Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7009 7010 [7011] 7012 7013 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13179722 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #105150 on: June 29, 2016, 09:41:28 pm »

See, I kinda bite the sides of my tongue with my molars (I had all my pre-molars removed for braces so I've got spaces to slip my tongue into) and turn the tip back on itself behind me teeth, after which gentle blowing produces whistles.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #105151 on: June 29, 2016, 09:45:37 pm »

But what can we do to make both tongues be the same?
Join tongues (;

I've never managed to whistle in my life ):
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #105152 on: June 29, 2016, 09:51:40 pm »

I did not know what to make my first post... until I saw an ad on youtube don't know what they were selling but then they started kissing a TV.
wut?
That's a pretty decent first post, little lunatic. You'll go far.
It's a better first post than gelding cats, I suppose. :P
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #105153 on: June 29, 2016, 09:53:33 pm »

... I actually pretty regularly whistle for, like. 15-20 minute stretches. More or less no breaks. Keeping the whistle going and on point on the inhale is somewhat more difficult, but possible, and once you get the trick of it it's how you keep time with not just entire songs, but entire sequences of them, including fairly complicated instrumentals. Fun stuff!

Not something I do around other people much, but for solo drives or when folks are out of the house, it's nice.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #105154 on: June 29, 2016, 09:59:35 pm »

;_;
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #105155 on: June 29, 2016, 10:03:42 pm »

... I actually pretty regularly whistle for, like. 15-20 minute stretches. More or less no breaks. Keeping the whistle going and on point on the inhale is somewhat more difficult, but possible, and once you get the trick of it it's how you keep time with not just entire songs, but entire sequences of them, including fairly complicated instrumentals. Fun stuff!
I can "cheat" somewhat while whistling in that I can whistle while inhaling air, as well as exhaling. So it's mostly about how long I can keep it up until I get tired.

See, I kinda bite the sides of my tongue with my molars (I had all my pre-molars removed for braces so I've got spaces to slip my tongue into) and turn the tip back on itself behind me teeth, after which gentle blowing produces whistles.
Bah, why remove teeth. I still got all my wisdom teeth (they came out perfectly, but earlier this month one decided to tilt outwards a bit, ruining my bragging), even if my tongue is a mess of scar tissue.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #105156 on: June 29, 2016, 10:06:42 pm »

I can't whistle either but what I can do are these pseudo-whistles. Basically it's sharp noise produced by blowing in the mouth, but it lacks the "melody" of proper whistles. It just sounds like annoying wind. Once in a blue moon, I might get half a second of proper whistling but I can't seem to do it consistently.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #105157 on: June 29, 2016, 10:09:42 pm »

I can "cheat" somewhat while whistling in that I can whistle while inhaling air, as well as exhaling. So it's mostly about how long I can keep it up until I get tired.

I do this. It's fun heh. Trying to figure out how to do it while tongue whistling.

I was making crappy bird-like whistles which is why my wife asked me how to do it and I was stumped.

Bah, why remove teeth. I still got all my wisdom teeth (they came out perfectly, but earlier this month one decided to tilt outwards a bit, ruining my bragging), even if my tongue is a mess of scar tissue.

Pfft, I have three wisdom teeth. The lower left one has kinda knackered my gum a bit ( in that it doesn't quite go to the tooth so there's a noticeable gap) but for some reason, the last wisdom tooth either doesn't exist or isn't coming in. Oh well.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #105158 on: June 29, 2016, 10:47:15 pm »

Goodness I LOVE the Panflute

More games need to have the Panflute.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #105159 on: June 29, 2016, 10:54:27 pm »

Yes
She/they

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #105160 on: June 29, 2016, 10:57:52 pm »

I did not know what to make my first post... until I saw an ad on youtube don't know what they were selling but then they started kissing a TV.
wut?
That's a pretty decent first post, little lunatic. You'll go far.
Welcome!

Yes
As an inveterate musician, I wholly support this.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #105161 on: June 29, 2016, 11:41:49 pm »

TIL that I can whistle while inhaling.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #105162 on: June 29, 2016, 11:49:59 pm »

TIL that I can whistle while inhaling.
This is actually supposedly the only way my brother can whistle. For some reason he also can't alter the pitch of his whistle, so he makes up for it by whistling a single, sharp note continuously for as long as he can in a way which is wicked annoying.

I used to only be able to whistle extremely quietly, but after having plenty of practice whistling with my birbs I've learned to whistle more like a normal person.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #105163 on: June 29, 2016, 11:51:25 pm »

Yes
no

have you ever played The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks?

panflutes in video games sound fun but are incredibly frustrating in practice
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #105164 on: June 30, 2016, 12:00:03 am »

Only when they don't alternate between lasers and missiles.

... okay, not going to lie. Now I kinda' want to see something with that as a feature. Play panflute peripheral, get danmaku blast.

Also, autocorrect is trying to turn danmaku into "Santa's". What the hell.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 7009 7010 [7011] 7012 7013 ... 10983