Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Stange Mood Troubles  (Read 2326 times)

Cabbagetroll

• Bay Watcher
  • likes weiner dogs for their endless pluck
    • View Profile
Stange Mood Troubles
« on: October 06, 2010, 04:33:06 pm »

I've got a glassmaker possessed. He has claimed a glassmaker's furnace and mutters about:
raw...green...
blocks...bricks...
tree...life...
rough...color...
cloth...thread...
gems...shining...

He has gathered his raw green glass (just one, there are more available, so that's not the issue) and now sits there expectantly waiting for Blocks, of which there are already very many. Why doesn't he go grab one? What am I doing wrong?

rntrndrw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stange Mood Troubles
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2010, 04:46:40 pm »

Dude you better cage that bastard in! I just had this happen to me but I hadn't realized. I had thread, but he wouldn't go get it. Sadly he turned shortly after, ripping off all his clothes and running around naked.

I wished I had walled him in...

Blood-Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2010, 05:27:34 pm »

so he wants green glass, stone blocks, logs, rough gems, plant fiber or silk cloth and cut gems.
make sure that stuff isn't forbidden and sits in a stockpile where he can path to. should get you some nice artifact :P
Einsam stehn die schwarzen Zinnen,
Trotzen aller Zeiten Wirren.
So auch ich, komm sei mein Zeug:
Blutend, aber ungebeugt!

Xenxe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2010, 05:42:48 pm »

Ive had a dwarf want ROUGH gems before not cut ones that could be a problem if you like to cut your gems such as I.

Yardo

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2010, 06:02:09 pm »

I always keep a few rough gems around, just for times like these. And buy a few silk from the merchants the very first time they come,
as it usualy takes a while before i breach the caverns and start gathering silk from there. The rest is usualy not to hard to get.

xellas84

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2010, 06:18:07 pm »

Because I'm a massive packrat, I never have trouble with strange moods past year 1.

However, sounds like you need to wall that sucker in cause he's glitched.  Alternatively, make sure you have BLOCKS cut.
Urist McSpearfwarf: RARRR... I'm a big bad Falcon Demon named Murray who doesn't know what a Legendary Miner is. I'm a MONSTAAA! RARRRR! Oh, oh, pick in my brain. Down I go.

proxn_punkd

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a better dove story than Twilight
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2010, 06:28:40 pm »

He might have already gathered the blocks and moved on to something else you don't have waiting for him.

I'm thinking the cloth might be the issue. "Cloth... thread" can refer to plant thread, plant cloth, silk thread, or silk cloth. Do you have all four on hand?

Astramancer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2010, 06:41:37 pm »

Also, sometimes they will wait for specific versions of things.  I had someone craving bones, and I butchered 5 cats, and no-go.  I looked at his preferences, and he liked donkeys, so I slaughter a donkey, and he goes and grabs the bones.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2010, 06:49:59 pm »

He might have already gathered the blocks and moved on to something else you don't have waiting for him.

I'm thinking the cloth might be the issue. "Cloth... thread" can refer to plant thread, plant cloth, silk thread, or silk cloth. Do you have all four both on hand?

Moods never use raw thread.

Also, your dwarf specifically wants rock blocks, and will not accept wood, metal or glass ones.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 06:51:39 pm by Urist Imiknorris »
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Diacritic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2010, 06:54:45 pm »

You might also try making some metal blocks and see if that helps.

Fredd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2010, 10:26:03 pm »

I bet he is wanting a certain type of cloth. Of course, if its a fey mood, better see what he/she likes

Should you fail to comply, strict !!disciplinary actions!! will be taken. Also, we feel we should remind you that one of the "criminals" on your list is the chief medical dwarf. If he ends up too badly injured to do his job, you will be fired. Out of a magma cannon.
Sincerely,
The Administration

Gentle Manne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2010, 11:33:19 pm »

Press [t] to look in his workshop and double-check what he's gathered and hasn't gathered.

Cabbagetroll

• Bay Watcher
  • likes weiner dogs for their endless pluck
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2010, 12:47:20 am »

Update:
Apparently, he didn't like the spare raw green glass I had lying around. After making new raw green glass, he immediately goes and picks it up. A few minutes later, I am the new proud owner of Truststopped, a green glass window. What should I do with it?

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2010, 12:59:49 am »

Modern art in the entryway to your dining hall?
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

BigJake

• Bay Watcher
  • Know-it-all and bragart
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2010, 01:11:32 am »

If it were me, I'd install it in his room.  In place of the door.  While he sleeps.
He can gaze out of it, into a world he'll never know again because he made such a shitty artifact.

But that's just me.
Pages: [1] 2