Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 727 728 [729]

Author Topic: Things that made you laugh today: 10101 bits and counting  (Read 1033386 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you laugh today: 10101 bits and counting
« Reply #10921 on: July 05, 2020, 07:47:17 pm »

So four years ago Shut Up & Sit Down played a Goddamn Megagame.  About 60 people in a community center, split into 4-person nations (and an alien faction), had to navigate Earth's first contact.  It was *glorious*.  I've shared it before but I will spoil nothing, and I randomly went back to rewatch it today.

Turns out they released a sequel just last month!  And good gravy, the scale has ramped up... maybe tenfold, literally.  The chaos and difficulty of basic communications is just sublime.  Major props to the camera crew and editors for forging a narrative from a game where the prime minister basically shut down from the sheer amount of information to process.  The same team played Japan again, along with some new cabinet members, in:
Watch The Skies 2

It got weird.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Yarr Harr Fiddldy Dee
    • View Profile
« Reply #10922 on: July 05, 2020, 09:38:34 pm »

hey, this is really intertesting.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
  • Cyber-Voodoo Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #10923 on: July 08, 2020, 08:32:00 pm »

Kate Bush is as weird as noteworthy. No mockery, just genuine insecure laughter.
Words are just fancy onomatopoeias.

Th4DwArfY1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #10924 on: Today at 06:48:24 am »

I think you mean Cathy, not Kate:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fk-4lXLM34g
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  Th4DwArfY1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
  • Cyber-Voodoo Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #10925 on: Today at 07:45:57 am »

lol yes dj isaac - bad dreams brought me there, it's weird I pretty much hated that music back when it was popular, but I remember the samples quite fondly, and lately I noticed that there is worse music to game to because it drains so little attention, and it definitly lends some of these damn interesting bridges into the analogue age from time to time.

If things go on like this I will have converted from music snob, to "can find good in everything"... sure there are large swaths of contemporary pop that still make me irrationally angry, and I'm an extremly picky dancer... But so long as I keep away from commercial radio everything is well in the realm of music.
« Last Edit: Today at 07:47:54 am by dragdeler »
Words are just fancy onomatopoeias.
Pages: 1 ... 727 728 [729]