Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 26

Author Topic: Guilty pleasures?  (Read 77377 times)

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
Re: Guilty pleasures?
« Reply #210 on: December 03, 2010, 05:33:52 pm »

TOADS FOR THE TOAD GOD
*Hugs*

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: December 03, 2010, 05:34:40 pm »

Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: December 03, 2010, 05:40:43 pm »

SCAMPS FOR THE SCAMPS KING
*Hugs*

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #213 on: December 03, 2010, 05:50:39 pm »

My dad thinks Toady is a terrorist, secretly putting terrorist code into Adventure Mode.
This bears repeating. Toady has officaly reached the fame level of "Accused of secretly being a spy/terrorist". Now he just needs to be accused of being the Antichrist, which should be easy enough if we show the right people our psudo-worship of him.
.....Wait, are you saying he isn't the Antichrist? Then why the hell am I worshiping him!?
Well, we can't take "antichrist" at face value. It could just mean an unconventional form of, instead of opposite from. You know, kinda like anti-heroes.

AntiAntiMatter

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm back
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: December 03, 2010, 05:58:33 pm »

My dad thinks Toady is a terrorist, secretly putting terrorist code into Adventure Mode.
This bears repeating. Toady has officaly reached the fame level of "Accused of secretly being a spy/terrorist". Now he just needs to be accused of being the Antichrist, which should be easy enough if we show the right people our psudo-worship of him.
.....Wait, are you saying he isn't the Antichrist? Then why the hell am I worshiping him!?
Well, we can't take "antichrist" at face value. It could just mean an unconventional form of, instead of opposite from. You know, kinda like anti-heroes.

Antiheroes are heroes who are not perfectly pure ethically. They vary from having "questionable morals" to being PITCH BLACK TOTALLY COMPLETELY EVIL. They aren't really unconventional heroes. Of course, the antichrist could be like that. 
[/post]
« Reply #215 on: December 03, 2010, 06:02:01 pm »

HypnoToady?

Didn't anti-Christ basically mean everyone that didn't believe in Christ? We are all antiChrists on this forum.
The Ashikaga Dynasty - A Europa Universalis 3 Let's Play - Sadly Cancelled Due To Bugs

AntiAntiMatter

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm back
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: December 03, 2010, 06:08:10 pm »

HypnoToady?

Didn't anti-Christ basically mean everyone that didn't believe in Christ? We are all antiChrists on this forum.

No, it refers to the polar opposite of Christ who will apparently turn up around the events of the Book of Revelations. A brief summary can be found here. http://www.thebricktestament.com/revelation/alternative_to_god_proves_very_popular/rv12_17.html
[/post]

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: December 03, 2010, 06:19:19 pm »

Both definitions can be correct, depending on enterpretation.

I choose to believe that the Anti-Christ is Zombie Jesus.

PenguinOverlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: December 03, 2010, 06:29:37 pm »

Cracked says that there is no antichrist.
I believe the pretty articles.
CleverBot: It hurts when you laugh at me.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: December 03, 2010, 06:55:12 pm »

I choose to believe that the Anti-Christ is Zombie Jesus.

Wait, but Zombie Jesus is Regular Jesus. OH GODS. THEY'RE THE SAME PERSON. IT'S ALL A BRILLIANT CONSPIRACY. JESUS MUST BE A MASTERMIND OF THE HIGHEST ORDER.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: December 04, 2010, 04:21:07 am »

MUCKs.

:<
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: December 15, 2010, 07:03:58 am »

MUCKs.

:<

Heh. I do something more nerdy.

I staff, and code for Mushes, and currently making my own.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: December 15, 2010, 08:37:49 am »

I....I like techno/rave/J-Pop. Despite having never been into the clubbing scene, and indeed being too old for the phenomenon for the most part.

I also like flagrant overuse of AutoTune, *in the right genre of music*.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

malimbar04

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: December 15, 2010, 11:27:00 am »

guilty pleasure: female voiced music.

I don't know why, but the vast majority of songs with a male voice just don't do it for me. You change the song to a version with a female voice, and I'm hooked. I actually have to try to thumb up male voices on Pandora, just so I can broaden my horizons. That and girly movies. Technically I like thinking movies and drama's first (Like Inception or The Butterfly Effect), but to watch a feel good romantic comedy is just a nice way to relax.
No! No! I will not massacre my children. Instead, I'll make them corpulent on crappy mass-produced quarry bush biscuits and questionably grown mushroom alcohol, and then send them into the military when they turn 12...

Nether

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: December 18, 2010, 06:14:28 am »

It is not the fact that someone likes fantasy that makes people think weird of him/her, it isn't even the obsession someone has. The only reason people look weirdly at someone for is the way this person present him/herself. People who prefer fantasy more often than not take less care of themselves and are more or less unexperienced with social events outside their fantasy circle. This makes them strongly different from outsiders and strongly bonded to their own world. Everyone has hobbies, more often than not these are weird. Yet everyone accepts you any way you are as long as you profilate yourself properly in social conversations.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 26