Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress Talk #10: Feedback  (Read 51794 times)

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Dwarf Fortress Talk #10: Feedback
« on: October 11, 2010, 05:50:48 am »

The tenth one has been posted.

All the same, any comments about the format, content, quality, etc. of the call are welcome.

Ask questions via email (see this thread)!

edit: The transcripts by mallocks have been posted, available at the DF Talk page or here: Transcript
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 03:54:16 am by Toady One »
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress Talk #10: Feedback
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2010, 06:36:54 am »

YES. I needed this.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2010, 07:59:50 am »

Adventure mode addons really make me consider getting this... but the lack of embarking on human towns really wish for some one update that force fix. Oh well back to trying to enrage a hundred dwarfs in a human town to make it look like a large raid in adventure mode.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Dral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2010, 08:15:06 am »

« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 08:27:12 am by Dral »

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2010, 09:25:53 am »

Woah, this is really exiting! I don't even play DF any more but this almost managed to rekindle some of my old enthusiasm. Especially the language stuff sounds really intriguing. :)
Toady is really charismatic.

Also, it seems Toady's plans for the games always confirm my greatest hopes and then some.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

cameron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2010, 10:50:49 am »

i like the third personness of the download page

"Toady also forgot the credits at the end of the second segment,"

and yeah the language stuff could be really cool especially if there was drift of seperated groups and stuff

Maxxeh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2010, 12:31:11 pm »

in regards to the front page announcement:

"Proper burial is now somewhat more encouraged. An alternative form of memorial has been made available for those whose bodies you have misplaced."

did toady just say ghosts?

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2010, 01:12:11 pm »

My first thought was actually corpse-thieving night creatures that then create undead, but ghosts seems like a better fit, yes.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Cyntrox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2010, 03:12:10 pm »

I can't listen to it (waiting for the transcript), but is it anything like this?
"[...] begin to seek immortality, the secrets of which they can receive directly from any available death god [...]" -Toady

MasterFancyPants

• Bay Watcher
  • I LOVE TACOS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2010, 03:13:39 pm »

There are only two things I need:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
That alone would make the game 10x better for me and it's not that hard to do right... RIGHT?!?
Oh, while I'm at it will there ever be a way to let your forts continue without you, like all your dwarfs just kind of wander around aimlessly.
Quote from: Frumple
Flailing people to death with empty socks, though, that takes a lot of effort. Less so if the sock's made out of something interesting, but generally quite difficult.

Rift

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2010, 03:18:28 pm »

..another good talk. I'm really looking forward to being able to equip chickens with necklaces... as well as having creatures lay chairs [as if they were eggs] and then be able to sit in them..

Jiri Petru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2010, 06:45:41 pm »

A very nice Talk, and a nice change of pace after the last one (or the one before it?) that was mostly recycling old information. This one was packed with new, exciting info and above that made me laugh loudly several times. Brilliant job everybody, and thank you!
Yours,
Markus Cz. Clasplashes

metime00

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Dwarf Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2010, 07:15:51 pm »

Although I much prefer when the talks have a topic, I understand that one wasn't available. I love the DF talks, they really make me look forward to further development and where this game is going
Live long if you can, and prosper by any means necessary.  Any means, Urist.  So pull that lever, or by Armok, I'll lock you outside come next siege.
He who plays with dwarves must take care that he does not become a dwarf.  And when you stare into DwarfFort, Dwarffort stares back into you.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2010, 07:46:45 pm »

Oh yes, I needed this. I'll have to listen through it again before my cerebrum can offer any kind of constructive comment; until such time, Huzzah the Toad!

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2010, 10:38:18 pm »

I'll admit, I've stayed away from 'the Fortress for the last few updates, to give it as much time to iron out all the issues from the rewrite.

But I may have to dive into adventure mode as soon as this releases. A couple questions.

"Can we expect bandit groups for this update as well, or will this strictly be the Night Hags and Trolls and what not?"

"Will villages get revisited once the Night Creatures are in place, or will you be moving toward the Caravan arc, which was mentioned in the talk?"

It seems like villages should at least have the building layouts partially completed before moving away from adventure mode again.

Anyways, good talk, some fun stuff coming down the pipeline. And I loved "River of blood from my thumb, baby Scamps is a violent one." Sounds like a summoning chant, or something.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9