Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6982 6983 [6984] 6985 6986 ... 10984

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13196353 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #104745 on: June 23, 2016, 12:42:00 am »

Yup, that's WTFery all right.
The vaguely fun part is that the pattern is... basically continuing. Hundred or so days into the game, my party now consists of three war ponies (Saytheeneigh died in an unfortunate portal accident), a wood elf (Named useless, 'cause he kinda' is. Got him through a random draw type thing.), one magical cat, and a just acquired dire badger.

... because of the sorta' strange way the game handles character progression, all of those except the badger now have natural armor equivalent to plate mail. Most of them have low light vision if they didn't start with it, they all have spell resistance, and Cud has a level in aristocrat. The way this game's set up makes for some weird situations. I'm hoping I eventually manage to get my city to roll dragonsbreath again. Then my pony pain train can start shooting elemental beams of death at everything instead of just trampling them all into a fine paste.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #104746 on: June 23, 2016, 12:50:01 am »

If that's your goal, you completely missed the mark. It directly challenges attitude while simultaneously seeming utterly dismissive.
Well, I'm going to be dismissed ASAP anyway regardless of what I say, this way it's at least entertaining at the start. Nobody enters an argument prepared to change their view, they enter one to defend it. You see my point?

Then stay out of it instead of shitposting.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #104747 on: June 23, 2016, 01:01:29 am »

If that's your goal, you completely missed the mark. It directly challenges attitude while simultaneously seeming utterly dismissive.
Well, I'm going to be dismissed ASAP anyway regardless of what I say, this way it's at least entertaining at the start. Nobody enters an argument prepared to change their view, they enter one to defend it. You see my point?

Despite complaining about being dismissed, you dismissed me right here. Let's approach this empathetically. "Why should I pay heed to you not wanting to be dismissed when you're willing to casually dismiss my entire point? Why impose a restriction on myself that you explicitly won't follow?"

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #104748 on: June 23, 2016, 01:02:13 am »

Putnam, I find it interesting how you still manage to insult someone who isn't disagreeing with your opinions on things. I'll just assume the Youtube hero worship has gotten into your ego.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104749 on: June 23, 2016, 01:07:36 am »

....Well that just happened.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104750 on: June 23, 2016, 01:36:18 am »

Trying to view the rail network map for trains in this city and their official website makes me view it as a fucking PDF.
Christ on a bike. Is it really too hard for them to put an image on a page? Goddamn. I guess I'll just screencap it once it loads for future use.

Did a Google search first, but all the resulting maps seemed to be titled "fantasy rail map" or "predicted future rail map" so I didn't trust 'em.
Weird.

Also, Cinder, that was brutal. Nice.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #104751 on: June 23, 2016, 01:42:10 am »

11/11 roasting
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #104752 on: June 23, 2016, 01:43:27 am »

Despite complaining about being dismissed, you dismissed me right here. Let's approach this empathetically. "Why should I pay heed to you not wanting to be dismissed when you're willing to casually dismiss my entire point? Why impose a restriction on myself that you explicitly won't follow?"

I'm not dismissing your point, just the way you present it, which is by spamming gigantic images apropos of nothing that mean to make people out into some caricature partially in an attempt to derail the conversation, which is basically my main working definition of "shitpost" at this point.

Putnam, I find it interesting how you still manage to insult someone who isn't disagreeing with your opinions on things. I'll just assume the Youtube hero worship has gotten into your ego.

No, more like being in a particularly shitposty chat the last few days has finally gotten on my nerves.

(there isn't any youtube hero worship lol like 80% of the comments there are people telling me i'm wrong, mostly erroneously)

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #104753 on: June 23, 2016, 01:46:36 am »

Nobody enters an argument prepared to change their view
I do! Occasionally.
._.

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104754 on: June 23, 2016, 01:47:50 am »

Nobody enters an argument prepared to change their view
But sometimes it happens.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #104755 on: June 23, 2016, 02:03:11 am »

I'm not dismissing your point, just the way you present it, which is by spamming gigantic images apropos of nothing that mean to make people out into some caricature partially in an attempt to derail the conversation, which is basically my main working definition of "shitpost" at this point.
You started something by taking the opportunity of someone mentioning a community to crap on the community because you don't like it, the opportunity being someone complaining about the speed of something getting derailed, of all things, just to complain about a community you don't like. Why are you even so obsessed with KiA? It's just hard for me to take seriously, how comical that situation was. Stop being so serious about things, because I'm pretty jovial about this myself :/. Also, there's no shame in derailing a derail.

I personally think this was a bit much, but this is amusing nontheless.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #104756 on: June 23, 2016, 02:07:46 am »

...i've already explained that the post i was replying to was literally linking to KiA and expressing confusion over a conversation there becoming politics

i was saying that that happened because that always happens at KiA

it was perfectly on topic because i was replying to a post expressing a WTF at KiA becoming the standard trump supporter transphobe circlejerk it always is

and it's okay to hate that place and be serious about it because they're actually HEY GUESS WHAT WHEN I SAID /POL/ EARLIER THAT'S BECAUSE I WAS REFRAINING FROM SAYING "KIA" BECAUSE THAT WOULD'VE CAUSED A DERAIL IT'S EXACTLY THE SAME EXCEPT KIA IS ACTUALLY SERIOUS ABOUT THINKING THAT TRANSGENDER PEOPLE ARE THE BIGGEST THREAT FACING CULTURE TODAY

Stop being so serious about things, because I'm pretty jovial about this myself :/.

I'll just assume the Youtube hero worship has gotten into your ego.

Also, Cinder, that was brutal. Nice.

11/11 roasting

hard to be jovial when you have an entire forum dogpiling on you for complaining about imagespam
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 02:13:08 am by Putnam »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104757 on: June 23, 2016, 02:13:17 am »

Hey, I for one am not pro-imagespam, that shit annoys me as well.
That was just a masterful burn that deserved praise for its ruthlessness.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #104758 on: June 23, 2016, 02:14:07 am »

I've already known how bad my ego is for years, no need to bring it into an actually unrelated conversation, jfc

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #104759 on: June 23, 2016, 02:21:38 am »

This thread made me wtf today.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 6982 6983 [6984] 6985 6986 ... 10984