Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7293 7294 [7295] 7296 7297 ... 10974

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13001122 times)

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #109410 on: September 19, 2016, 02:27:27 pm »

* IronTomato laments the excessively small size of his Internet
Nah.
Most of people don't notice huge, HUGE, HUEG amounts of internet because a lot of it is "national" ones. Russians have their small internet microcosmos, Poles spread Polishness everywhere, Germans sit on their specialized tightly locked forums and have insanely detailed talks (seriously, if you ever wanted some technical data on anything, go ask German internet) and so on. Then there is English internet which is basically one huge shitstorm of culture.
And honestly, the reason why one might think that internet is smaller than it is in reality is because you usually hang out at places of similar interests as yours and there is a high chance that other people you know might also end up in the same places because they also enjoy the same things as you.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109411 on: September 19, 2016, 02:33:23 pm »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #109412 on: September 19, 2016, 02:39:20 pm »

* IronTomato laments the excessively small size of his Internet
Nah.
Most of people don't notice huge, HUGE, HUEG amounts of internet because a lot of it is "national" ones. Russians have their small internet microcosmos, Poles spread Polishness everywhere, Germans sit on their specialized tightly locked forums and have insanely detailed talks (seriously, if you ever wanted some technical data on anything, go ask German internet) and so on. Then there is English internet which is basically one huge shitstorm of culture.
And honestly, the reason why one might think that internet is smaller than it is in reality is because you usually hang out at places of similar interests as yours and there is a high chance that other people you know might also end up in the same places because they also enjoy the same things as you.
It's less national and more language-based. The more language you speak, the wider your range of the internet.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #109413 on: September 19, 2016, 02:43:35 pm »

for the record, dutch internet is hardly worth it

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #109414 on: September 19, 2016, 02:55:56 pm »

It's less national and more language-based. The more language you speak, the wider your range of the internet.
Those German specialized forums (WHERE ELSE I WOULD GET ALL THE INFO ABOUT WW2 EQUIPMENT, UGH) are the only reason I ever wanted to learn to properly speak German. I can understand Russian quite a bit already as it's mostly a matter of comperhending other alphabet for me since most of the time Russian seems like a really outdated phonetical version of Polish with some weird words there and there.
English is English.
As far as Polish internet goes, it's... uh... Winged Hussars. It's all Winged Hussars.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #109415 on: September 19, 2016, 02:57:49 pm »

I'm fairly sure there's a community online that speak in dog borfs
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #109416 on: September 19, 2016, 03:00:30 pm »

Bork berk borf borf bork.

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109417 on: September 19, 2016, 03:01:39 pm »

Photoshop fun
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109418 on: September 19, 2016, 03:05:17 pm »

Damn, did the teacher ever blow through today's Maya lesson quick. Like 20 min out of a 2hr class, and if you weren't keeping up you are fucked until the lesson is put online in a few days from now.

Did some wizardry where he outlined an image of a sword and it just popped into 3d, but I am shit out of luck in even making one for homework until he actually writes down how to do it.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109419 on: September 19, 2016, 03:47:47 pm »

Greiger: How goes the job search?
Reasonable.  A few places are still hiring that I was hoping would be.  Amazon and a place I hear secondhand does customer support for xbox.

And I was able to put in an application at an old office job that I enjoyed and was almost always top of my team in.  A little computer knowledge at a data entry position goes a long way.  It's amazing how many people who do repetitive (mostly the same info with only one or two values changing between documents) data entry for a living that don't know how to use the software's built in Macro function.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109420 on: September 19, 2016, 03:49:40 pm »

So I just installed dwarf fortress, as after Toady made 64 bit version, stuff started working on notebook!

Went around some mountain dome as demigod swordsman. Started to slaughter everything I see, after like 56 kills, I have found out, that lord promoted me to the position of the hammerer( is not it like dude performing justice?)

Eghhh, so randomly murdering  56 people gets you into law enforcement in dwarf culture?  ???

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #109421 on: September 19, 2016, 04:00:02 pm »

You're probably one of the few eligible adult members of the fortress left. The game picks at random from everyone eligible in cases like that where there's no other selection criteria.

And committing murder doesn't make you innelligible! :P
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109422 on: September 19, 2016, 04:01:55 pm »

Sir, the hammerer has died.  We need to appoint a new one to deal with the mass murderer.
Overseer: I see, ah here's someone with excellent combat skills, I appoint them.
But sir...that's....
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109423 on: September 19, 2016, 04:04:05 pm »

Sir, the hammerer has died.  We need to appoint a new one to deal with the mass murderer.
Overseer: I see, ah here's someone with excellent combat skills, I appoint them.
But sir...that's....

Probably the safest way to deal with it to be honest.  Maybe the newly found responsibility and status will stop his murder spree.   :P
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #109424 on: September 19, 2016, 04:06:49 pm »

But sir...that's....

Probably the safest way to deal with it to be honest.  Maybe the newly found responsibility and status will stop his murder spree.   :P

I am the Law! *Hammers everyone*
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.
Pages: 1 ... 7293 7294 [7295] 7296 7297 ... 10974