Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 26

Author Topic: Guilty pleasures?  (Read 74312 times)

subject name here

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Guilty pleasures?
« Reply #150 on: October 16, 2010, 09:31:24 am »

crossover fanfiction.

the more bizarre the crossover the better.

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 16, 2010, 09:33:50 am »

Watching Manhunt all execution videos is one of my guilty pleasures.

That really makes me worry for my sanity.

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 16, 2010, 09:34:22 am »

I like crossovers as well, it can be fun or funny, and in some rare instances completely and totally awesome. I recently found a Warhammer 40k/Warcraft crossover, the Space Marine who ended up on azeroth just took over a decent portion of the Scarlet Crusade and is leading them to slaughter undead.
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: November 04, 2010, 09:27:43 pm »

(Slight Necro, but you guys love this thread as a dump for your non-dwarf fetishes.)

I feel guilty about doing http://knowyourmeme.com/ that. I read and catalog these...things and I tell myself it's for psychological research, but I know I'm lying. The internet in general is something I'm ashamed of doing, like I would deny that this was my screen name, or that I joined bay12 to hell and back. But It's a hell of a lot easier to type than to actually talk (or it used to, now it's kind of equalizing out for me.), now isn't it? Oh, and there's tvtropes, RM* games, crawl, and pokemanz (ha, I will get my hands on a copy of the new game, even if I enter high-school the year it comes out [Flashkit bitches!])

Argembarger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Not quite yet
« Reply #154 on: November 05, 2010, 10:46:20 am »

maan Pokemanz don't even count as a guilty pleasure except in the most stifling of social circles. In high school they may be a little bit taboo but typically after high school is over it's all "YEAH POKEMANZ RULE" again, even if it's just for the nostalgia purposes.

One of my guilty pleasures is studying martial arts, but only because I'm at a very low rank. I definitely keep my practicing private/semi-private so no one makes fun of my utter lack of skill.

Runescape, kind of. I used to be hopelessly addicted, about 8 years ago. My character's still there, I know the password, and sometimes, when I am weak and susceptible, the siren song of absolute mindless repetitive skill grinding calls out to me. I'd log on, do something repetitive for about an hour to get my fix, then log off and pretend it never happened.

I don't play any MMORPGs of a higher quality than that because I am fully aware that something like WoW could consume and ruin my life if I tried it. Although I did have a Silkroad Online stint for a while.

Fantasy is kind of a guilty pleasure, but it's less about the genre in general and more about particular works. For instance, I really enjoy The Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan, but I realize in some circles I should keep that information tightly concealed.

And finally, DF is a guilty pleasure, but only because my RL friends are sick and tired of me talking about it. Haha.
Quote from: penguinofhonor
Quote from: miauw62
This guy needs to write a biography about Columbus. I would totally buy it.
I can see it now.

trying to make a different's: the life of Columbus

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: November 05, 2010, 10:49:35 am »

Kaguro does have one, tiny, itsy bitsy guilty pleasure. Not even a full on 'guilty pleasure', just something he goes back to for a shortime every once and awhile.
>.> <.< *coughs*asfvneaoevnqeknvqpokegirlsfnasocnkwqvonwv*coughs*
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: November 05, 2010, 12:37:44 pm »

If that is what I think it is then you deserve all of that shame.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: November 05, 2010, 12:50:00 pm »

Well, they are awfully cute.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: November 05, 2010, 12:51:48 pm »

Let's see...

- Touhou Project, specifically an unhealthy appreciation for the character of Fujiwara no Mokou and the incredibly obscure spinoff games. And fanworks of the Project generally.
- The archetypical Children's Collectible Card Game, namely Yu-Gi-Oh!. I even sometimes buy the little packets for no reason other than to test my luck. I help my luck along a bit, so I usually get a really shiny piece of cardboard out of the deal.
- Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt. That's all. Other animes a lesser amount (I pretty much watched 140-ish episodes of Yu-Gi-Oh 5Ds, so um yeah)
- Pokemon, except that everybody does.
- Being very inappropiate and random in RL. When appropiate.
- Completely average fantasy novels. I really don't know why.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 05, 2010, 12:55:48 pm »

Gelbooru.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: November 05, 2010, 12:56:18 pm »

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: November 05, 2010, 03:22:41 pm »

Being a bisexual scaly self harming furry.
*Hugs*

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 05, 2010, 07:52:01 pm »

I actually liked some of Sonic 2006. :-[

Werehog still sucks though.

AntiAntiMatter

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm back
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 26, 2010, 06:42:38 pm »

I'm obsessed with DnD, despite the fact that I don't play and never have.
[/post]

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #164 on: November 26, 2010, 11:31:28 pm »

I'm obsessed with DnD, despite the fact that I don't play and never have.
Try having a bunch of RPG motivational posters making references mostly to tabletop RPGs, and enjoying them to the point of wanting to play them, but due to a lack of experience (and a lack of interested people to try one out; and probably a lack of time to enjoy one as well, and all those rulebooks and all those rules...) be too intimidated to play one.

Didn't stop me from attempting to screw around with some excel documents and a GURPS Character Sheet thing to make myself some characters.

But anyway, I've got one hell of a collection of RPG.net motivational posters, and I don't think it's a complete collection. I wish someone archived the entire gallery (all, maybe 5-7 threads of them) and made a torrent of it (They got so big, and had so many submissions, the forum got DDos'd). That insanity was way too entertaining, and it's a shame DownThemAll! wasn't around at the time (or maybe it was, and it was a bunch of downloading the posters simultaneously that crashed it).
« Last Edit: November 26, 2010, 11:34:08 pm by Itnetlolor »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 26