Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7106 7107 [7108] 7109 7110 ... 10979

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13130357 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #106605 on: July 25, 2016, 06:59:20 am »

You're a little late to the party, Neo. Other M was quite extensively scorned when it came out for aforementioned butchering of Samus' character.

Not quite what I meant. I was talking about how I am surprised that Other M isn't as unique as I though it was. Rather it is a small trend that extents outside that particular series.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #106606 on: July 25, 2016, 07:22:08 am »

Soooo, in a town around where I live, there's this old anti littering campaign that was going around with the placement of public trash cans in strategic places around the center of town and other streets, with little signs on them saying "adopt a trash can".

One of said trash cans with said sign was placed right in front of an orphanage.

lul
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #106607 on: July 25, 2016, 07:27:52 am »

You're a little late to the party, Neo. Other M was quite extensively scorned when it came out for aforementioned butchering of Samus' character.

Not quite what I meant. I was talking about how I am surprised that Other M isn't as unique as I though it was. Rather it is a small trend that extents outside that particular series.

Where? I mean yeah, there have been female characters in fiction that aren't sanguine badasses, duh. What examples did you have in mind for this, though? Shit, Wonder Woman went from being the JL's secretary to this.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106608 on: July 25, 2016, 07:43:44 am »

Is ~badassification~ a real trend for stablished female characters that get to appear in remake or new media in general nowadays? Like Flying Dice pointed out, wonder woman went from being a somewhat mild character to an undercover Xena thing. Rarely do things seem to go the other way, like Other M, altough Other M was shit anyways so who cares lol.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #106609 on: July 25, 2016, 08:46:26 am »

Let's be honest though, it never made sense for WW to be mild-mannered considering the culture she came from. Closer to DC's female Vegeta, one would think, only without all the genocide.

3. Run Resize Enable

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #106610 on: July 25, 2016, 08:55:44 am »

Or at least less genocide. Can't recall if the amazons indulged much, but they were a basically immortal warrior race that were kinda' known for murder and worshiped the greek gods. I'd be mildly surprised if WW hadn't helped wipe something or another out of existence at some point in her life.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106611 on: July 25, 2016, 08:58:02 am »

In many of the stories (I'm not sure what the main cannon is) the idea is that they've spent thousands of years cut off from the rest of the world, and wonderwoman was born (or sculpted from clay or sprung fully formed from her mothers forehead or whatever depending on the story) during that period of peace, so was never actually part of the "everyone is casually killing everyone else" period of human history.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #106612 on: July 25, 2016, 10:20:12 am »

True, but still, you're talking about growing up (chronologically/experientally) in an environment where literally everyone you know was and thinks that it was fine and dandy.

And I'm sure that there are fifty different goddamn canon origins because comic books.

3. Run Resize Enable

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #106613 on: July 25, 2016, 06:45:17 pm »

So anyone else see the ship design for the new Star Trek series?
Just saw the reveal of it and gotta say that it looks (and sounds thanks to the music they used) very *VERY* Klingon.

Now I'm wondering if this is gonna be a Mirror Universe thing or somesuch. Which I wouldn't mind personally

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqm9HSYbf0o
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106614 on: July 25, 2016, 06:47:55 pm »

This reminds me that there's no real movie to look foward to in this year for me anymore :v
After Fury Road, I don't think there's any reason to expect anything better either.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #106615 on: July 25, 2016, 06:49:16 pm »

This reminds me that there's no real movie to look foward to in this year for me anymore :v
After Fury Road, I don't think there's any reason to expect anything better either.

Fury Road was poop.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106616 on: July 25, 2016, 06:50:28 pm »

Ur head is poop.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #106617 on: July 25, 2016, 06:54:05 pm »

My day has been poop. My head is presently on the way to getting very drunk.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106618 on: July 25, 2016, 07:04:54 pm »

My day has been poop. My head is presently on the way to getting very drunk.
This might be relevant to this comment.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #106619 on: July 25, 2016, 08:08:58 pm »

So I finally got off my laziness and finished the audiobook of Alice in Wonderland.

:|  Im glad I had that experience.  The movies do it so little justice...

Now, Through the Looking Glass, otoh, Im not enjoying nearly as much.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 ... 7106 7107 [7108] 7109 7110 ... 10979