Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: Magma mountains?  (Read 36718 times)

gralcio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magma mountains?
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2010, 02:55:16 am »

I loaded the save.

Inverted Volcanoes. Man, that's so ^%@$in' beardsome!

gralcio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2010, 03:01:44 am »

You embarked with one (ONE!?!?!) pick? How the hell am I going to survive this?!?!?!

Even better!

EDIT: With no mining skill at all... I wonder if I can dig and wall myself off in time.

Haulers already started:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 03:16:24 am by gralcio »

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2010, 03:04:02 am »

my plan is: fail. reclaim. fail. reclaim. fail. reclaim... and so on, until there are enough dwarf bones for a stilt fortress.

gralcio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2010, 03:30:10 am »

You can play this fortress when you aren't home. Jut leave your orders and go shopping. Come back to see 30 frame progress.

Quantum Toast

• Bay Watcher
  • Schrödinger's Breakfast
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2010, 03:39:10 am »

Is it just me or are these weird broken-reality sites appearing more and more frequently?
That would be as deadly to the wielder as to anyone else!  You'd sever your own arm at the first swing!  It's perfect!

gralcio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2010, 04:18:58 am »

Is it just me or are these weird broken-reality sites appearing more and more frequently?

Call it a bug, I find it a !!FEATURE!!

EDIT: And seriously...  These guys have like no skills.... Haulers almost moved all the stuff to safer place and this guy dug two (!!) squares so far...
« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 04:52:00 am by gralcio »

Lytha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2010, 08:02:47 am »

A save folder of 50 megabytes? An inverted volcano? And additionally to all of that, it's a "6 useless nobles and 1 worker peasant" embark? Awesome! Must have!
Lytha likes fire clay, rose gold, green glass, bags, the colour midnight blue, and cats for their aloofness. When possible, she prefers to consume tea and cow cheese.

Auto Slaughter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2010, 09:04:18 am »

I generally spend my embark points on the rarer skills or fighting skills (and weapons) because I find the more pedestrian stuff like mining, masonry, or carpentry easy to get legendaries in fairly quickly.
Legendary Idler
“There's nothing better than a party that turns into a death trap.”

               — Russell T Davies, Doctor Who writer, speaking of some of his more popular plot lines

jei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2010, 12:53:30 pm »

At steady 0 FPS and no water around, this is kinda unplayable.
Engraved on the monitor is an exceptionally designed image of FPS in Dwarf Fortress and it's multicore support by Toady. Toady is raising the multicore. The artwork relates to the masterful multicore support by Toady for the Dwarf Fortress in midwinter of 2010. Toady is surrounded by dwarves. The dwarves are rejoicing.

Plutoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2010, 01:56:09 pm »

Visualizer would be awesome.  I'll try and do it myself maybe.

gtmattz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:BEARD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2010, 03:42:44 pm »

I was just now messing around with generating worlds and playing with the volcanism levels and variance, and generated a world with 25/100 min/max and a very high variance (1600) and just about every place I embark, even if perfectly flat and nowhere near a volcano, has SMR mountains with blue spires and lava flows hundreds of levels in the sky, if the game doesn't simply crash when I hit 'e' to embark...

Worldgen:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

edit-  Well I just generated a few more worlds with those settings and they seem to be normal, so I dunno wtf is going on with these odditys.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 03:47:31 pm by gtmattz »
Quote from: Hyndis
Just try it! Its not like you die IRL if Urist McMiner falls into magma.

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2010, 04:14:23 pm »

This is amazing Auto, thanks for the upload!

jei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2010, 04:23:36 pm »

I was just now messing around with generating worlds and playing with the volcanism levels and variance, and generated a world with 25/100 min/max and a very high variance (1600) and just about every place I embark, even if perfectly flat and nowhere near a volcano, has SMR mountains with blue spires and lava flows hundreds of levels in the sky, if the game doesn't simply crash when I hit 'e' to embark...

Worldgen:

edit-  Well I just generated a few more worlds with those settings and they seem to be normal, so I dunno wtf is going on with these odditys.

I think this may be a symptom of the "military orders left over from previous loaded game" bug or similar in nature, where some parts of the memory are reused without cleaning up properly. Leading to crazy worlds. I have been unable to produce said adamantine spires, unfortunately. Just for fun, I'd like to generate a world with huge gob of adamantine with nice playable environment and not FPS=0.
Engraved on the monitor is an exceptionally designed image of FPS in Dwarf Fortress and it's multicore support by Toady. Toady is raising the multicore. The artwork relates to the masterful multicore support by Toady for the Dwarf Fortress in midwinter of 2010. Toady is surrounded by dwarves. The dwarves are rejoicing.

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2010, 04:28:38 pm »

Worldgen:

I think this may be a symptom of the "military orders left over from previous loaded game" bug or similar in nature, where some parts of the memory are reused without cleaning up properly. Leading to crazy worlds. I have been unable to produce said adamantine spires, unfortunately. Just for fun, I'd like to generate a world with huge gob of adamantine with nice playable environment and not FPS=0.

I had that happen, but the stick was exposed at the top so that it was over real quick, except my mason who got chased around the map for 10 mins.
...and a third died in his bunk of natural causes - for a dagger in the heart quite naturally ends one's life.

I used to have an avatar, but I was told to remove it after it kept making people go insane.

Devast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2010, 08:23:49 pm »

This type of 'bug' needs to be left in
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7