Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7805 7806 [7807]

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 4841072 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #117090 on: December 03, 2019, 05:44:40 pm »

It's always fun feeling helpless and worthless when in the middle of a group of people you care about who are achieving the things you wanted for yourself in life.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117091 on: December 03, 2019, 05:49:49 pm »

It's always fun feeling helpless and worthless when in the middle of a group of people you care about who are achieving the things you wanted for yourself in life.

Don't worry, you always have us to come back to. I ain't achieved shit, and I'm going downhill.
No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • The Dude abides.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117092 on: December 03, 2019, 07:49:38 pm »

This is cliched, but still. It's never too late to set new goals and start working towards achieving them.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117093 on: December 04, 2019, 03:48:49 am »

So... the stuff with the HSE freeze is getting delayed to January. No big surprise there I was skeptical about anything happening over Christmas.
I want to go back so bad ... 🤣

I think I've done all I can on that regard too, barring writing to my former boss (which would be a desperate move I'd rather avoid for the time being)
I recently became a objectivist, I am reasonably certain that means all my opinions are now universal fact.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
  • Cyber-Voodoo Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #117094 on: December 04, 2019, 01:17:29 pm »

So yesterday I went over to a friend because taking a day off is her failsafe way to guilt trip me into a sleepover because these sure aren't dates. I really can't blame her intent but do I hate to talk about work outside of it, especially when it doesn't pay well and tries it darn hardest to encroach on my personal life by giving me homework like books to read and stuff... So of course I wake up hungover because of all the coping with the shared bed situation, except that I learned that blackout me preferred to go sleep on the couch so I inflicted all that on my body and still failed miserably to at least be a warm sack of meat to another loner who somewhat cares.

So of course my true day off was spent sleeping till late in the afternoon to not have to deal with the side effects of the alcohol, when I woke up, it didn't take long for the phone to bother me, but I had just left the room as allways as somebody is calling me and so all I saw was a voicemail from an unknown phone number, in all likelyness work related. Ensued a long episode of me yelling at the phone because I couldn't skip voicemail setup to just listen to the stupid message. Great my voicemail box has now a password IDGAF. Then I tried to call back but to no avail. Have sat 3-4 hours waiting for them to call me again. Now I got the priviledge of going to work tomorrow, when I wasn't supposed to work tomorrow, so I can watch documentation to hopefully solve a problem I'm not qualified to because having me try a day is much cheaper than direcly employing professionals. In a way it's flattering and I know it's good for me to try challenges how'd'ya call these annoyances.

But I swear as soon as I dip a toe into adult life, there is this whirlwind of bullshit hurled at me that makes want to set up boundaries more draconian than the iron curtain. I haven't been there for two whole weeks and they allready found ways to make me come into work two more days than I should to keep the paste that is stipulated in my contract. Oh and in all that time there was no off day (except today) where I wasn't busy sorting out paperwork because the stupid location of my employment is a few meters past the german border.

Big yays

All I wanted was to pass the vacuum, cook something decent and stay up late instead I am physically anxious and paralyzed by frustration.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2019, 01:33:55 pm by dragdeler »

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #117095 on: December 04, 2019, 04:55:28 pm »

My back is all fucked up again. Since I can't exercise, clean the house, or really stand for too long until they do some more therapy on me, all I can do is sit and sometimes lay down. But hey, my TV-watching and game-playing is through the roof! Haha, I would have been so stoked like 18 years ago.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.
I make games

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #117096 on: December 04, 2019, 09:25:23 pm »

And how are yoy dude? Try to enjoy the time off. Have any interesting games play?
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm Just Skin And Bones
    • View Profile
« Reply #117097 on: December 04, 2019, 10:49:07 pm »

Read books.  This is the perfect chance to read and maybe do some blogging.

Maybe some light studying.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
I track my running!

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117098 on: December 04, 2019, 11:30:51 pm »

I am not so much "sad", as I am "Furiously enraged" right now.

Backstory--

Two months ago, I had to report to state about the unhygienic and unsafe living conditions my father was subjecting himself to, and his non-compliance with requests to either move in with a family member, or enter a long term care setting.

He had uncontrolled cellulitis then, due to his uncontrolled diabetes.

TWO GODDAMN MONTHS AGO.

Guess what news I get fucking today?

Oh yea-- Dad's going into the hospital to have BOTH his feet amputated.  Apparently because state fucking couldn't fucking be arsed to actually you know-- READ THEIR GODDAMN MANDATORY REPORTER'S REPORT, and FOLLOW UP.

IN TWO MONTHS.

This was completely avoidable!  His cellulitis could have been treated with intravenous antibiotics, and he could have gotten the care he needed in an LTC setting after state placement-- BUT FUCKING NO.

Words do not express the degree of rage I am experiencing right now.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117099 on: December 05, 2019, 03:14:51 am »

I mean I get where he is coming from, it's a rough bargain to go into LTC to get threatment. It makes sad to think that you had to write him up because he was in denial. I wonder though isn't he old enough for medicare? How does that work? Or y'all just living too far away from threatment for him to have some kind of agency in the matter?

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117100 on: December 05, 2019, 03:25:34 am »

Here's the thing.  You cant just put somebody into a nursing home; that's criminal abduction and illegal incarceration.  First, you have to make a state to the case that the person is not competent to care for themselves, then get a durable power of attorney, so that you can then legally make the decision for them and their well being.

Since the man has not had that declared on him, he was "in charge" of his own medical care and made his own care decisions.  However, as a care giver, I am a state mandated reporter.  If I see unsafe, unhygenic, or otherwise unsuitable living conditions, or signs of neglect (even self neglect) in an elderly person or a child, I am REQUIRED BY LAW to report it.

The normal protocol (that SHOULD have been followed, and why I am so goddamn furious!!) is that the state then sends a case worker to the residence and performs an investigation into neglect or abuse, and then makes a legal determination.  Considering the.... Grossly inadequate... conditions of his residence, they should have taken him into state medical custody and then started that process rolling.

Instead, those lazy assed mother fuckers decided to just do nothing.  (Why do I pay taxes again?) 

Since the man is over an hour drive (one way) away, I really cannot go check on him every damn day. Instead, I have siblings that live closer that ASSURED me that they would do so.  I heard nothing out of them after I filed the report with state, so I presumed all was well.

Nope.  Amputation this afternoon!

Jesus H Christ on a mother fucking pogostick.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2019, 03:27:21 am by wierd »

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117101 on: December 05, 2019, 11:08:52 am »

Spent the day trying to mend a webshop running on software that hasn't been updated since 2015 running on a pc old enough to have children. 6 hours later all I accomplished is to write two support tickets. I'm pretty confident that he well never be able to optimize the search function on his site if he refuses to fill out meta-data. So I try to word my support requests in a way that they must tell us that what we want to do won't be possible by giving clear reasons, instead of some half-assed referral to lacunary documentation. God their forum alone is pure cancer, if I have to read one more "that's obvious everything you need is inside this dead link" non-answer, I'm going to sprain my voice. Guess I'll be filling out 90 000 articles by hand; as if me or the devs were able to scrape together a script smart enough to pick stuff out of the dataset, and rewrite the most relevant parts, much like google does. Bet I'll doing 8/≥5 in no time while contributing a 100h/month contract to my retirement.

so I presumed all was well
classic rookie shit, we should know better, fuck you december 5th

YUCK IM SWEATING NERVOUSLY ALL DAY LONG like I'm phsysically dry but my hands are icky and I can smell my own fear make it stop oh gawd
« Last Edit: December 05, 2019, 11:13:57 am by dragdeler »

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117102 on: December 05, 2019, 11:13:37 am »

George Zimmerman.
No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117103 on: Today at 02:04:05 am »

My next surgery will probably not be my last on my long list of shit that I need fixed. After I get the screws in my spine replaced, I have to have my hip flexors looked at because my physical therapist thinks I may have torn them both at some point. Also, I'm drinking too much again, but that's what happens when you're in chronic pain with no meds.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting
Pages: 1 ... 7805 7806 [7807]