Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6686 6687 [6688] 6689 6690 ... 10984

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13190328 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #100305 on: April 09, 2016, 01:32:44 pm »

That is a good image, but could maybe do with less empty white space.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #100306 on: April 09, 2016, 01:46:21 pm »

School filters tend to be set to err on the sharp side of discrimination. No automated filter works well, it's mostly a matter of deciding what sort of stupidity you want to deal with.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #100307 on: April 09, 2016, 01:55:04 pm »

I don't understand how people can spend so much time in a phone call. I get uncomfortable even if I'm just going through some automated customer service thing, let alone talking to a real human being on the phone. I get so anxious and start pacing uncontrollably and can't think of what I'm trying to say or accomplish. How do people do it?
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #100308 on: April 09, 2016, 02:20:41 pm »

Is this a phone call with friend, or a phone call with (other people)?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100309 on: April 09, 2016, 02:26:30 pm »

You know, I've always discounted my Mom's paranoia about the police as her neurotic dysfunction, but just yesterday she shows me a gps tracking device that was apparently planted on her car. She's always been telling me that the police have been tailing her ever since her crash into a deer that knocked a cooler of alcohol all over the van, and I honestly didn't believe her, but now she shows me this and I'm like "What the actual fuck?".

Should I do something about this information?

What reason would they even have for putting a gps tracker on her car? What do they think she's doing? They have to have some kind of probable cause (to get a warrant) to do that, don't they?

Of course, anyone can buy a gps tracker, iirc.

In other news, http://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/other/millimeters-thick-metal-foam-armor-obliterates-incoming-bullets/ar-BBrudxJ?ocid=ansmsnlife11
Slow motion video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWmFu-_54fI

<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100310 on: April 09, 2016, 04:09:07 pm »

Oh my god it's adorable and I love it.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100311 on: April 09, 2016, 04:45:16 pm »

I can point out several people at work that need either an immediate and total attitude adjustment or to find work elsewhere. One is a guy who just constantly acts like he's in a frat club, constantly horsing around, disrupting other people's work in the process. He was reported by another coworker and immediately pulled into the manager's office for a talk, and immediately after coming he was whining like he was the victim there. The other is a girl who think's she's still in high school or something, constantly talking shit about other people, paying zero attention to her job(which, unlike most people for some reason, is solely pricing product) then whining when I send back the inevitable mistakes. More and more she's been making some rather sexist comments, and that's something I have zero tolerance for.

This is starting to get to the point where I'm going to tell the management that it's either them or me, and they have plenty of reason to fire them.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #100312 on: April 09, 2016, 06:22:43 pm »

why are there birds singing outside

its two hours after midnight they shouldn't sing at this time
._.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #100313 on: April 09, 2016, 06:27:53 pm »

It's the weekend mate, the birds are always- oh you mean actual birds? Oh.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #100314 on: April 09, 2016, 06:35:15 pm »

I can point out several people at work that need either an immediate and total attitude adjustment or to find work elsewhere. One is a guy who just constantly acts like he's in a frat club, constantly horsing around, disrupting other people's work in the process. He was reported by another coworker and immediately pulled into the manager's office for a talk, and immediately after coming he was whining like he was the victim there. The other is a girl who think's she's still in high school or something, constantly talking shit about other people, paying zero attention to her job(which, unlike most people for some reason, is solely pricing product) then whining when I send back the inevitable mistakes. More and more she's been making some rather sexist comments, and that's something I have zero tolerance for.

This is starting to get to the point where I'm going to tell the management that it's either them or me, and they have plenty of reason to fire them.
Unfortunately, you give them a whopping great big reason to fire you if you go complain. Somethingsomething "causes trouble." You know? :/
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #100315 on: April 09, 2016, 06:42:24 pm »

It's because due to the various noises from cars and city in general, birds have adapted to do things like mating calls between midnight and dawn. At least, this is what remember from a biologist's explanation for this I heard earlier this year.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100316 on: April 09, 2016, 06:44:49 pm »

Unfortunately, you give them a whopping great big reason to fire you if you go complain. Somethingsomething "causes trouble." You know? :/

Anonymous complaint!
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100317 on: April 09, 2016, 11:01:21 pm »

Hahahaha.
Our search for a new housemate is off to an auspicious start. One guy apparently missed my friend's message saying 5 PM and showed up to look at the room at 11 AM instead, when of course everyone was asleep. The dude waited around outside for an hour, according to him. I guess he didn't want to ring the doorbell... or maybe he did, and everyone was too deeply asleep. Wouldn't surprise me.

Now, as my friend and I were doing some last-minute cleaning before people start showing up (the next one is under an hour away), his cat came in from outside and blew chunks all over the rug in the loungeroom. Soggy catfood (and the accompanying smell) everywhere.

I'll leave him to sort that out. Right now I want to make myself presentable if I have to meet these people.
Also I need to check out the advertisement he put up so I can criticise his spelling and grammar if necessary...
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #100318 on: April 09, 2016, 11:17:14 pm »

i just looked at my limitation to 3 for fraymotifs, thought "why" and raised it to 8

186,177,155,380,404,771 fraymotifs? sure why not

actually, just kidding, really it's more like 1,283,918,464,548,864.

And that's a Borderlands-level audacious lie, too, it's going to be modifiers for the most part. In terms of actual effects and such, there's only going to be 144. The big number assumes I can get the modifiers working, too, or else I'll have to just go with the 144.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #100319 on: April 10, 2016, 03:28:54 am »

You are insane, which makes you a good modder, I think.
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.
Pages: 1 ... 6686 6687 [6688] 6689 6690 ... 10984