Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7095 7096 [7097] 7098 7099 ... 10984

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13190377 times)

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #106440 on: July 22, 2016, 06:48:29 pm »

WHAT
HOW

By starting with the early books. Or some of the later ones, really. Discworld[Which is my primary Pratchett baseline here] has its ups and downs. First few books are meh, then they get better and better and then things start to get worse near the end. To be honest, the only reason I read the next book after the Colour of Magic was because I'd already read better Pratchetts and had faith in the author.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #106441 on: July 22, 2016, 06:55:00 pm »

To me the contrary happened. For the most part I liked Pratchett less as the books went on...
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #106443 on: July 22, 2016, 07:30:34 pm »

So the FCC responded and sounded rather unpromising regarding the loudness of that fucking krave commercial, dunno what is going on there, but I noticed Kellogg's has a contact form, so I've been writing them every time I see the commercial 10+ times in a day (I can generally tell from the throbbing in my skull) and explaining my issue.

You know that scene in V for Vendetta when she finds the letter in her cell? "Though I do not know you, I love you" and all?

Yeah, this is basically the opposite of that, though I do not know them, I hate them, I hate them with the pure sort of hatred that can only develop over a sustained period of weeks and months of torment. I attach the same image to each one, this with the filename EatShitKelloggs.jpg.

Where does the "wtf" come in?

I got a response thanking me for my feedback.

It just came on again for the second time in the last hour, or was it the third time? I doubt it'll do anything, but what the hell, they spent the time to make the piece of shit, shopped it out to networks, and got networks to spam repeat it... I may as well take a minute out of my day to let them know I wish they would get eaten by lions, or get asshole cancer, maybe they'll point me in a direction to get that shit off the air!

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #106445 on: July 22, 2016, 07:42:28 pm »

Do people normally die from rape?
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #106446 on: July 22, 2016, 08:07:56 pm »

Its just that, typically, some people will try to garner further sympathy by using exaggerations.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106447 on: July 22, 2016, 08:16:03 pm »

Do people normally die from rape?
its a purely psychological thing. it has different connotations than victim and its been found its easier to get information and improves the mental health when the term survivor is used. its not just some random stupid thing its actually an important thing.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106448 on: July 22, 2016, 08:18:11 pm »

Nope.  its the same horse as using words like homophobe.

As in, comparing a disdain/discomfort/dislike/repression whathaveyou with clinical, chronic, and life-interrupting fear of something

Its using words that have meanings out of the scope of the context to appeal to the public opinion
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #106449 on: July 22, 2016, 08:32:30 pm »

As in, comparing a disdain/discomfort/dislike/repression whathaveyou with clinical, chronic, and life-interrupting fear of something

Its using words that have meanings out of the scope of the context to appeal to the public opinion

Or it could be for the benefit of the survivor, as that's something infinitely better to identify as than victim.

No need to be quite so cynical.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #106450 on: July 22, 2016, 08:34:06 pm »

I wonder how different your tone would be if you were raped.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106451 on: July 22, 2016, 08:56:18 pm »

Righ

Or it could be for the benefit of the survivor, as that's something infinitely better to identify as than victim.

Its not benefitting anyone though.  Traumatic situations are traumatic, but we just had a conversation about why we couldnt 'science the fuck out of our problems' and here we are misappropriating words for the benefit of an agenda.
PKs DF Mod!

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106452 on: July 22, 2016, 08:56:27 pm »

So, left out two jars of sun tea a tad too long and now they are foaming. Which is strange.

So, anyone know if I could have made booze with naught but sugar, water, two tea bags, a pickle jar and the sun in only two days? Because thats what I think may have happened.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106453 on: July 22, 2016, 08:58:03 pm »

Righ

Its not benefitting anyone though.  Traumatic situations are traumatic, but we just had a conversation about why we couldnt 'science the fuck out of our problems' and here we are misappropriating words for the benefit of an agenda.
but the word does in fact benefit them. that's why its used. this is backed up by psychology so stop arguing it.

Edmus

• Bay Watcher
  • Powerful toasting since 1893!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106454 on: July 22, 2016, 08:58:40 pm »

Looking at the dictionary definitions on which your case rests, survivor is a pretty good term for someone subjected to rape.
It's broader than simply "could have died but didn't."
Pages: 1 ... 7095 7096 [7097] 7098 7099 ... 10984