Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Funny Gaming Stories  (Read 26725 times)

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Funny Gaming Stories
« on: October 20, 2010, 01:04:10 pm »

This is basically a crosspost from the Giant in the Playground forums. There's a fairly lengthy thread there where people post funny things that happen during their gaming sessions. As I had a fairly amusing session last night, I thought I would share. Feel free to post your own.

Perhaps this would be better suited for Creative Projects? You decide!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The Keeper said the backstabbing is a nice setup for our next session, where we start a new system: Shadowrun.

Frajic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Funny Gaming Stories
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2010, 01:13:45 pm »

If only I'd have someone to play RPGs with. There isn't exactly a lot of interest for it around here, and online tabletop clients don't work too well seeing as most players are American, and I live in Europe. Their nights = way early in the morning(or late night) for me.
EoS company name: Vikings Inc.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2010, 01:14:25 pm »

Forum games is for... well, games. And I dunno if this belongs in Creative Projects, as this is more about posting anecdotes than putting effort in and getting a plot, characters etc.

General Discussion or Other Games would be best.

If only I'd have someone to play RPGs with. There isn't exactly a lot of interest for it around here, and online tabletop clients don't work too well seeing as most players are American, and I live in Europe. Their nights = way early in the morning(or late night) for me.
Exactly my situation.

Frajic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2010, 01:22:55 pm »

Exactly my situation.
How about we find another one in our situation, an European DM, and go play Pathfinder together?

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2010, 01:41:09 pm »

Forum games is for... well, games. And I dunno if this belongs in Creative Projects, as this is more about posting anecdotes than putting effort in and getting a plot, characters etc.

General Discussion or Other Games would be best.
I suppose that's correct. Moved.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2010, 01:44:05 pm »

Exactly my situation.
How about we find another one in our situation, an European DM, and go play Pathfinder together?
Okay.

I know sizeak and Nuke9.13 are currently in Europe, so maybe them?

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2010, 01:51:28 pm »

We where running a 'do whatever comes to mind' kinda game, the story was loose enough so that the players could do what came to mind and our DM would allow it, to an extent. As I always do in that kind of game I made a sorceror with as many points in bluff as I possibly could. Thoughout the game I proceeded to do horrible and/or funny things and then lie my ass off to every NPC around to get away with it. Two particular moments fit into my 'win' catagory. First I used a scroll to turn the king into a frog, in the middle of a crowded room, with tons of guards and nobles. I convinced them all the queen did it, when she wasn't even in the room, becouse of a natural 20. At the end of the campain we had been paid by a demon to kill Asmodaias(I think that's how it's spelled) the lord of all devils, master of the 9th hell, etc. I bluffed the lord of all devils into thinking it was in his best interest to give me every drop of his power, and his title, and to go into hideing. The DM decided to end the game there before I, to use his words, "go mad with power and start makeing wars on the gods".
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2010, 02:25:16 pm »

Never, ever, doubt the power of rolling a 20.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Frajic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2010, 02:27:04 pm »

We where running a 'do whatever comes to mind' kinda game, the story was loose enough so that the players could do what came to mind and our DM would allow it, to an extent. As I always do in that kind of game I made a sorceror with as many points in bluff as I possibly could. Thoughout the game I proceeded to do horrible and/or funny things and then lie my ass off to every NPC around to get away with it. Two particular moments fit into my 'win' catagory. First I used a scroll to turn the king into a frog, in the middle of a crowded room, with tons of guards and nobles. I convinced them all the queen did it, when she wasn't even in the room, becouse of a natural 20. At the end of the campain we had been paid by a demon to kill Asmodaias(I think that's how it's spelled) the lord of all devils, master of the 9th hell, etc. I bluffed the lord of all devils into thinking it was in his best interest to give me every drop of his power, and his title, and to go into hideing. The DM decided to end the game there before I, to use his words, "go mad with power and start makeing wars on the gods".
That's when you know you've won the game.

Frajic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2010, 02:27:40 pm »

Exactly my situation.
Okay.

I know sizeak and Nuke9.13 are currently in Europe, so maybe them?
Are they interested and/or DM?

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2010, 02:29:10 pm »

I dunno. Go contact them.

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2010, 02:31:52 pm »

That's when you know you've won the game.
I'm actuilly half tempted to try and convince the DM to continue that game, just for a war on the gods.
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Frajic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2010, 03:10:26 pm »

I dunno. Go contact them.
Or even better, make a thread.

The discussion shall now move over to that one.

HonkyPunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2010, 06:56:22 pm »

I was GM of a Cthulhu D20 game (d20 version of call of cthulhu, we were more familiar with those rules) and suffice to say, it went surprisingly unwell.
I had one player who was a samurai with a katana (I figured hell, why not, could be good for laughs and will keep him interested.)
So, my players are in a warehouse, killing rats (I don't know what else to start with.) The rats are in a vent system that's hanging from the ceiling, so my player who is a journalist gets out his grappling hook, and manages to catch the vent, and then helps my samurai player climb up there. So, he gets up on it, and start stabbing downward into the vent, attempting to kill the rats. The journalist player gets the brilliant idea for him to cut the vent from the ceiling (it's cheap metal) so he tries. He digs his katana into the vent and starts running, and cutting the vent in half as he goes, lengthwise. About 3/4 of the way in, he hears a bloodcurdling scream, and the other players see a large amount of blood running from inside the vent. The vent then splits in half, and dumps the remaining rats out, followed by the corpse of a human child, that is now missing an arm. He hits the ground with a wet thud; my third player (I believe he was an investigator) fails his sanity check and starts screaming, and falls to the ground in the fetal position. Samurai player climbs down the brick wall, and rolls the child onto his back. He has a small blanket tied around his neck as a cape, and a burger king crown that says 'Rat King' on it in sharpie. Journalist player tries to calm down the Investigator simply by saying 'He was a burden to society, and he had dementia. He's better off dead.' They stuff his corpse in a bag of flower, finish off the rats, take their money and leave. This left me in a bad spot; the kid was the link to the next mission, they were supposed to find his parents, and then would figure out that there have been large amounts of missing children lately..so instead I had to pull something out of my ass.
nobody of great interest

i have a crap tumblr page. i usually post art but my scanner is down. http://www.tumblr.com/blog/heygofuckadog

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2010, 07:09:58 pm »

That's...that's really horrifying.  D:

My best funny story was from D&D 3.0.  Plot background: There's some scary planar stuff going on with barriers being lowered, so occasionally portals to the plane of fire will open up (but all anyone knows is that these massive fireballs from nowhere keep hovering through the town and burning things).  The party needs to get this amulet from a wizard who works for the local mafia.  So they go from tavern to tavern with a rallying cry of "Kill the wizard, stop the fires" until they've got about a hundred angry drunks with torches and pitchforks converging on his house.  Of course the wizard starts chucking lightning bolts at the angry mob, while the party sneaks around back and steals the amulet with Mage Hand + a fish hook.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!
Pages: [1] 2 3