2008, 11:36:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by veryinky:
<STRONG>The barrel is meant to go into the food stockpile, but since it's in "use" because the dwarves are already hauling foods into it, they can't move it until it's full.</STRONG>

The dwarves will happily move a container that has incoming food; that's why you get "misplaced item" messages (the container moved, so the incoming food doesn't know where to go).  But you have properly diagnosed the confusion.

Quitschi1337

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2008, 07:05:00 am »

i remember that there is a reserve barrel option, you might try this
though i dunno if it works at all

The-Moon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2008, 12:06:00 pm »

well i don't know much of what you guys are talking about.

But from my point of view, dwarfs should move empty barrels to the food stock pile if needed. Otherwise they should place the food on the food stock pile.

That would fix this bug. Which i have to personally consider is a bug.

numerobis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2008, 01:53:00 pm »

The weird thing is that the barrel is considered to be part of the food stockpile even though it's not actually *on* the food stockpile -- that empty barrel has a number in angle brackets, right?  Your dwarves will rectify that eventually.

The more annoying part is that if you change the stockpile to take no barrels, the empty barrel that was part of the stockpile (but not on the stockpile) still has place-item-in-barrel jobs associated with it.  So a dwarf will go and place plants in it.  But now the barrel won't move to the food stockpile it was originally part of, because that stockpile accepts no barrels.  So it's a orphaned barrel, stuck in the furniture stockpile with nowhere to go.  It will still get some visitors, because a barrel with a plant in it is a proper destination for more plants.

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2012, 12:48:03 am »

I am having a bit of the same problem.

My dwarves will not store plants in stockpiles at all. Even ones just set to the default "food" stockpile option receive absolutely no plants.

I have ~200 Plump Helmets somewhere but I can't use them for brewing or anything. >:|

This is in 34.09
EDIT: nevermind; I must have accidentally hit "f" when I first embarked and was setting the zone permissions; they were set to NOT gather food :/
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 01:15:12 am by TheCoolSideofthePIllow »

ChaotikDwarf

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2012, 11:35:51 am »

Having the same problem here (34.10),  food stockpiles not working at all, ruining each game when it happens
i double checked all obvious things, but food is just rotting in the butcher/kitchen workshop
plant are not gathered in the plow , got miasma everywhere in that zone

Any ideas ? or it is really a bug ?

Edit: found the problem, stupid me...
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 11:38:37 am by ChaotikDwarf »

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2012, 02:07:31 pm »

You know, we have the stickies and the necro warning for a reason...
Seriously, just post it on mantis, ask it in ANY other section.
This section is dead for a reason, we got a bug tracker now.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.