Dwarf Fortress > DF Gameplay Questions

How To Farm (versions 0.31.x through 0.42.x)

<< < (27/30) > >>

Amperzand:
Oh, hey, they're doing it again. Anyone got ideas? No burrows in existence this time. Just, y'know, my farmers are sitting around doing nothing when they have perfectly good jobs to do.

Rafe:
What about re-sizing a plot? Can i delete it and the contents of the plot will still grow and then i simply make a new plot with larger dimensions over the existing one and it will no disturb the growth of the plot?

Sanctume:

--- Quote from: Amperzand on January 15, 2015, 11:36:45 pm ---Oh, hey, they're doing it again. Anyone got ideas? No burrows in existence this time. Just, y'know, my farmers are sitting around doing nothing when they have perfectly good jobs to do.

--- End quote ---

Do you have stock pile big enough to contain the plants that needs to be harvested?
If there is no room to put the plants in the stock piles, plants will not get harvested.

Albedo:
(That's been suggested)

--- Quote from: Rafe on January 28, 2015, 01:26:31 pm ---What about re-sizing a plot? Can i delete it and the contents of the plot will still grow and then i simply make a new plot with larger dimensions over the existing one and it will no disturb the growth of the plot?
--- End quote ---

No. Your phrase "make a new plot" is, unfortunately, quite literal.

There is no option to "resize" an  existing plot. You can delete a plot, but all seeds and/or plants and growing time are lost. Altho' if you're looking at a plot w/ plants that don't grow in that season (say, Winter), it's zero loss except for the labor to re-construct it.

Get it right the first time, or accept the loss (which is no big, really, or at least shouldn't be), OR stick to small plots (which are no diff from larger unless you are doing a lot of fertilization).

PFunk:
I have an issue where my farmers won't build new plots on perfectly good soil. The plot just sits there blinking and diverting more labour to the farming labour just leads to more guys planting plump helmets rather than starting the new plot.

Nothing else is having problems being built, just that.

EDIT. Apparently after a few seasons they finally got around to building it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version