Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Retroactive trade mandates  (Read 26297 times)

IronStorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Retroactive trade mandates
« on: October 10, 2006, 05:10:00 am »

I had already traded with an elven caravan when a bunch of nobles came in with an immigrant wave. Just as the caravan was about to hit the edge of the map and dissappear, a guildmaster made a trade mandate that apparently had a bunch of my dwarves penalized with hammerstrikes. 3 of them bled to death from the subsequent punishment, afterwhich the hammerer met a gruesome end when a door failure accidentally locked him inside of his room and he was left to starve to death.

Could you do something about these mandates that occur retroactively? This probably happens more frequently the more nobles one gets, and its practically a death sentence should the hammerer be assigned to mete out punishment.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Re: Retroactive trade mandates
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2006, 11:12:00 pm »

All right, I'll mark that down.  They wouldn't be tracking the dwarves that brought the goods prior to the mandate coming into effect, so it makes sense to change it even if the nobles are trying to be annoying.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Walker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2007, 05:11:00 pm »

I just saw another 'version' of this today.
It's still bug 000130, just with a slightly earlier timing.

After I completed the trade, but before the traders left a new mandate came into effect.
All the haulers then got put on the justice list.  (I of course didn't notice until the Trade Minister started getting unhappy from not getting himself punished for hauling items to the depot).

Tharcoonvagh

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2020, 04:29:30 pm »

It still happens! (bye bye legendary+5 carpenter)

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2020, 05:47:08 pm »

It still happens! (bye bye legendary+5 carpenter)
We have a bug tracker now. No need to necro this 14 year old thread!

darkhog

• Bay Watcher
  • JAGIELSKI is PERFECTION
    • View Profile
    • Jagielski Gaming YT channel
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2022, 11:36:25 am »

Bugtracker that doesn't work. Made an account there, confirmed e-mail, literally can't create a report, lol.
I am a dwarf and I'm digging a hole. Diggy Diggy hole, diggy diggy hole.

If I say something funny, don't ask if you can sig it. Just do it (though credit me).

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2022, 01:04:56 am »

Bugtracker that doesn't work. Made an account there, confirmed e-mail, literally can't create a report, lol.
There was a bug tracker two and a half years ago when the last post was made. ::)

For the past couple of weeks it's been down as it's moving to another location. Upgrading for the Steam generation.

JezaGaia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2023, 03:23:38 pm »

I just saw another 'version' of this today.
It's still bug 000130, just with a slightly earlier timing.<P>After I completed the trade, but before the traders left a new mandate came into effect.
All the haulers then got put on the justice list.  (I of course didn't notice until the Trade Minister started getting unhappy from not getting himself punished for hauling items to the depot).

I just came here to report the exact same issue, I'm playing the steam version 50.05 so this is still going strong.