Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7313 7314 [7315] 7316 7317 ... 10980

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13148681 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #109710 on: September 25, 2016, 12:36:46 am »

Eesh, passing cats. Almost all mine/the family's have been strays of some variety. I'd probably wager... somewhere between two and four dozen, over the years. Maybe more if you count the kittens that don't live to open their eyes for whatever reason. I've never had a cat die of old age. Liked a lot of em but there's only so much you can do when you can't really afford a vet and live besides a road, particularly in, y'know, florida. Neurotoxin is a hell of a thing, and even if you keep them inside it takes all of one escape outside for a passing car to decide you don't have a cat anymore. Better than the alternatives, but eesh.

Got one that seems to be getting close, though. Last remaining of the zeppelin batch, iirc. Parent made the mistake of asking me to name a mother and the three surviving daughters of one litter, so they got Gen (short for hydrogen), Hinden, Burg, and Blimpie (the mother). Morbidly enough, the latter's the only one still kickin'. Has outlived... hell, I'unno, probably at least six or seven litters, at a minimum? Finally got fixed like last year, iirc. Bit of a mess from being an outside cat, but still alive. It'd actually be a little heartening to have one pass due to age, ha.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 12:38:20 am by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #109711 on: September 25, 2016, 12:41:13 am »

Not the rabbits - the rabbits were always fast enough to GTFO.
Not always, though, heh. Said porch has been graced fairly voluminously by rabbit parts a time or three over the last few years. You never quite realize how much is packed into mammals until something goes through the trouble of spreading it over a number of square foot of concrete.
Of course all bets are off if the cat is fat and lazy. Just this afternoon I saw a squirrel escape from neighborhood cat by walking away. It didn't even bother watching the cat as it was scavenging <4ft away from it up until the cat... uh, "pounced", if we're being generous.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109712 on: September 25, 2016, 01:51:28 am »

My cat was a stray. Got him ten-ish years ago. Now he's losing teeth, dropping weight and going senile.
Has never had to interact with other cats though, so couldn't say the opinion.

Original reason for coming here:
Is thanking your bus driver a normal event?
Seems like it might be pretty localised to the city where i live.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #109713 on: September 25, 2016, 01:52:54 am »

My cat was a stray. Got him ten-ish years ago. Now he's losing teeth, dropping weight and going senile.
Has never had to interact with other cats though, so couldn't say the opinion.

Happens a lot in Edinburgh in Scotland, and the two times I was on a bus in Milwaukee the driver got thank yous from a few people.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #109714 on: September 25, 2016, 01:54:08 am »

I thank bus drivers (as do people where I live), in the same way that I might thank my pizza delivery person or waiter. It's nice to acknowledge that people exist.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

alexandertnt

• Bay Watcher
  • (map 'list (lambda (post) (+ post awesome)) posts)
    • View Profile
« Reply #109715 on: September 25, 2016, 01:54:54 am »

People usually thank the bus drive around here (Sydney) on the free bus routes that are there for the universities (but get used by anyone looking to get anywhere along the loop)
This is when I imagine the hilarity which may happen if certain things are glichy. Such as targeting your own body parts to eat.

You eat your own head
YOU HAVE BEEN STRUCK DOWN!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109716 on: September 25, 2016, 02:23:19 am »

Whelp I hit my personal thread posting limit in a row of 3... so I gotta post here for a bit.

Man the sheer number of girlfriend characters on television whose only real positive quality is that they are attractive...

But are otherwise really horrible people and are often unpleasable.

Watching Freekazoid and the female lead is meant to somehow be desirable... Yet her repulsion to Dexter is completely unfounded and kind of makes her seem like a total Jerk (yeah... easy to get along with Freekazoid the guy who saves you and is popular...). Dexter isn't unattractive (even by the show's standard), doesn't have any real social anxieties, or does he have any sort of social faux pas. She literally ONLY dislikes him because he carries the title of nerd/geek.

And don't get me wrong... She doesn't HAVE to like Dexter by any means. Yet she doesn't lay down her feelings on the matter and instead tries to find ways to avoid dates either by lying or postponing it until she believes he will forget... then when she is on this date she acts like he contracted a disease.

Man show... really endearing me to her. She is a freeken saint... I mean she is so pretty and... pretty... and did I mention she was pretty?

And this isn't the only show.

Once again Carl Squared I have to give soo much credit because it actually had the self-awareness to know its female lead fell into this unpleasable "Do stuff for me!" character with one of the major plot developments being her realizing that having someone go through any lengths to make her happy is a bad thing. But many episodes did end with her needing to give in instead (like learning she shouldn't force other people to be vegetarian)... And she also did support her Boyfriend when he was caught cheating even though she personally thought he actually did cheat (though she didn't let on).

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109717 on: September 25, 2016, 03:23:03 am »

Brisbane represent!
I always make sure to thank bus drivers when I'm away from Brisbane, even moreso than usual. Makes me feel superior or something I guess. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109718 on: September 25, 2016, 04:34:25 am »

Well apparently the Sydbros do it to.

Maybe Melbourne is too used to trams?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109719 on: September 25, 2016, 04:53:53 am »

I thank tram drivers if I'm getting off at the front. But I'm not from Melbourne originally.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109720 on: September 25, 2016, 05:59:18 am »

I just tried to move OmniBus up a few pagelengths on my Steam wishlist and the surrounding entries refused to move to let it in. :o   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #109721 on: September 25, 2016, 06:33:48 am »

Happens most of the time here in Derby.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #109722 on: September 25, 2016, 09:17:57 am »

My freezer had an old package of raspberry sorbet with about 1/4 of the contents left. All seals on the package were intact, meaning it seemingly hadn't been opened. Has Wolverine somehow turned into a sorbet package, or how can it have resealed itself?
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109723 on: September 25, 2016, 09:24:28 am »

Maybe you got ripped off on a package of raspberry sorbet?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #109724 on: September 25, 2016, 09:31:56 am »

No, it's a months-old package, and I remember eating from it in the past. I don't remember how I managed to phase through the lid without breaking the seals, though.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.
Pages: 1 ... 7313 7314 [7315] 7316 7317 ... 10980