Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 3.12 or the latest version?  (Read 666 times)

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
3.12 or the latest version?
« on: October 13, 2010, 12:27:30 am »

Hi all. I have stuck to playing 3.12 versions, but is now considering upgrading to the latest version. Should I? I heard a lot of bugs, like sprawl and war peasants etc. But any benefits from upgrading?

fivex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 3.12 or the latest version?
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2010, 12:33:42 am »

.16 has the slightly annoying(and non-bug) sprawl, but as of .16 there isn't any really noticable bugs(The war peasant thing was fixed as were a load other bugs), other then the lack of the human/elf liasion and things. The benefits involve fixed cave dragons and magma crabs and such, and also quite a few other bugs in .12(Read: 90% of them)

Zaik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2010, 01:48:51 am »

I still generate worlds with .12, but i've been using .14 with no troubles and when i stop being lazy i'll upgrade to .16
[MILL_CHILD:ONLY_IF_GOOD_REASON]

ungulateman

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: haunting moos]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2010, 01:56:25 am »

I'm still annoyed at the true-type font not working on some of the pages. It's a shame, too, because I really like some of the new stuff going on.

Also, MAKE SKILL RUST AN INIT OPTION ALREADY ARRRRRGH
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.

FleshForge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2010, 01:59:09 am »

.16 works fine for me, both for world gen and play.  You can control the sprawl stuff with the Sites Cap setting, as well as a shorter history during world gen (I stop at 50).