Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7302 7303 [7304] 7305 7306 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13180869 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #109545 on: September 21, 2016, 12:35:42 pm »

Holy shit it's past 3 AM, how did that happen?! It doesn't feel late at all.

Also, Tack, that's also a holy shit. Glad you're okay and yeah, internetting whilst driving generally isn't a good idea. That's why you need to press-gang someone into riding passenger and reading out forum posts to you.

Bonus triple-threat WTF: I just watched the first episode of Derek with Ricky Gervais.
A strange show indeed. I turned it on looking for some light, odd comedy, and it turned out to be kinda... touching. And sad. And strange. And disturbing. All this in addition to being rather funny, of course. It's an interesting show, I might have to watch more of it even with how depressing it was in parts.

Hard to form an opinion of it, really. I think... overall it was definitely good.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #109546 on: September 21, 2016, 12:37:26 pm »

what the actual fuck
It's a bot channel. Or so the suspicion goes.

What relation youtube has to it is a mystery.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #109547 on: September 21, 2016, 02:31:20 pm »

Sudden and rather strange urge for orange juice. It's strange because most brands of the stuff taste pretty bad to me, the one currently in the house definitely included. Still drinking it. The aftertaste is foul. As usual.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #109548 on: September 21, 2016, 02:38:42 pm »

Also, Tack, that's also a holy shit. Glad you're okay and yeah, internetting whilst driving generally isn't a good idea. That's why you need to press-gang someone into riding passenger and reading out forum posts to you.
Better option: Press-gang someone into driving for you, then just focus your full attention on forum posts. :P
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109549 on: September 21, 2016, 03:05:13 pm »

I'm really, really glad you're okay, Tack. There's a reason people make laws to try to prevent that from happening. Really glad your Aesop didn't have a steeper cost too, as much as being out a car sucks.

Nearly lost a car to other people's gooberish driving twice, and got a car totaled by someone not paying attention once. Accident was bad, and I still have stress and anxiety issues when in cars. Not a happy experience on either side.

I hope you can get a new vehicle through insurance, at least. Or rent something for the time being if you don't have public transportation options. Good luck sorting it all out.

I forgot how this forum and/or the Internet at large, handles discussions of feminism. Did not think an art history post would fan the flames either, but whoops!

Anyway, Spiderwoman is shit.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109550 on: September 21, 2016, 03:28:02 pm »

Erp, sorry tack, if I didn't start the convo, mayb this wouldn't have happened :v

I will now bless you so you'll gain resistance from furniture mishaps.

Do you give antiprocrastination blessings?

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #109551 on: September 21, 2016, 03:29:14 pm »

Gwen Stacy-Spider Woman's costume kicked all kinds of ass though.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109552 on: September 21, 2016, 04:21:30 pm »

I forgot how this forum and/or the Internet at large, handles discussions of feminism. Did not think an art history post would fan the flames either, but whoops!

Anyway, Spiderwoman is shit.

Gender discussion:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=160244.0
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109553 on: September 21, 2016, 04:45:19 pm »

Thanks for content policing, but I was replying where it was relevant.

My point was more "Who the fuck was this person, and why might she be important?" from an Art History perspective (which is my only experience with her), rather than one of Sexuality or Gender or whatever.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109554 on: September 21, 2016, 04:48:35 pm »

Using Toady as a way to silence any discussion you don't want to hear is annoying.

You weren't discussing, you were telling. Even when multiple people disagreed with you. That's annoying too, so I guess we're even.

No, we aren't even silly. Given that you twisted my words into anti-feminist diatribe in order to defend your assumptions on feminism... and are now using "your opinion was unpopular, thus you ARE wrong and what I said about you is right".

And what did I do to you? Ohh right.... Disagreed with you and didn't relent my position until it mildly annoyed you.

Soo even :P
« Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 04:52:00 pm by Neonivek »

Owlga

• Bay Watcher
  • Turbo times two
    • View Profile
« Reply #109555 on: September 21, 2016, 04:51:49 pm »

Honestly neon, people seem to not understand whatever the fuck you're trying to say half the time. Maybe work on phrasing or something?
Quote from: Cupaketan
if u cant taek a cake, dont do a bake, in a kitchen
so u hav2 leve it ok bc its 2 hot 4u
Owlga is the chillest anime girl ever.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109556 on: September 21, 2016, 04:57:56 pm »

Honestly neon, people seem to not understand whatever the fuck you're trying to say half the time. Maybe work on phrasing or something?

Oddly a lot of the time it isn't even my fault, or at least not entirely my fault. People just assume what I wrote instead of reading it... filling in details they don't immediately understand with stereotypes. Or they take my words and then polarize it to the most extreme possible opinion one could have ("You are being negative, thus you hate it!").

I don't mind when people disagree with me. It is when they flat out don't understand (or intentionally misunderstand and reinterpret what I said in the best possible light for their side) that I get miffed.

And yes it is also my fault a lot of the time as well (probably most). I either attempt to convey my entire feelings on the subject regardless if they are easy to communicate AND I have an odd way of communicating... And I never EVER go into proper writing format like one would on an essay (which I don't do, because I prefer to write on the internet like I am speaking...)

Yet it is just weird to see what my words end up being in someone else's head.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 05:02:56 pm by Neonivek »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #109557 on: September 21, 2016, 05:45:44 pm »

Civ V AI is so dumb.

"Huh, Player warned me not to found cities near them. Better send settlers halfway across the map and stick a city in the middle of their home island."
"Player declared war and razed my city on his island! Y U do dis? Disliked and reported!11!!"
"Player warned me about building cities again. Psh, noob, lrn2diplo."
"Player just razed the city I built on the ruins of the last one! WTF man?"

Same deal with missionaries. Just wiped out Ethiopia because of a sequence that went something like this:
800 years of Ethiopian missionary spam -> Warn against conversions, use own prophet to convert everything to own faith -> 5y later more missionary spam -> DoW, slaughter missionaries, capture capital, raze all but one city -> still spamming missionaries at my cities -> raze.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 06:39:25 pm by Flying Dice »

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #109558 on: September 21, 2016, 06:09:56 pm »

Using Toady as a way to silence any discussion you don't want to hear is annoying.

You weren't discussing, you were telling. Even when multiple people disagreed with you. That's annoying too, so I guess we're even.

No, we aren't even silly. Given that you twisted my words into anti-feminist diatribe in order to defend your assumptions on feminism... and are now using "your opinion was unpopular, thus you ARE wrong and what I said about you is right".

And what did I do to you? Ohh right.... Disagreed with you and didn't relent my position until it mildly annoyed you.

Soo even :P

This is everything I said on the matter:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Where in that am I twisting your words into an anti-feminist diatribe? What assumptions did I make re: feminism? Where did I say you were wrong because you were in the minority?

'cause right now it looks like you're the one that's twisting my words, making assumptions about what I said, and misinterpreting what I said about people disagreeing with you - though that is partly my fault for not saying "... perhaps you should reflect on this, as you may be the one in error." - which does rather make you a hypocrite.

I don't rightly care if you disagree with me. I do care when you boil a complex topic down to something very simple, and then tell people that disagree with you they're wrong about the topic for not agreeing with your simplification.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109559 on: September 21, 2016, 06:43:40 pm »

Glad I'm not driving whilst viewing the sudden and wonderful resurgence of this specific hissy.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.
Pages: 1 ... 7302 7303 [7304] 7305 7306 ... 10983