Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7013 7014 [7015] 7016 7017 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13181211 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #105210 on: June 30, 2016, 05:01:17 pm »

you're committing the exact same sin the non-existent people you made up putting you into a non-existent category you made them making up make

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #105211 on: June 30, 2016, 05:16:48 pm »

'T ain't strawmanning. I made no claims about not being a hypocrite.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #105212 on: June 30, 2016, 08:15:22 pm »

So I am watching a let'splay of "Chase the Express" a Resident evil clone that takes place on this train

And this train is ridiculously dumb. Ok so this takes place in sort of a SLIGHTLY altered version of our world where this train exists. Now the fact that this is a two story, impossibly large train is not the issue.

The issue is that this train was built to be railed into highly contested warzones and pick up refugees and get them out of there. The train having a mobile command center and several tools as well.

HOWEVER! this Train also features several fully loaded missile launchers... and is on a rail that goes throughout Europe (from Russia to France).

The Airforce 1 doesn't get guns... but this Train gets Missile launchers?

And seriously why doesn't anyone take out the track?

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #105213 on: June 30, 2016, 08:27:58 pm »

Geneva.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #105214 on: June 30, 2016, 08:32:23 pm »

Seems legit enough as far as bizarro alternate universes go since armored trains are pretty real.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
So they just upscaled so the play area is more than 20 square meters it and replaced WW2 cannon turrets with more modern stuff.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #105215 on: June 30, 2016, 08:36:52 pm »

So I am watching a let'splay of "Chase the Express" a Resident evil clone that takes place on this train

And this train is ridiculously dumb. Ok so this takes place in sort of a SLIGHTLY altered version of our world where this train exists. Now the fact that this is a two story, impossibly large train is not the issue.

The issue is that this train was built to be railed into highly contested warzones and pick up refugees and get them out of there. The train having a mobile command center and several tools as well.

HOWEVER! this Train also features several fully loaded missile launchers... and is on a rail that goes throughout Europe (from Russia to France).

The Airforce 1 doesn't get guns... but this Train gets Missile launchers?

And seriously why doesn't anyone take out the track?

Wow. I didn't know the original title for that game was so bland. The US title (Covert Ops: Nuclear Dawn) was so much better.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #105216 on: June 30, 2016, 09:03:21 pm »

I think Bioshock Infinite is the only game I ever played where the characters and plot are so stupid that I couldn't stand to play it even though the gameplay was fine.

It just constantly forces its dumb in your face every single moment and never relents. It has a serious style over substance problem where things LOOK fine but are stupid if you think about it even slightly.

It would be tied with Broken Sword 3 if its gameplay wasn't worse then the story.

Has anyone had a game like this? Gameplay is actually fine, but the story is actually so bad that it can make you stop playing?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #105217 on: June 30, 2016, 09:05:09 pm »

Assassin's Creed 3, though I did finish it.

Mostly it was the last 4 missions where the story went from "okay this is bad but bearable" to "omg how did they fuck this up so badly"
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #105218 on: June 30, 2016, 09:07:08 pm »

After the last cutscene of AC2, I was gone from the series.

Until Black Flag, which I enjoyed immensely.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #105219 on: June 30, 2016, 09:44:24 pm »

Black Flag would have been better if it wasn't an AssCreed game.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #105220 on: June 30, 2016, 09:47:32 pm »

Black Flag would have been better if it wasn't an AssCreed game.

+1

More specifically, not written by whatever useless bastards Ubisoft hire to write their stories.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #105221 on: June 30, 2016, 11:43:10 pm »

Remove the whole fucking story, just give us a game about pirates who occasionally climb trees and run on rooftops.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #105222 on: July 01, 2016, 12:34:34 am »

Assassin's Creed 3, though I did finish it.

Mostly it was the last 4 missions where the story went from "okay this is bad but bearable" to "omg how did they fuck this up so badly"
Giant open world game made in a year and written by committee.

Assassin's Creed would have gotten stale much more slowly if their development schedule were more Elder Scrolls and less Mario Party.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #105223 on: July 01, 2016, 02:42:53 am »

The last one... wasn't terrible. It was a bland mass of all the other asscreedgames, set in London, with mediocre everything and a side of grappling.
One wheel short of a wagon

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #105224 on: July 01, 2016, 02:50:40 am »

I think we in the biz call that terrible.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Pages: 1 ... 7013 7014 [7015] 7016 7017 ... 10983