Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7287 7288 [7289] 7290 7291 ... 10984

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13204709 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #109320 on: September 15, 2016, 03:26:50 pm »

My glutes are sore. From pushups.

Maybe your body is unused to bridging? If they took a while to do it might make some sort of sense.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109321 on: September 15, 2016, 09:45:03 pm »

Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #109322 on: September 15, 2016, 09:59:04 pm »

uGGHGGU.

I want to play this damn game, Streets Of Rogue. It's in Alpha and it looks really, really fun. The alpha is free. However, for whatever reason, no matter how many redownloads I preform... It blackscreens.

Well. not quite. It blackscreens, but I am able to move my cursor. There is a floating red box in the corner, and the words 'new text' in the opposite. In fact...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #109323 on: September 15, 2016, 10:10:26 pm »

i just did some math and realized that power levels in the DBZ mod go 1000 orders of magnitude above what lua can actually handle

wait, lemme repeat that: 1000 orders of magnitude.

Its order of magnitude is an order of magnitude above the highest order of magnitude that Lua can handle.

God dammit.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #109324 on: September 15, 2016, 10:12:26 pm »

uGGHGGU.

I want to play this damn game, Streets Of Rogue. It's in Alpha and it looks really, really fun. The alpha is free. However, for whatever reason, no matter how many redownloads I preform... It blackscreens.

Well. not quite. It blackscreens, but I am able to move my cursor. There is a floating red box in the corner, and the words 'new text' in the opposite. In fact...

Too many genres.

Considering what it's named after, you would also hope brawler wasn't the fifth one listed.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109325 on: September 15, 2016, 10:13:14 pm »

i just did some math and realized that power levels in the DBZ mod go 1000 orders of magnitude above what lua can actually handle

Its order of magnitude is an order of magnitude above the highest order of magnitude that Lua can handle.

God dammit.
Waaaait.
What the flying skeletal carp are you even doing whyyyyyy
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #109326 on: September 15, 2016, 10:16:40 pm »

snip
Bloody hell. Was there no way you could have put the lady on hold or transferred without consent or somethin'?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #109327 on: September 15, 2016, 10:17:21 pm »

God dammit.
Waaaait.
What the flying skeletal carp are you even doing whyyyyyy

I had a divisor in the exponent off by 3 orders of magnitude when calculating in a calculator instead of in the code LOL

10^3==1000

there you go, that was the problem

the code was correct

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109328 on: September 15, 2016, 10:20:49 pm »

uGGHGGU.

Too many genres.

Considering what it's named after, you would also hope brawler wasn't the fifth one listed.
I wish it would bloody work. The singular time it worked I had a blast. This is, as the kids say, Fucking Stupid.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109329 on: September 15, 2016, 10:22:33 pm »

uGGHGGU.

Too many genres.

I wish it would bloody work. The singular time it worked I had a blast. This is, as the kids say, Fucking Stupid.
So what does it play like? Does it try to fit into so many categories that it doesn't really fit into any?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109330 on: September 15, 2016, 10:23:56 pm »

It's great fun, I'm having a ball. Poor KoSS. :P

* Yoink goes back to inciting riots with terrible puns.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109331 on: September 15, 2016, 10:28:26 pm »

oh hey a new build of it is out
and it
still
doesn't work
WISH THERE WAS A BUG REPORT OR SOmETHING AHAHA I HATE THIS
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109332 on: September 15, 2016, 10:30:06 pm »

Patience, padawan :P

Sometimes autocorrect is awesome.

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109333 on: September 15, 2016, 11:15:39 pm »

Quit. They obviously have systemic incompetence in their managerial staff, and they may have financial problems in the near future. They are probably looking for a way to economize on employee pay anyway. There are other jobs available, don't take that shit from them. I would have recommended recording the conversation if you asked while its happening.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #109334 on: September 16, 2016, 04:22:13 pm »

Today I have met a person that thinks a fairly richly upholstered chair -- pretty big, faux leather, fine stuffing, etc., etc., the kind of thing you see behind a large solid wood desk in someone's home office -- is going to last any meaningful amount of time outside in florida weather.

It's, like. Yes, it's not going to get directly rained on (probably, sometimes the rain decides horizontal is a fun direction to travel). But humidity. Dew. Bugs. Heat, even without direct sunlight. The chair was already not in the most amazing of shape, really. Far from bad, but it's definitely used. And now it's been given the death knell of decaying furnishings. Within a few months, the stuffing will be molding and infested with bugs (ticks, fleas, bedbugs, who knows! The floridian roulette of vermin infestation has many results, none of them good), the covering will be chewed upon by who knows what, and there's non-negligible odds the wood involved in its construction will have started to either warp or rot. God help anything that's metal and exposed -- there's some that can manage that, but they're generally not used in chairs designed for interior use.

Folks. There's a reason if it's sitting outside in florida, it probably doesn't have much on it, and what it does is probably cheap, easily removable for cleaning, or of a material that doesn't weather hard. This chair is none of the above (though I think it was got cheaply, even if the original cost wasn't).
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 7287 7288 [7289] 7290 7291 ... 10984