Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7108 7109 [7110] 7111 7112 ... 10984

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13196697 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #106635 on: July 26, 2016, 02:24:10 am »

STOP EVERYTHING.
Someone said they didn't like fury road.
I hated it personally, it's almost as though opinions are subjective.
If opinions were truly subjective, there wouldn't be any competitions.
Which there are. Which it won, because a panel of mandated-to-be-objective judges said it was the best.
So; Face.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #106636 on: July 26, 2016, 02:26:52 am »

I think my thirteen-year-old self would have loved it
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #106637 on: July 26, 2016, 02:36:55 am »

STOP EVERYTHING.
Someone said they didn't like fury road.
I hated it personally, it's almost as though opinions are subjective.
If opinions were truly subjective, there wouldn't be any competitions.
Which there are. Which it won, because a panel of mandated-to-be-objective judges said it was the best.
So; Face.
I almost replied to this suggesting that the judges were bribed before I noticed the mouse over text in the quote. Stupid phones. And I should point out that I usually agree with critics but in this case I just couldn't stand the movie.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #106638 on: July 26, 2016, 04:25:05 am »

fury road was pretty good tbh

nothing really beats mad max 2 though

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #106639 on: July 26, 2016, 05:04:57 am »

I don't think mine would have. I found it to be a movie that looked amazing and had a lot of very good concepts, but I didn't really find watching it satisfying or cathartic in any particular way. Weirdly enough it feels like a high art film to me, more aesthetic and weird than legitimately communicative, with limited payoffs to the setup (in that it felt more like a bunch of stuff that happened than a complete story). More of an El Topo than a Hot Fuzz kind of film, know what I mean?

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #106640 on: July 26, 2016, 05:06:37 am »

Thirteen-year-old me doesn't think that far into things. He sees explosions and is happy.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106641 on: July 26, 2016, 05:51:10 am »

I noticed the mouse over text in the quote.

Wow, that's the first time I'm ever seeing this tag.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #106642 on: July 26, 2016, 06:01:50 am »

Fury Road was probably the best action movie in years and years.
Love, scriver~

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106643 on: July 26, 2016, 06:15:33 am »

Yeah I'm not ashamed to admit that I saw explosions and was happy.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #106644 on: July 26, 2016, 06:49:19 am »

I don't think mine would have. I found it to be a movie that looked amazing and had a lot of very good concepts, but I didn't really find watching it satisfying or cathartic in any particular way. Weirdly enough it feels like a high art film to me, more aesthetic and weird than legitimately communicative, with limited payoffs to the setup (in that it felt more like a bunch of stuff that happened than a complete story). More of an El Topo than a Hot Fuzz kind of film, know what I mean?
Yeah, I can see that, more a bunch of scenes only vaguely related to each other than any kind of coherent narrative.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #106645 on: July 26, 2016, 07:23:33 am »

It does feel a bit high and artsy at times, ye, and honestly the first time I watched it I didn't like it so much other than it being a good action movie. But then I ended up watching the mad max 2/road warrior again, and I noticed that fury road didn't really deviate from what mad max is all about, and with the renewed knowledge about it, I watched fury road and just had a better time than the first time I watched it? I don't know, but it worked for me.

Like, I know people complain that the action scenes can get convoluted and the movie seems to be more about furiosa than max himself, but thats essentialy how mad max 2 and even thunderdome went about. You have this taciturn guy who's kind of more a living folk hero in the context of the story but that no character even knows about, who doesn't seem to care about anything and is barely even a human being, and through him you get to see how this world is like and how brutal it is, and due to his want for one thing or another he gets into trouble and then the movie is a lot more about the conflict and the other characters than max himself, but things only truly develop the way they do because of max's actions. Max was never a character unto himself, he's more like thing that the plot needs to be delivered and that becomes more and more important as the movie goes on.

Also it had good car chase action scenes which is kind of a rarity nowadays. And they also took the mad max aesthetic and took it to a whole new level without having it lose its identity, which is cool with me, since mad max was never supposed to be realistic. It feels like a post apoc fairy tale with good action bits, and I'm cool with that.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #106646 on: July 26, 2016, 08:32:02 am »

This ... somehow makes sense kinda? No gas needed means less money?
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106647 on: July 26, 2016, 08:50:12 am »

As a guy who's never mowed a lawn before, this looks like genius! I wonder what the drawbacks are?
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106648 on: July 26, 2016, 09:19:21 am »

Might be a rough ride, but I still think that's pretty genius. Looks like it might be hard to steer, though.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #106649 on: July 26, 2016, 09:34:29 am »

Looks ok, but it'd prob be annoying to turn. I'd prob be better to just have another set wheels in the back, maybe with a second set of blades?
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.
Pages: 1 ... 7108 7109 [7110] 7111 7112 ... 10984