Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A few questions  (Read 968 times)

!!crundle!!

• Bay Watcher
  • EVERYONE, I AM ON FIRE
    • View Profile
A few questions
« on: October 07, 2010, 10:07:39 pm »

So, I've been working on a siege engine creature based off the wagon raws, and it has some problems i need help with.

1: This creature has a breath attack set on TRAILING_VAPOR_FLOW that shoots a 'tar' material that ignites and causes a sydrome. however, the 'tar' gets all over the siege engine as well as the unfortunate target... how do I stop this?

2: The engine is also completely unkillable. you can hack all its wheels and its back off, but it will keep going, no matter how many times you smash or burn or drown of magma the front. it has the [SEVERONBREAKS] tag, so that's not it.

Help?
w̷̦̬̹̣͕̙͖͑̓̌̓̑̄͒͋͜͝h̙̩͈̱͚̳̳̪͖̙͕̥̳ͥ̍̔͂̑̿̓̍̑ͣ͆̅̀͢y̧̼̭͎͓̟̺͉̰͎̱̜ͫ̂́͗̐̑́w̢̬̪͈̲̽̋́̈̓ͨ̄͐̿̓ͧ̇ͩ̏ͫ̑̎͟͡ḩ̡͍̫̣̹̬̙̭͊ͯͯ̉͡y̔ͥ̏͛̀̂̎̆ͥͮ̐̍̈̏͆̓̅̒҉̢̘͚͎̠̻̣̯̥̠̙̤̪̮̝̲̜̪́̕̕ͅw̸̗̻̱ͭͣͦͤ̇̑̅͗ͨͬ͋̉͊ͨ͂͜hͩͪ̋ͣ̇̔͂ͧ̍̾͂͏̨̠͕̼̟͙̳̺͕̥͔̜̮̩̰̲̞̼y̴̸̵̪͕̜̪̙̦̘ͧ̽̇ͭͭͬͯ̾̈́̐̂̉͆͒ͤ̌̀̕w̺̟͙͙̭͇̟̮͉̯͈͖̩͔͊͛ͧͯ̀̿ͣͪ͂ͪ͘̕͠ͅh̷̴̷̢͉͖̺̦̣͙̓ͧ̅͋ͪ̾̓͒̌̒ͯ̇́ͯ̕y̋ͪ̓̒̈́͞͏̤̗̞̲̪͚̮̤̫̪̺̪̫̕w̸͔̺̱̼̪̮̘̟͖̭̱͓͈̜͇͚͉̙͊̈́ͦ̅̋̂ͩ̓͗́̚͡ͅĥ̶̨̟̺͕̌͆͒͑ͦͨ̉͆͜͜ý̧͓̼̘̯͉̘̺̩͇̻͈͔̖͎̜͍ͭ̌ͩ͟͝͞

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A few questions
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2010, 10:13:41 pm »

1: This creature has a breath attack set on TRAILING_VAPOR_FLOW that shoots a 'tar' material that ignites and causes a sydrome. however, the 'tar' gets all over the siege engine as well as the unfortunate target... how do I stop this?

You can't, really.

2: The engine is also completely unkillable. you can hack all its wheels and its back off, but it will keep going, no matter how many times you smash or burn or drown of magma the front. it has the [SEVERONBREAKS] tag, so that's not it.

Wagons are essentially indestructible. There are a couple of ways of destroying them but no conventional means.

arzzult

• Bay Watcher
  • This statement is false.
    • View Profile
Re: A few questions
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2010, 10:17:49 pm »

You could try to mod in a brain type body part for them. Not sure what you would call it but having that destroyed or severed should "kill".
I just realized two things. 1. For the Win and F___ the World have the same initials. 2. They have the same meaning in Dwarf Fortress.