Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 46

Author Topic: Hazordhu II  (Read 44805 times)

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hazordhu II
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2010, 02:33:22 pm »

Heh, I found a nice spot with lots of metal, stone, clay, wood, and a cave to dig up. Looks like a nice place to build an underground fortress :P
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2010, 02:40:54 pm »

Sounds like you need to give us all directions on how to get there! :)

Also, I used to play RPGWO. For a long time in fact. I can't remember exactly why I quit, but I do remember being frustrated that anything you build off your own property decays really quickly (killing off my idea to build something epic and leave it as ruins to be discovered), and the system for monsters was kind of a pain too. 
« Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 02:42:31 pm by Sappho »

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2010, 02:58:52 pm »

All I remember is that I kept heading north from that canoe location and a bit to the right. You should find two boats and an empty sign somewhere at the location I disembarked. Then a lot of paces to the north, and somewhere to the east where there's a gap at the cliffs. If you wander around that location enough you should find some places where there's three caves in a row.

But there's no food or water there, so I lost the place while trying to find some. Shouldn't be too tough once someone builds a cooking spot and a well/fountain there.

EDIT: Ah, found it again.

Find the two boats parked, with a sign on top. Go all the way east to some cliffs, then go all the way north there's a horizontal cliffs somewhere. I'm still not sure how to get there from there, but it's somewhere to the northeast from there. The three caves in a row make a good landmark, even if you miss the spot.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 03:33:13 pm by Muz »
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2010, 04:06:28 pm »

Oh, and I've started building a DF-style fort. Could use a few miners, masons, weaponcrafters, planters, soapmakers soldiers :P

Ah, directions are pretty easy. Go look for a signboard near a boat. Go all the way east until you reach a cliff. Then go all the way north until you reach another cliff, and behind that, a lake. Then turn east.. there should be a very narrow path, about 2 tiles wide with a lot of trees, keep following it until your reach the place.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 04:27:39 pm by Muz »

Nonsapient

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2010, 06:25:39 pm »

It irritates me that all the byond games are win only.

Any help with getting this going in linux?

Duelmaster409

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_FIGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2010, 09:28:16 pm »

It irritates me that all the byond games are win only.

Any help with getting this going in linux?

Shouldn't this BYOND build work? There's also an entire BYOND guild dedicated to Linux compatibility via Wine, you can find these ol chaps here.

On the subject of Hazordhu, I actually played this back in the day. Not only that, I was actually apart of the server moderation team. I also helped coin together some small systems in the programming back then, but they're really too small to be considered relevant. Who knows, I might come back and assist in you guys' Fort!
« Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 09:29:55 pm by Duelmaster409 »
Dwarf fortress: Teaching uni level geology to sadistic elf killers for years.

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2010, 12:22:51 am »

Do the reboots wipe everything?

e; apparently not
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 12:43:42 am by x2yzh9 »

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2010, 01:14:08 am »

Muz, I will gladly join you, you only need to tell me how to get there(Or get me there)
Quote from: x2yzh9
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2010, 02:21:28 am »

We have diplomats from Hazion over.

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2010, 03:05:44 am »

An admin said that reboots will wipe out caves, if you don't have support beams. I think he figured that us, being Bay12ers would go and build an underground fort.

Lol, I gave the directions twice already. I'll try to make it clearer :P

1. From the tutorial starting point, head up all the way northeast to Sappho's abandoned canoe :P
2. Build some kind of boat and row all the way north from there, until you reach some land.
3. Keep rowing along the coast, until you find some boats. Even if someone stole those boats, there should be a signboard with nothing written on it.
4. Disembark, walk all the way east until you reach some cliffs.
5. Walk all the way north, along the cliff wall. There should be some horizontal cliffs, and a lake behind there.
6. Go east from the lake. There should be a narrow gap in the hills, about two tiles wide. Just keep following that gap, and head a bit north from the end of it.

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2010, 03:29:19 am »

Looks cool, I'll drop by if I find some time (and my way :P )
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2010, 05:27:42 am »

Make sure that you have two paddles before getting into your boat!  Unless it's just me, boats seem to be bugged.  If you get on them without two paddles you can't get back off.  Also if you get disconnected when you're on one, you get stuck when you log back in.  I just posted a description of the problem on the Hazordhu forums, so hopefully F0lak will be able to fix it, but for now be careful.

Now to log in, build me a new canoe, and head on up to the fortress!

EDIT: Is it possible to dig your own caves, or do you just have to find them and mine from there?  I can't figure out how to create a cave.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 05:34:22 am by Sappho »

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2010, 07:09:49 am »

I got on my boat with only one paddle, but had enough boards to carve another :P I think you could get off, though, just have to double click the shore or whatever it was to disembark.

Yeah, you have to find caves and mine them from there, but you know that by now :P

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2010, 07:18:03 am »

Yeah but if you double-click to disembark, it tries to disembark you forward from where you're facing. And once you've gotten on the boat, you're facing away from shore, so you'd be walking into water, which you can't do, so you just sit there.  Trust me, I spent about an hour yesterday wrestling with this.  If you get on a boat without enough paddles, you can't get back off without dying, as it stands now.  If anyone has had a different experience, please let me know how you did it!

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2010, 07:41:31 am »

Can't you turn around to face the shore?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 46