Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 26

Author Topic: Guilty pleasures?  (Read 74307 times)

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
Re: Guilty pleasures?
« Reply #45 on: October 12, 2010, 10:20:29 pm »

Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 12, 2010, 10:21:55 pm »

Don't go for it Realmfighter, remember what happened with the stairs?
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 12, 2010, 10:22:48 pm »

LOOK AT HER.

(No)
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 12, 2010, 10:23:07 pm »

Holy shit I am hot.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 12, 2010, 10:23:51 pm »

That's it. Pick up that soccer ball, go outside, and make some new friends. Saying you have friends on Battle.net is like saying you've got girlfriends at a crack house.

Just for clarification, would you say penpals aren't real friends either?  I'm actually curious where that falls with people, since it's pretty rare in the modern world.

Theoretically, we are all pen pals.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 12, 2010, 10:24:19 pm »

Pseudo-Sexual lusting after Touhou characters is my guilty pleasure.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 12, 2010, 10:26:22 pm »

Watching anime, playing games like Touhou and Starcraft, and reading sci-fi/fantasy books.
The swordfighting is a bit embarrassing too.

You try and tell yourself you don't care what other people think, but you reach the point where you have to admit you do.

EDIT:What a rush of comments while I was typing. I must be really slow.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 12, 2010, 10:27:20 pm »

You try and tell yourself you don't care what other people think, but you reach the point where you have to admit you do.

I'm trying to remove that part of myself. With a scalpel if necessary.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 12, 2010, 10:28:52 pm »

That's a lobotomy, you should avoid it.

Also, watch 'Being Erica'. That show is all about this kind of thing. Soooo gooooooooood.
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 12, 2010, 10:30:10 pm »

CANADIAN SHOWS FUCK YEAH.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 12, 2010, 10:30:48 pm »

I was trying to make a metaphor and I realized I shouldn't try again. Because I seem to forget what I was trying to say besides the obvious "I wanna stop doing that."

Yaaga

• Bay Watcher
  • "Mou... Yui-Senpai... Stop teasing me!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 12, 2010, 10:32:47 pm »

Pseudo-Sexual lusting after Touhou characters is my guilty pleasure.

Add this to my list of guilty pleasures, though include various anime characters in there too. Also, I too find my online friends to be important - even if they're almost my "only" friends. There are quite honestly a fair few people I miss because they've dissapeared/would miss if they did. I can think of one friend in particular I've had for about 5 years now on SC, if you can't call someone like that a friend who can you call a friend? Hell, he just bought me a birthday present, a small one yes but he spent $10 to get me Minecraft.
Minister of Luck - I directly affect everything in an indirect way that may or may not amount to anything! Yay me!

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
  • Riverend's Flame-beater of Earth-Wounders
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 12, 2010, 10:33:43 pm »

That's it. Pick up that soccer ball, go outside, and make some new friends. Saying you have friends on Battle.net is like saying you've got girlfriends at a crack house.

Just for clarification, would you say penpals aren't real friends either?  I'm actually curious where that falls with people, since it's pretty rare in the modern world.

I believe you've misunderstood me. It is not that I think you cannot have friends on the internet, but that you cannot have friends in certain corners of it anymore than you can frolic in the waves with sharks while bleeding. All the little bumps and nudges by their snouts aren't really playful.
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 12, 2010, 10:34:42 pm »

Aqizzar is at work right now, please leave any comments you have after the beep.

beep

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 12, 2010, 10:38:05 pm »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 26