Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: "You have been encased in ice"  (Read 3684 times)

zarmazarma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
"You have been encased in ice"
« on: October 09, 2010, 06:34:47 pm »

Well, I just had a fun adventure.

After making my dwarf I set out on the normal task of slaughtering all the elves in sight... Sadly, I could not find a single elf. Every forest retreat I went to was entirely vacant of the buggers, and similar could be said for the human "towns". Anyway, during a search for some humans to slaughter, I came upon a cliff. Deciding I was bored of searching, I hurled myself from its peak, which happened to be a sheer cliff, a rock surface cleaved asunder by a mighty river. I hit the water, the force of my fall broke bones (my right hand in particular) and caused internal bruising. My dwarf, being the tough kind of badass he was, swam through the river, occasionally becoming unconscious, but managing to keep a float. I searched for a ledge I could use to climb out of the waters, but failed in doing so, and instead came upon a heard of hippos, and hidden amongst them were two crocodiles.

As I said before, I had broken my right hand, so my poor axedwarf was left with nothing but a shield made of steel to fend off the hungry reptiles. Utilizing his hidden dwarfly strength, while suffering from several broken wounds, internal bruising, and swimming, he managed to bash the skulls of the crocodiles into a fine pulp, using nothing but his shield. I was impressed. I decided to continue down the river, and I came to a point that I believed I could use to escape. Just as I reached the edge, the message, "You have been encased in ice", was written across the bottom of my screen. The river was frozen solid, my dwarf along with it.

Brandedahall

• Bay Watcher
  • DWARF...why you not work :(
    • View Profile
Re: "You have been encased in ice"
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2010, 06:48:26 pm »

wow thats one ... manly?... dwarf
Hi guys, like my post? give me a msg

i also like critisism

[This is a pig tail fiber thong, it object menaces with spikes of pig tail fiber] D:

jetex1911

• Bay Watcher
  • [MAXAGE:∞]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2010, 10:15:27 am »

Hey, maybe if you're lucky, he will come out in the spring and see the future of a world without *name of dwarf*
Put into this light, Dr. Robotnik and Armok could easily have been roommates.

Known as That_Kobold on BYOND

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2010, 11:58:47 am »

Did you try alt-move to the shore? If you're not drowning, you do not need any ramps.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

zarmazarma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2010, 01:20:00 pm »

Did you try alt-move to the shore? If you're not drowning, you do not need any ramps.
I know, but I'm pretty sure the area above the river was cliff side. I tried doing that, but it refused to work. Some times it just didn't register.

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2010, 02:10:30 pm »

Yeah, realistically a lot of rivers are pretty deep into gorges.

However, the "won't register" thing you get over by just hitting either the directional key or the alphanumeric key that selected which place to alt-move again. Though it might treat it like you pressed the button again, that's just a minor annoyance since you'll usually being pressing "a" and will just have to exit the event list.