Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7113 7114 [7115] 7116 7117 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13169603 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #106710 on: July 27, 2016, 08:32:26 pm »

Yes.  Introduce a new species to counteract the old.

Nothing could ever go wrong, right?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106711 on: July 27, 2016, 08:35:18 pm »

New Zealand's wildlife existed for millions of years in an isolated ecosystem and is completely unable to deal with these rodents. If the rats, stoats, ferrets, and possums are not controlled, they will wipe out the majority of the native wildlife. Most of which lives on small islands that already have been purged of pests.
hey, survival of the fittest.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #106712 on: July 27, 2016, 08:38:43 pm »

New Zealand's wildlife existed for millions of years in an isolated ecosystem and is completely unable to deal with these rodents. If the rats, stoats, ferrets, and possums are not controlled, they will wipe out the majority of the native wildlife. Most of which lives on small islands that already have been purged of pests.
Where the shit have you been?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106713 on: July 27, 2016, 08:55:07 pm »

Where the shit have you been?
AP exams, Finals, Freshmen Orientation, Working my but off.

You know, busy.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106714 on: July 27, 2016, 09:05:17 pm »

Getting on in life? Unacceptable.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #106715 on: July 27, 2016, 09:19:05 pm »

... y'know, there's that one game, but I don't think I've ever encountered a book that had a slime tech revolution as a plot point before the last day or so. Well, written work, whatever. But now I have. Medieval world being basically slowly uplifted by advances in slime breeding. Sanitation and material sciences advances, friggin' air conditioned carriages, buncha' other stuff, all by way of slime. It's a helluva' thing, and surprisingly stealthy about the greater cultural shifts going on despite the amount of focus the slimes get. Can't say I dislike it, but it's definitely a bit of a WTF.

The Man Picked up by the Gods is the title, by the by. Web novel that's working through the process of being translated into english. Quite possibly one of the least offensive massively overpowered MC works I've read in a while.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #106716 on: July 27, 2016, 09:26:38 pm »

The Man Picked up by the Gods is the title, by the by. Web novel that's working through the process of being translated into english. Quite possibly one of the least offensive massively overpowered MC works I've read in a while.
MC?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106717 on: July 27, 2016, 09:27:54 pm »

MC?

Main character, probably.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #106718 on: July 27, 2016, 09:28:27 pm »

Yeah.
Ask not!
Ask!

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106719 on: July 27, 2016, 09:39:03 pm »

My friends have work off today so I can hang out, but I'm too injured to.
It's like fate opened a window for me and then filled it with dick.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106720 on: July 27, 2016, 09:54:36 pm »

Apparently q-tips/cotton swabs aren't meant for cleaning your ears. I'm deaf in one ear now. I was told by my doctor to get olive oil, or any kind of oil, and pour it in my ear once a day, and I should get my hearing back in about a week.

I was always taught that you are supposed to clean your ears with swabs, but apparently they just push wax further up inside, and can cause some serious damage.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #106721 on: July 27, 2016, 09:56:37 pm »

... y'know, there's that one game, but I don't think I've ever encountered a book that had a slime tech revolution as a plot point before the last day or so. Well, written work, whatever. But now I have. Medieval world being basically slowly uplifted by advances in slime breeding. Sanitation and material sciences advances, friggin' air conditioned carriages, buncha' other stuff, all by way of slime. It's a helluva' thing, and surprisingly stealthy about the greater cultural shifts going on despite the amount of focus the slimes get. Can't say I dislike it, but it's definitely a bit of a WTF.

[The ellipsis continues asymptotically into infinity]

Edit: Huh, the forum automatically truncates massive ellipsis to three. Never knew that.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106722 on: July 27, 2016, 09:57:43 pm »

Apparently q-tips/cotton swabs aren't meant for cleaning your ears. I'm deaf in one ear now. I was told by my doctor to get olive oil, or any kind of oil, and pour it in my ear once a day, and I should get my hearing back in about a week.

I was always taught that you are supposed to clean your ears with swabs, but apparently they just push wax further up inside, and can cause some serious damage.

Yehp. Nothing sharper than yer elbow.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #106723 on: July 27, 2016, 10:00:32 pm »

My friends have work off today so I can hang out, but I'm too injured to.
It's like fate opened a window for me and then filled it with dick.
When life gives you dick I don't know where I'm going with this.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #106724 on: July 27, 2016, 10:01:14 pm »

Yeah, there's a reason the boxes they come in pretty much all say to not put the thing in your inner ear. I also didn't learn of this until fairly late in my life.

Outer parts are fairly okay, but... yeah.
Ask not!
Ask!
Pages: 1 ... 7113 7114 [7115] 7116 7117 ... 10983