Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Funny Gaming Stories  (Read 25107 times)

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
Re: Funny Gaming Stories
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2010, 12:21:23 am »

That is incredibly amuseing, well done. Should have used the barbarian as the bridge though,  he'd have more STR so he'd naturally be bigger and sturdier. One game, an evil campain, I decided to use my torch to start lighting squirels on fire, then launching them at the enemy with my sling. Good times where had by all, especially when the necromancer in our party started raiseing the squirels both for re-use, and for a horde of ankle biters on our side. The barbarian in our party, a werebear for the hell of it, decided to rush into a village, transform, and slaughter them all in the name of Malar. In the middle of the slaughter the DM made a clawed hand appear out of nowhere and bitchslap him, turns out the village was full of people who had made Malar very very happy over the years.
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2011, 02:43:14 pm »

Reviving old topic because I can't find a newer version that's quite the same.

Deadlands.  My players are very violent and take-no-prisoners.  Having watched too much Tombstone, they decided that their stated objective is to bring fear to the hearts of bad guys.  They call their merry little band the Reckoners.

It's funny because of GM spoilers for the setting:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Nice job breaking it, hero.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 02:47:03 pm by Sowelu »
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

SomethingCreative

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2011, 01:40:35 pm »

I didn't know we could talk about TTRPGs here!

There was this quilboar warlord who had been actively working with cultists and other unsavory sorts in the local area. He rapidly rose in power and was quickly going from being a minor threat to a very serious problem. The local orc leaders agreed that he needed to be dealt with before he got any stronger.

So our party is given the job of course. We head out to his base of operations (an encampment at the bottom of some cliffs) and engage him and his followers in battle. The quilboar warlord has already developed some serious fel powers and become a real toughie. They soundly kick our bums and we high tail it out there and escape.

We figure that to defeat him in combat we have to find whatever his weakness is, so we start following the warlord around and spying on his activities. Sometime around the middle of the second day of this we're up on the cliffs overlooking the warlords encamptment. The warlord is down below having a meeting with several orc cultists.

Suddenly, our tauren warrior snaps his fingers. He jumps up and grabs the largest stone that he can lift and then aims and chucks it over the side of the cliff. The stone lands on the warlord, head first, and pretty much flattens him.

We had to scrape the body into a basket to show proof that we had defeated him.

(Setting is Warcraft, game system is FUDGE)

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2011, 03:42:52 pm »

My group had our first session this past Monday. We're starting a game of Genius: the Transgression. While there haven't been any hugely funny moments in the game as of yet, it looks as if there will be in the future.

Each of the three players made three wonders. One has some relatively mundane things - a rifle that fires drill bits, a 20-barrel shotgun, and another that I can't recall. The second has a pair of shock gloves powered by a car battery, a robotic dog that only sometimes eats children, and a utility robot whose "don't slaughter humans randomly" code was apparently not commented out, as our ST put it.

Myself, I've got a set of junkyard power armor (think car fenders, old truck hydraulics, etc), the suitcase-sized Health-O-Matic 76, and my Happy Fun Stick. The Health-O-Matic works on the principle that The Man is lying to you about the negative effects of mercury and lead. It injects the patient with the stuff and heals them. There's a quirk that it has to have a certain kind of mercury that comes from fish - I stick fish into blenders, feed the slurry into my suitcase, and inject injured people with it.

The Happy Fun Stick is exactly what it sounds like. It's fun to use (on others), it makes me happy when it's used (on others), and it's stick-shaped. To be more specific, it's an old magnetron from a microwave mounted on the end of a stick and powered by a hand crank. Technically it's not supposed to be lethal, but I microwaved a cyborg dog with it near the end of the session.

Why this game will be fun: we're all in the International Union  of Artifice, we all have Katastrofi as one of our favored Axioms, and we all excel at dumpster diving for parts and kitbashing things together. We made characters separately yet they're miraculously similar, down to myself and another guy having three dots in Intimidation, specialized in stare-downs.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 07:23:49 pm by Mephisto »

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2011, 07:07:50 pm »

Normally I'm that member of the DnD group that takes things seriously and likes to get into their character and do a bit of proper role playing. But for one gestalt game I decided to mix things up a little. I was a compulsive dancing, megalomaniac, barbarian/sorcerer elf (ten minutes into the game the DM remembered that elves were supposed to be extinct in this setting). Now this was a small game with just one other player (others would come in later) who happened to be my younger brother, who also happens to like doing a bit of proper role play.
He was a barbarian/rogue single mindedly searching for his parents. The setting was a kind of steampunk setting where magic was illegal to anyone without a license for it.

Of course neither me or my brother's character had licenses and we started the game in jail, in two neighboring cells. Naturally I start role playing my dancing, singing, unhinged, psychotic elf. This pisses my brother's very serious purpose driven character off a little bit. So when he steals the keys from the guard's belt as the guard left he dangles them in front of me asking what I'd do for him if he let me out. My character responds by stopping dancing, casting hold person on him, taking the keys and leaving him there. The rest of the session was a bit of a blur. There were numerous bits of incharacter dialogue I wish we had recorded. I remember closing all the valves on some huge boiler in the keep we were being kept resulting in an earth shaking explosion. I remember derailing two trains, my bother's character was there as the DM tried once more to get us to party up. The argument our characters had while mine was crowbaring up pieces of track was simple brilliant. I remember stealing a boat and investigating an island. Seeing as my boat was the only one headed west my brother's character decided to try and temper his growing hatrid of my character. By the time we reached the continent across the vast ocean it was clear nothing the DM could do would get us to stay together. He heads inland into the desert and I stay in the port town we landed in and make enquiries about the local rulers and how to become one. My brother's character discovered his quest to find his parents had failed and his only lead led no where, all while being captured by slavers. Meanwhile everyone's favorite dancing psychopath was attempting to assassinate the lord of this little desert nation only to find the man in a private meeting with a mindflayer. Que a climatic battle that ends with an enlarged, enraged elf cutting the head off a mindflayer while standing on the roof of a burning half demolished mansion. As my bother murdered the slavers with shiv he'd been carrying form the start and I escaped the army angry of soldiers (sadly my target managed to escape in the confusion) we concluded our groups first session.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2011, 07:56:11 pm »

I remember when I first played that level in hammerfight where you're chained to some executioner guy and have to fight to the death. I was just swinging at him with my hammer and stuff and taking a beating, and when I was at around 25% health he charged at me, I went all "ohshit" and flew upwards. He slammed into the wall while I tried to fly away to the other side of the room. I totally forgot about the chain, and when I realized it I was swinging the executioner around. Somehow I managed to gather enough momentum to slam into the rock block wall so hard he exploded. Good times
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.
Pages: 1 2 [3]