Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7043 7044 [7045] 7046 7047 ... 10984

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13196412 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #105660 on: July 09, 2016, 01:34:01 pm »

Cold is better than hot because it's easier to warm up than to keep cool.

... tbh as far as weather goes, I favor the one in my home region. It's very wet, and very fresh, for the most part. Although right now I'm residing in a particularily deep-in-the-mountains town in my home region, and oddly enough, despite it not being hot at all (we were like... 16º) it was way too humid. I have to walk up a hill to get to work (for some reason the hospital is placed on top of a hill, yes. Then again considering the local orography the choices for building stuff are either "top of a hill", or "river"), and by the time I had arrived, I was suffocating.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #105661 on: July 09, 2016, 01:52:19 pm »

Summer

Also, it's 7 a.m. and I forgot to go to sleep.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #105662 on: July 09, 2016, 01:57:59 pm »

weather is totally evil

fromtwoplanes

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #105663 on: July 09, 2016, 02:02:48 pm »

"surely it must be a high-tech alien ra-nope its just Obama"-Dream brain
there was also a multi-colored blob of limbs... I think my wut-o-meter is broken now.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #105664 on: July 09, 2016, 03:06:22 pm »

Today i learned that a computer animated cartoon called "Jay Jay the Jet Plane" exists and was most likely made by Satan.

Spoiler: Oh (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: My (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: God (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: WTF (click to show/hide)
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #105665 on: July 09, 2016, 03:09:18 pm »

Today i learned that a computer animated cartoon called "Jay Jay the Jet Plane" exists and was most likely made by Satan.

Spoiler: Oh (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: My (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: God (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: WTF (click to show/hide)
I vaguely remember watching that when I was younger.
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #105666 on: July 09, 2016, 03:10:14 pm »

I remember the intro being catchy to 4-5 year old me, but I thought the show itself was creepy and would change the channel afterward.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #105667 on: July 09, 2016, 03:14:41 pm »

It's like Thomas the Tank Engine except visually horrifying instead of just having really creepy plots.
Like walling up Henry for disobedience.  Fortunately, he's freed...  *in a future episode* apparently.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #105668 on: July 09, 2016, 03:17:14 pm »

I remember seeing Budgie the little helicopter when i was young and it even had a somewhat similar design but it was nowhere near as creepy.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also Thomas while weird was nowhere near as straight up terrifying.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #105669 on: July 09, 2016, 03:20:25 pm »

It adds that plastic CGI uncanny valleyness onto everything already weird about vehicles with faces.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #105670 on: July 09, 2016, 03:37:49 pm »

I think that's what Azathoth would look like if he dropped the whole "non-Euclidean geometry" shtick
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #105671 on: July 09, 2016, 03:42:23 pm »

Spoiler: the Boobahs (click to show/hide)
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #105672 on: July 09, 2016, 04:47:01 pm »

The boss demanded that we stay until the work was done. I was still being handed stuff to work right up to 4:30(when I normally get off). I stayed about 10 minutes working at a breakneck pace before deciding "screw this, I'm leaving". Most everyone else had left. He was yelling at us about not being able to make the weight quota for the first time in a year(probably bullshit, since I've been working here for that entire year), despite the fact that the reason for that was a decision he himself made in an attempt to make sure we were done by 4:30(which, obviously, did not work). Mind you, this entire week was not only a day shorter(due to holiday), and the entire crew has been ravaged by disease. He's lucky I came in today, I barely made it out of bed.

Then again, my flu has drastically improved over the course of the day, I've just been too damned tired to appreciate it.

Spoiler: the Boobahs (click to show/hide)
I can totally see the shape of boobs on that. Disturbing, twisted, evil multicolored boobs.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #105673 on: July 09, 2016, 04:58:19 pm »

What is wrong with my phone/the Kindle app update, I cannot menu.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #105674 on: July 09, 2016, 06:27:16 pm »

UUUUUGH!!!

You ever get the idea that people like to just target people for "Pop culture" no matter how little it makes sense and force it to be an issue all for attention?

Neonivek: "WAAAAAAAAAH! People more popular then me are being looked toward as experts in a field even if they don't know anything. Why can't I be popular and a respected know nothing expert?"

Edit: Lets actually remove this. Don't want fights.

---

Also why does the Social Sciences keep producing PHD idiots?

It is supposed to be a science not a pseudoscience and yet the more I look into it the more I find out that a lot of the time you can become a renown social scientist through pure conjecture and speculation making it at best a semi-pseudoscience.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2016, 06:55:44 pm by Neonivek »
Pages: 1 ... 7043 7044 [7045] 7046 7047 ... 10984