Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: trying to deconstruct construction disaster  (Read 570 times)

varsashi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
trying to deconstruct construction disaster
« on: January 13, 2008, 03:42:00 pm »

I started in a human town (the capital so I could build on its keep). First I got to the game and immediately paused. I tried to build on the roof of the keep but the X was red. That was ok so I decided I would try to deconstruct a floor tile and see if the wall stayed. I did it on a corner of a shop that was on the same z level as the wagon and I let a dwarf go over to do the job. As soon as he is half way done however, Every built construction on the map is destroyed and stuff is spewed about. Thinking it wasn't possible I saved, copied my save and abandoned so I could go there as an adventurer. When I do I spawn in the middle of the would be keep and immediately I am surrounded by dust and am knocked unconscious by falling blocks. I don't have any mods going and the only raw I changed was adding the [pet] tag and value to Dark Gnomes. Is this a known bug or am I just terribly unlucky?

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Re: trying to deconstruct construction disaster
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2008, 06:38:00 pm »

So you hadn't done anything except partially deconstruct some random wall and the entire town collapse?  I haven't heard of that before.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

varsashi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2008, 01:02:00 pm »

Actually a floor tile that was built on top of the wall tile but same difference. It was kind of awkward and now a lot of the units are hurt but I kept on using the save. I am in the process of reusing all of the blocks to build a better keep.
Kind of funny but I guess thats why you cant trust human craftsmanship.   :D

Alfador

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerous Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2008, 01:37:00 pm »

You found the keystone!
This is a fox skull helmet. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It menaces with spikes of fox bone and is encircled with bands of fox leather. This item is haunted by the ghost of Alfador Angrorung the fox.

Lord Nightmare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2008, 09:32:00 pm »

It may help to post a save before and after this happened.

LN

"When life gives you zombies... *CHA-CHIK!* ...you make zombie-ade!"

ikkonoishi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2008, 04:26:00 am »

I did mostly the same thing only I didn't try to deconstruct anything. I heard someone mention that the red Vs and Ts are signs of massive data loss. So perhaps there is a memory leak somewhere in the templates for the human keeps.
Our Dwarven instincts compel us to run blindly towards disaster in case there may be a ☼<☼giant cave spider silk sock☼>☼ lying around.