Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7203 7204 [7205] 7206 7207 ... 10984

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13190280 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #108060 on: August 21, 2016, 01:07:54 am »

It is an immutable fact of the universe that I get at minimum, one nosebleed every two days, preferably more.
I got mine cauterized when I was about 12 for this very reason.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #108061 on: August 21, 2016, 01:23:42 am »

It is an immutable fact of the universe that I get at minimum, one nosebleed every two days, preferably more.
I got mine cauterized when I was about 12 for this very reason.
I suppose this explains why I have never gotten a nosebleed, even having been hit fairly hard in the face several times over the course of life.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108062 on: August 21, 2016, 01:25:45 am »

That sounds... well, abusive, honestly. Might want to keep child protection services or the police, or really just something on quick dial. Because I don't know, I'm hesitant to say anything because internet and for lack of details, but that situation doesn't sound at all sane or safe.

Just, stay safe. And best of wishes.
Indeed.

Stay safe.  :u
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #108063 on: August 21, 2016, 02:41:06 am »

so my day has been a thing

i went on a day trip to nashville thursday so i slept until 230 in the afternoon catching up on sleep. I went to work, planning to meet my roommate at the bars downtown and pick up my fake and have a glorious time. Unfortunately, i was at work until 2 am, while all the bars close at exactly that time. No biggy, of course, I call a friend of mine who had stayed sober and he was totally ok to come pick me up. When he finally gets downtown, I see another friend of mine in the truck w him. As they drive me home, she basically told me how her night had gone.

this is where the story gets very fucked up. To preface, she lives on one of the dorms on campus.

She had been sitting in her room about five minutes after having been dropped off by friend #1, when she heard banging on her door. Before she could get up, two drunk guys barge in and lock the door behind them. Now, she knew one of them (barely), and was obviously incredibly confused when he started shedding all of his clothes, all while drunkenly stammering & telling his friend to get out because she really wanted to have sex with him (she didn't). Two of their sober friends, thank god, kick open the door and drag them out while apologizing, but still, she was pretty shaken up by what happened.

This university isn't some community college! this is a very prestigious place to attend! But somehow this fuckabout managed to go to school and almost rape a girl while drunk his first week here.

This, obviously, is not something the university looks upon favorably. When she reports him, then he'll be expelled. Hopefully if he's really unlucky, someone older than him will find him and kick the everloving shit out of him. Either way, this is not a situation that's going to end well for him.

Anyway that's my night

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #108064 on: August 21, 2016, 02:48:29 am »

Re: nosebleeds: not sure if you know how to deal with 'em properly, shouldn't last longer than 20 minutes. Basically head forward, pinch the bit of your nose just below the bridge for that twenty minutes. You're not s'posed to blow your nose, but you may have a large clot to come out so yeah...

I usuallly get them when the inside of my nose dries up over a long period. A pain to deal with, though I do believe there is some type of moisturizer or whatever you can get for it.
Oh, I've gotten very good at dealing with them. They still happen.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108065 on: August 21, 2016, 04:34:12 am »

Drinkin' with my housemates.
For some reason this is much, much more enjoyable than interacting with them normally... it was even before I took a sip of beer.
Perhaps just the very idea of it, and having beer to offer, made me less stressed? I don't know. Weird.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #108066 on: August 21, 2016, 04:36:08 am »

Why do I keep doing this to myself, first I try to fly into the sun thanks to some silly posting about the skybox sun in NMS in Evochron, now I tried to fly into a gas giant.

That was actually scarier! Why did I do that so late!? ... Though I actually didn't blow up so there's that.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108067 on: August 21, 2016, 07:40:22 am »

My housemates are having an intense couple's argument and seem intent on dragging me into it.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #108068 on: August 21, 2016, 07:43:46 am »

I find that "Girls, girls, you're both pretty" almost universally defuses arguments like that. Either they realise it was a dumb argument, or they turn on you. Either way, original argument ended.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108069 on: August 21, 2016, 09:41:02 am »

My kidneys ache when I drink.

Also are the housemates actually a couple? 'cos that's an ironclad rule right there.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #108070 on: August 21, 2016, 09:44:57 am »

I find that "Girls, girls, you're both pretty" almost universally defuses arguments like that. Either they realise it was a dumb argument, or they turn on you. Either way, original argument ended.
I recall something my one of my classmates said in a humorous way when, and if, a statement can be put up to analysis. If it's towards gender, poke at the context; poke at it with the opposite to give it contrast: "Boys, boys, you're both handsome."
Of course it was said in jest but I can't help but picture it in that manner and see how weird recent history has been with turns of language and otherwise.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108071 on: August 21, 2016, 09:51:55 am »

I dunno I generally find the masculine derogatory version usually involves dick size.
Which also works great.

A context prod on that would be... boobs?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108072 on: August 21, 2016, 09:57:41 am »

You like to live dangerously, I see.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #108073 on: August 21, 2016, 02:13:02 pm »

Recently went on a residential course somewhere near Wales, with several people, some from my school.

We were divided into groups, and one group cooked every night. The person from my year and school in my group (who clung to me a little) was cooking with me.

We were given cabbages and leeks to cook. Both of these, once chopped, were to be put in colanders for washing, then cooked after seasoning.

The first colander, full of leek, was done by me. I washed it out and left it in the sink to drain. Immediately afterwards, the boy picks it up, water streaming from it, and carries it across the kitchen to put on the table where we were preparing everything else, oblivious of the long wet puddle he left behind him, or the water dripping down off the kitchen counter.

After I told him, as gently as I could, that sometimes we just leave colanders in the sink for a bit, he agreed and turned his attentions to washing out the cabbage. He then asked me if he should use washing up liquid. I was so disarmed by his surprising conviction that this was what it was for that I barely managed to stop him. We'd done the washing up, with washing up liquid, for the previous two meals.

The boy in question is sixteen, and as far as I'm aware, not diagnosed as mentally disabled.
One wheel short of a wagon

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #108074 on: August 21, 2016, 02:19:53 pm »

There are people who have never cooked at all in their lives. He was presumably among them.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.
Pages: 1 ... 7203 7204 [7205] 7206 7207 ... 10984