Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: >.> Can't figure this out!  (Read 5874 times)

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
Re: >.> Can't figure this out!
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2010, 12:33:12 pm »

Not trying to make money there, trying to kill there for juice without getting arrested and without getting them as safe houses. And I get them as safe houses on accident alot.
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2010, 12:37:08 pm »

I dunno. I think after 2 or 3 people, a property gets shut down for a while as a crime scene. I think that has a lot to do with it.

That's why I leave murder and violence for the late game. There's many criminal, juice-enhancing activities that don't ramp up police attention quite so easily.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Urist McMick

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait... what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2010, 12:42:39 pm »

Go in unarmed, Punches rarely hit, and as soon as the enemy begins to die (stops fighting) back off.
In a World without Walls and Fences, who needs Gates and Windows?
You could bite into your computer screen, chipping teeth and fucking up the screen.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2010, 05:36:31 pm »

One activity that both generates juice and is legal is taking over the mic/stage at the radio/cable station.  Get someone with around 10 persuasion, and you won't even be stopped by security after the show!

Hyo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2010, 07:05:21 pm »

Except you cause alarm, can cause other conservatives to attack *you*; though you can always bluff or evade. And the problem is that if it's far away enough, and you get Death Squads/SWAT on site, it's going to be rather brutal for a peace-loving party. Brutal as in, they all or at least one or two die. And then they also get police waiting for them outside...

Rather dangerous if you ask me, *shrug*

jester

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarvern Survialist Nutter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2010, 12:08:55 am »

I like to keep my founder with 0 charges pending and then have "clean" and "dirty" LT's under him. First I grind up the stealth and disguise skills, then go on many, many short raids to the apartments.  Can usually net about 75 juice a hit with low risk, later on he takes out my guitar squad out for training trips with the same idea.  A few decent hookers make good "clean" recruiters.  Athletes, dancers and the like become "dirty" and go into an early combat squad. 
  These guys get records pretty much from day one.  Usually multi murder by punching too.  Reason being is if they get a bit of use a combat squad will have easy avg of 500 - 1000 juice, so massive heart, also they usually die rather than get caught.  (playing the conservative nightmare I pretty much ignore charges.  bullet to the head is usually about as far as investigations go).  I have yet to have someone out of my combat squads turn on me.  Repeatedly get shot in the face and die during training, yes, but never turn.  Having your founder/hookers recruit a few combat monsters is great for their leadership.  Early on I sometimes recruit 'disposables'  engineers for the nuke plant, psychologists for a bit of torture, teenybopper hookers for some quick cash, whatever.  dump them in a squad, give them shotties and tell them the cops said bad things about their mommas.

Cop outfits for cops and deathsquads, dunno about mercs or firemen though as far as disguises.  Repeatedly bluffing death squads is not recommended though.  I have lost more founders this way than any other.

Taking over the crack house will definately happen if you kill all the gang members that turn up after the alarm.  But not if you only kill 4 conservatives then run.  I am not sure how the in between bit rolls out
If life gives you lemons, burn them.

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2010, 01:40:28 am »

I think i figured out how it works, but I could be wrong. So far every time a crack house or getto has turned into a safe house I had left only after gangs had arrived or I had alienated everyone. Never for normal, suspicious, alarmed, or evacuateing.
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2010, 04:43:17 pm »

Except you cause alarm, can cause other conservatives to attack *you*; though you can always bluff or evade. And the problem is that if it's far away enough, and you get Death Squads/SWAT on site, it's going to be rather brutal for a peace-loving party. Brutal as in, they all or at least one or two die. And then they also get police waiting for them outside...

Rather dangerous if you ask me, *shrug*

Actually, Death Squads/SWAT doesn't respond to alarm at the Cable or Radio Stations.  Instead, you have the unruly mob, armed with pitchforks and shotguns.  Take a car, and the getaways are easier as half the pursuers can't attack (need guns to attack in car chases).  But you'll need someone with skill in driving and a Truck or SUV.

Hyo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2010, 05:30:41 pm »

... Oh yeah, I forgot that. Speaking of which, on my first LCS run, I had fun with that and racked myself a 1000 kill on one run of the place. And I can't believe that the police *still* hadn't decided to raid me back then. >.>

Which makes me remember how overpowered swords were and how I laughed as I grounded that far; you would've expected at least a few tanks to surround the place when more than a thousand people went into the building and haven't come back.

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
  • Fighting for Elite Liberal values since 2009!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2010, 10:17:59 am »

And how many gang members can die before the crack house/ghetto/whatever turns into a safe house?

Not sure. I don't screw with the crack house much, there's better places to recruit and make money. But not that many I'd imagine.

Crack houses are good for three things:
1. Illegal weapons from gang members (although late-game characters should already have them from the national guard or agents or mercenaries or whoever, and gang weapons are very expensive for new characters)
2. Heat-free target practice (also a bad idea for new characters, unless being very careful)
3. New safehouses (but heat protection-wise they remain inferior to the starting set, should I recall correctly)
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!
LCS in SourceForge - LCS Wiki - Forum thread for 4.04

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2010, 05:44:34 pm »

1. Illegal weapons from gang members (although late-game characters should already have them from the national guard or agents or mercenaries or whoever, and gang weapons are very expensive for new characters)

You seem to be implying that I would be obtaining the weapons by purchasing them, whereas looting them is much more cost-effective.

I can always find more liberal fodder.  AKs are the true rarity.  :P

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
  • Fighting for Elite Liberal values since 2009!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2010, 11:33:10 am »

You seem to be implying that I would be obtaining the weapons by purchasing them, whereas looting them is much more cost-effective.

I can always find more liberal fodder.  AKs are the true rarity.  :P

I already mentioned the fact that most liberals do not finance gun cartels by PAYING for them (except in hot lead). However, if you have a new character, relatively liberal (C-M) gun laws and a desire to obtain an assault rifle, you'll have to obtain it from gangsters. Or have huge guts trying to swipe the gun from some conservative. "Hey, I'm still using that!"
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!
LCS in SourceForge - LCS Wiki - Forum thread for 4.04
Pages: 1 [2]