Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress Talk #10: Feedback  (Read 51980 times)

Innominate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress Talk #10: Feedback
« Reply #60 on: November 02, 2010, 08:12:37 am »

Fantastic!

Rainseeker

• Bay Watcher
  • Listening to Toady make trumpet sounds since 2009!
    • View Profile
    • Rattown Stories
« Reply #61 on: November 02, 2010, 11:02:05 am »

Thanks for the kind words everyone!  And thanks for the transcript Mallocks!
Rainseeker writes comics!  http://rattownstories.com

Also, forum profile for said comic:  http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=78817.0

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 02, 2010, 09:25:00 pm »

Thanks for the transcript mallocks, found some gems I missed while captivated by the sounds!

Quote from: DF Talk 10
It might be that you need to ... it's more of a dwarf mode thing, or more of an advanced adventurer mode thing where you go and have that place deforested; just settle the whole place and eventually the magic dies.

Or better yet, it turns into a whole Lovecraft story, where the houses are haunted because they were built on cursed lands, like somebody digs a root cellar and disturbs the ancient magics. And then I guess your adventurer has to do something about it, go find the necropolis and slap the ancient evil back down or go mad or tell the idiot peasant to wall up his root cellar or something. Or the peasants start turning into Fishmen or Ratmen or what have you, random folks turning into Night Creatures because their house is on an ancient evil temple or the heart of what was once the Forest of Lusting or whatever.

Although I imagine this kind of thing will all get sorted out once Spheres are in and matter.

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 03, 2010, 02:10:17 pm »

Thanks for the transcript mallocks, found some gems I missed while captivated by the sounds!

Or the peasants start turning into Fishmen or Ratmen or what have you, random folks turning into Night Creatures because their house is on an ancient evil temple or the heart of what was once the Forest of Lusting or whatever.

Although I imagine this kind of thing will all get sorted out once Spheres are in and matter.
1050:The peasants of the "Forest of Lusting" have begann a mysterious construction!
[...]
1075:The peasants of the "Forest of Lusting" have finished a mysterious construction! "rohir gocta olum ura golsin" the "demonic Cult temple of death and despair" a Temple consisting of 400000 Blocks. It features bleeding walls, haunting scream and manaces with spikes of bone. its tapestrys are made from Human skins.

And yes Mallocks thanks for the transcripts.
[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

Rainseeker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Rattown Stories
« Reply #64 on: November 03, 2010, 02:55:04 pm »

1050:The peasants of the "Forest of Lusting" have begann a mysterious construction!
[...]

Rainseeker: "Uh-oh.... I'm getting ready to report this to the mod..."

1075:The peasants of the "Forest of Lusting" have finished a mysterious construction! "rohir gocta olum ura golsin" the "demonic Cult temple of death and despair" a Temple consisting of 400000 Blocks. It features bleeding walls, haunting scream and manaces with spikes of bone. its tapestrys are made from Human skins.

Rainseeker:  "Oh... uh... never mind.  Violence and gore is okay I guess."

Also, forum profile for said comic:  http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=78817.0

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 03, 2010, 03:05:07 pm »

Hehehe... Oh you. (:
*Hugs*

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #66 on: November 05, 2010, 06:49:52 pm »

Well a lot of the druid types are and were obsessed with fertility and reproduction, so maybe the elves are too. Of course that conjures images of elven forest retreats where the trees have all been carved into elven effigies with enormous...ears.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 18, 2010, 11:38:47 am »

With the languages, might I suggest that Dwarven be ergative? It would just kind of fit.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Encased in burning magma

• Bay Watcher
  • Nekkid
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 22, 2010, 01:34:16 pm »

Well a lot of the druid types are and were obsessed with fertility and reproduction, so maybe the elves are too. Of course that conjures images of elven forest retreats where the trees have all been carved into elven effigies with enormous...ears.
She likes elves for their enormous ears.
[MILL_CHILD:ONLY_IF_GOOD_REASON]

Jiri Petru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 01, 2010, 04:28:04 pm »

I'm wondering if a new DF talk is currently scheduled?

It used to be once per month, but that was a long time ago. What are your plans for DF talk frequency in the future?
Yours,
Markus Cz. Clasplashes

Capntastic

• Bay Watcher
  • Greetings, mortals!
    • View Profile
    • A review and literature weblog I never update
« Reply #70 on: December 01, 2010, 07:21:34 pm »

Real life obligations and scheduling issues are the enemy.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 01, 2010, 07:28:13 pm »

I find the nonspecific date to be better, It stops the whole entitlement thing, and makes them a more welcome surprise.
*Hugs*

Rainseeker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Rattown Stories
« Reply #72 on: December 06, 2010, 06:54:43 pm »

It's been decided that we'll go "halfsies" again for this podcast, with the good Capn' and I doing separate segments with the Toad.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 06, 2010, 06:57:22 pm »

Oh darn. Any idea when you'll be able to do one as a full group again?
*Hugs*

Rainseeker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Rattown Stories
« Reply #74 on: December 06, 2010, 07:26:29 pm »

We operate on the theory that if we can't make it work with the three of us after a set amount of time, we prefer to put something out over nothing.  This month we've had no less than three false starts of one of us (not the same person) not being able to be there for some reason or other.  We're all still committed to the 'cast tho!

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9