Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6985 6986 [6987] 6988 6989 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13163689 times)

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #104790 on: June 23, 2016, 08:22:11 am »

Because sometimes religions go political.
They didn't but looks like the party wants to kill it with fire just to be sure.
Foreign observers have attempted to explain the Party's rationale for banning Falun Gong as stemming from a variety of factors. These include Falun Gong's popularity, China's history of quasi-religious movements which turned into violent insurrections, its independence from the state and refusal to toe the party line, internal power politics within the Communist Party, and Falun Gong's moral and spiritual content, which put it at odds with aspects of the official Marxist ideology.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #104791 on: June 23, 2016, 08:34:39 am »

I mean at the heart of everything, every community mentioned is dumb, every point mentioned is dumb, this conversation is dumb, but the difference is that you dwell on it, whereas I just pop a can of Coca-Cola and listen to Roundabout by Yes while I wander the forums.

That's funny, because to me it looked just like you started a pages long argument over it. Maybe that's just what a can opening sounds like where you're from.
Love, scriver~

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #104792 on: June 23, 2016, 08:53:23 am »

Also, yes, snark, beer, and gadfly kiwi are the entire forum, clearly.

Goal.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #104793 on: June 23, 2016, 08:54:49 am »

I mean at the heart of everything, every community mentioned is dumb, every point mentioned is dumb, this conversation is dumb, but the difference is that you dwell on it, whereas I just pop a can of Coca-Cola and listen to Roundabout by Yes while I wander the forums.

That's funny, because to me it looked just like you started a pages long argument over it. Maybe that's just what a can opening sounds like where you're from.
So what's the point of this post besides deliberately attempting to start another argument?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #104794 on: June 23, 2016, 08:58:51 am »

So what's the point of this post besides deliberately attempting to start another argument?
Sometimes a tone of sarcasm comes from others seeing a situation that could be resolved if arguing stopped with conceding and working with each other. It's generally not intended, but an afterthought from...what is seen.

So...let's not keep pointing fingers and assigning actions to other folks here. It's all the better that way.

Recently got a PM about someone who saw me on DA. Thanks dude! You know who you are! :3
But wow, that was a huge surprise in adding to my list of 'webcomics of a nice theme'! Thank you!

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104795 on: June 23, 2016, 09:12:12 am »

Sometimes a tone of sarcasm comes from others seeing a situation that could be resolved if arguing stopped with conceding and working with each other. It's generally not intended, but an afterthought from...what is seen.
I'm not understanding your point here. I'd be surprised if anyone could interpret that post and tone in any way other than being snarky for the sake of starting something with me, because that's what I see it as.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104796 on: June 23, 2016, 09:25:23 am »

I'm not understanding your point here. I'd be surprised if anyone could interpret that post and tone in any way other than being snarky for the sake of starting something with me, because that's what I see it as.
Also adhering to the "nobody enters an argument to change their point of view" point too!

I think they were saying you are a hypocrite, since you did continue a rather pointless argument for several pages while supposedly not really caring about it.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104797 on: June 23, 2016, 09:34:05 am »

Also adhering to the "nobody enters an argument to change their point of view" point too!

I think they were saying you are a hypocrite, since you did continue a rather pointless argument for several pages while supposedly not really caring about it.
I was hoping that Putnam would come to the "this is pointless" conclusion if I gave him time, which us why I kept going. I expected a much shorter argument.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104798 on: June 23, 2016, 09:36:48 am »

This is why i love forums.
You link/post something and you can enjoy the ripple effects.
It's like the poverty version of watching the world burn while deluding yourself you had a hand in kindling the fire.

Also there is a difference between answering others poking you and actually caring about their Issues.

Also WTF of today.
Polish movie posters.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 09:44:41 am by Sonlirain »
Self promotion below.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104799 on: June 23, 2016, 09:41:35 am »

buzzfeed
Why is that site still alive?

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #104800 on: June 23, 2016, 09:42:07 am »

Clickhole master race.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104801 on: June 23, 2016, 09:43:30 am »

I was hoping that Putnam would come to the "this is pointless" conclusion if I gave him time, which us why I kept going. I expected a much shorter argument.

Putnam doesn't do that. There was an argument over the word "cringe" recently, and despite multiple people (and a dictionary definition) telling him "I don't think that word means what you think it means", dude still insisted he was correct.

Also there is a difference between answering others poking you and actually caring about their Issues.

Both involve a tit-for-tat back and forth, so not really.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104802 on: June 23, 2016, 09:45:23 am »

Putnam doesn't do that. There was an argument over the word "cringe" recently, and despite multiple people (and a dictionary definition) telling him "I don't think that word means what you think it means", dude still insisted he was correct.
Doesn't hurt to have hope.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104803 on: June 23, 2016, 09:46:16 am »

Self promotion below.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Pages: 1 ... 6985 6986 [6987] 6988 6989 ... 10983