Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1951 1952 [1953]

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 833123 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #29280 on: Today at 11:35:26 am »

Well, he went and did it. Which is good, because now it'll be held up in court for a year before being quashed by the next administration. Should also torpedo his approval ratings even further than the shutdown did.

You know his base is going to applaud it though.
They would applaud if he walked in front of that podium and shit his pants. Unfortunately for him, 30% is not an electoral majority.
"Just draining the swamp!"

Ispil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29281 on: Today at 11:37:32 am »

It's closer to 35% I believe, but my point is that it can only go so far down.
It's at 41% currently, so there's still 6% to shave off.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

"I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it."- Voltaire

I transcribe things, too.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29282 on: Today at 11:44:54 am »

The parallels with the statement he retweeted off an aligned commentator of "Trying to use the 25th Amendment to try and circumvent the Election is a despicable act of unconstitutional power grabbing...which happens in third world countries." are ironic.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • Make birds howl again
    • View Profile
« Reply #29283 on: Today at 12:04:32 pm »

What you should be checking is how much the Ellectoral College approval of him is.
Teneb's Miscmods, for more stuff in your fort.
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?
Quote from: Loud Whispers
Does a Laconian believe they descend from Achilles? Does an anon believe a greentext happened? Does a child believe in air? We choose the fake news we want. The eternal memri.tv

Ispil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29284 on: Today at 12:27:26 pm »

What you should be checking is how much the Ellectoral College approval of him is.
Not a single member of the Electoral College actually went against their state's popular vote. 35% is not enough, no matter how ideally spread across several states, to win the Electoral College.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

"I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it."- Voltaire

I transcribe things, too.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29285 on: Today at 12:34:47 pm »

Not a single member of the Electoral College actually went against their state's popular vote. 35% is not enough, no matter how ideally spread across several states, to win the Electoral College.
Unless the Electoral College is solely composed of individuals from that 35%, and enough of them are fanatic enough to actually go against the state vote.

Which, y'know, would at least be an interesting dumpster fire.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • :thonk:
    • View Profile
« Reply #29286 on: Today at 12:38:49 pm »

The point stands, you just need a majority in the right places.  Keep in mind, the rating climbed back up from the previous shutdown's low.

Trump literally lies to his base that the wall's already started to get built, before he even has the money for it, and they believe him.  Wall practically runs on Orky power-of-belief.
No game.
Only loot box.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29287 on: Today at 12:58:09 pm »

Propaganda does run on Orky faith.  It is terrifyingly effective when it works.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29288 on: Today at 12:59:30 pm »

I hear you are in a state of emergency.  Canada's thoughts and prayers are with you guys, I hope you all pull through.   :P
Avid gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #29289 on: Today at 02:45:45 pm »

I hear you are in a state of emergency.  Canada's thoughts and prayers are with you guys, I hope you all pull through.   :P
Yeah, there's a caravan of unarmed women and children at our southern border, and seem to think they're allowed into America despite not being born here. It's really terrible. Awful, really. They should just go back to Minnesota or wherever non-American place they came from.

It's a good thing the Mexicans don't have ladder technology, or we'd feel real stupid right about now.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • Make birds howl again
    • View Profile
« Reply #29290 on: Today at 03:03:58 pm »

Yeah, there's a caravan of unarmed women and children at our southern border, and seem to think they're allowed into America despite not being born here. It's really terrible. Awful, really. They should just go back to Minnesota or wherever non-American place they came from.

It's a good thing the Mexicans don't have ladder technology, or we'd feel real stupid right about now.
I hear border smugglers have researched the Human Catapult technology.
Teneb's Miscmods, for more stuff in your fort.
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?
Quote from: Loud Whispers
Does a Laconian believe they descend from Achilles? Does an anon believe a greentext happened? Does a child believe in air? We choose the fake news we want. The eternal memri.tv

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #29291 on: Today at 04:15:03 pm »

Public shooting at a warehouse in Aurora Illinois. Shooter apprehended. 4 officers and multiple civilians shot.
Thoughts and prayers~

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29292 on: Today at 04:19:46 pm »

From what I'm hearing, it sounds like a workplace violence incident. The shooter also appears to have been apprehended, but it's still early.
Pages: 1 ... 1951 1952 [1953]