Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: A Terror to Behold: A Threetoe Story  (Read 73847 times)

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile
Re: A Terror to Behold: A Threetoe Story
« Reply #45 on: October 16, 2010, 04:41:02 pm »

Loved it!  :D
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

mnjiman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 19, 2010, 03:44:45 am »

I think is this is my fav't story you have done Threetoe yet. Great job.

I did feel that the story was cut short, there were parts of the story that felt too unexplained, not enough description. The fact that he gave the totem away on a whim for someone as a "night creature hunter", and as serious as he was just seemed too.... foolish of a mistake. Too much into himself.

Also, the fact that he got his ass beat around so much, without getting in some kind of blow back in his multiple fights didnt seem realistic. Each fight seemed to follow this trend 'kick my ass, and i barely get a fetal blow in'.

Another thing that bothered me was how he got his curse sight, and the implications behind it. This was one of the things that seemed like it was not explored enough.

"It was there he was bitten by a walking corpse, the first demon he had put down, and the one that gave him the curse of Sight. He used his curse as a gift, one to aid him in his endless quest for vengeance against the undead." How was this a curse? Was it turning him into an evil person over time? I didn't see the progression of this curse well enough.

Also, the fact the town turned on him so quickly.. it wouldnt matter if he was there or not, another person would of died. He offered free help. Maybe it felt like the town was not describe enough as a bunch of fanatics through some type of symbolism?
Anyways, great story. Sorry for the criticism, maybe im wrong.

O also, you used to do so many stories! KEEP THEM UP I WANTS MORE! :P
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 03:47:31 am by mnjiman »
I was thinking more along the lines of this legendary champion, all clad in dented and dinged up steel plate, his blood-drenched axe slung over his back, a notch in the handle for every enemy that saw the swing of that blade as the last sight they ever saw, a battered shield strapped over his arm... and a fluffy, pink stuffed hippo hidden discretely in his breastplate.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 22, 2010, 04:45:04 am »

entertaining read.

PhantomXD

• Bay Watcher
  • Digging designation cancelled: warm stone located
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 31, 2011, 06:11:58 am »

Sheer awesome thx for that gripping tale threetoe only a matter of time befor you get a best seller ^^
Ironhand's Graphics Set

Bottom line is, the wiki is your friend, and error is your teacher.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 23, 2011, 03:47:28 pm »

That was pure awesomesauce!

Knarfle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 06, 2011, 08:45:39 am »

This story makes me think of how cool it would be to have a horror themed monster hunter style game. Where you hunt more and more dangerous beasts of the night.

I've also had this thought about deep sea creatures, partially inspired by some dorky arcade shooter I played a long time ago that had some pretty interesting narrative.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 05:56:02 pm by Knarfle »
What do you get when a Rhesus monkey steps on a weapons trap loaded with maximum adamantine blades?

Rhesus Pieces!

katana

• Bay Watcher
  • EVERY TIME I POST PEOPLE RUN AWAY
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 28, 2011, 05:58:08 am »

It seems kinda fitting for DF adventure mode: epic warrior gets killed by some random weak thing, and citizens of the settlement get angry for no apparent reason.
AND IF THIS FAILS MY IDENTICAL TWIN BROTHER WHO WILL APPEAR IN THE MIGRANT WAVE THAT ARRIVES AFTER MY DEMISE WILL REPLACE ME.
(Tldr: THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FRIENDLY FIRE SALT)

mnjiman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 16, 2011, 03:14:54 am »

Threetoe! I hope your working on a new story for the new patch coming out!!!
I was thinking more along the lines of this legendary champion, all clad in dented and dinged up steel plate, his blood-drenched axe slung over his back, a notch in the handle for every enemy that saw the swing of that blade as the last sight they ever saw, a battered shield strapped over his arm... and a fluffy, pink stuffed hippo hidden discretely in his breastplate.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]