Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7323 7324 [7325] 7326 7327 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13187756 times)

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #109860 on: September 27, 2016, 02:04:47 pm »

I see the attempt at slander, but I find it unsuitable, citing that gorillas are a completely different species. Tempacc is fine.
Black people aren't considered human by some racists. I am not going to get myself involved in this.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
« Reply #109861 on: September 27, 2016, 02:06:07 pm »

With all that said (and my odd sudden wish to try out roast baboon, nestling on a bed of garlic and parsley one of these days), I think it's a good thing to care and look after the well-being of other creatures. I don't think care is a finite resourse, and that the care we put into animal welfare ultimately benefits us as well. Pets, farm animals and wildlife alike. The fact that you can get a prostetic limb for your dog or cat is often painted as rather decadent, but I think it's a reassuring measure of development that we can afford that luxury.

If an animal must be killed to save a human being, then it needs to be done. Of course. But care given to animal welfare isn't necessarily care taken from the welfare of mankind. I think the two affects each other, and where one is lacking the other will, as well. Plus, we're either a species under special appointment from God, or the species that lived long enough to get this clever in the first place (I like to think it's a bit of both). We are the strongest, and as such do have a responsibility to care for and look after the welfare for the other creatures living with us. That would be true if we were the descendants of spider people, too.

Birds are intelligent. Ravens in particular are as smart as some chimps.

I like ravens. Used to have a pretty large clan of them close by when I lived on the countryside. They were pretty bright. They could definately outsmart the cats, and I wouldn't be too shamed if they could outsmart me, too.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #109862 on: September 27, 2016, 02:07:32 pm »

I see the attempt at slander, but I find it unsuitable, citing that gorillas are a completely different species. Tempacc is fine.
Black people aren't considered human by some racists....
No, they weren't discussing racism, the exemplar for a point about utility /=/ value was poorly considered.

Racists are totes subhuman anyway.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109863 on: September 27, 2016, 02:09:33 pm »

Edging very slowly into conspiracy theories.

Carry on.

It isn't exactly a conspiracy. The glory of the United States is sometimes they are like cartoon villains... but the difference between them and the rest of the world is the United States doesn't hide it.

Want to know if they faked a news report? Chances are they admitted a week after, just that the news didn't care.

The fact that I know about the whole... accidental gunning down of a bunch of people... Means that the US army didn't hide it.

The fact that we have on video the "Blowing up an entire house full of people" means the US army didn't hide it.

Torture of suspected terrorists? US army didn't hide it.

Soldier punting puppies off cliffs to their death? US army didn't hide it (he was picked out of the military to my knowledge, either way he wasn't supposed to torture animals while stationed)

The US Military is far FAAAAAR more transparent then anyone I can personally think of (with a far more responsible military then... most militaries). It just has some REALLY REALLY vague rules on what it can and cannot hide that makes it seem like if they wanted to... they really could hide some pretty serious juju. These rules might not be as vague in practice, but goodness.

Black people aren't considered human by some racists....
No, they weren't discussing racism, the exemplar for a point about utility /=/ value was poorly considered.

Racists are totes subhuman anyway.

There is kind of... a huge league of difference between being a human and being a person O-o
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 02:11:55 pm by Neonivek »

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109864 on: September 27, 2016, 02:10:35 pm »

To meander back to the thread topic: Harambe, or Hamabre or whatever it was. Oh, how people do harp on about that silly ape. Lord knows what level of irony we've reached, but you'd still think he was running for president or something by how long he's been around in the ether. It was a dreadful misfortune for everyone, that whole business (mostly for the ape himself), but it's just gone silly, even if I suspect all the references now are intended ironically.
So you were annoyed by media saturation.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
« Reply #109865 on: September 27, 2016, 02:14:03 pm »

To meander back to the thread topic: Harambe, or Hamabre or whatever it was. Oh, how people do harp on about that silly ape. Lord knows what level of irony we've reached, but you'd still think he was running for president or something by how long he's been around in the ether. It was a dreadful misfortune for everyone, that whole business (mostly for the ape himself), but it's just gone silly, even if I suspect all the references now are intended ironically.
So you were annoyed by media saturation.

Mostly by les dank maymays (or whatever it is), with a severe undercurrent of media saturation, I believe. Now, where either of those begins and end is an exorcise in itself. I'd try it now, but I'll need to have some good brandy on hand first.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #109866 on: September 27, 2016, 02:26:05 pm »

Ahhh.... thanks?

I'd be one of the faffers, I think. I was genuinely saddened by it, and really wish they hadn't shot to kill.
Oh no I'm sorry, I wasn't talking about that position.  I mean I can kinda understand that, though I think they made the right call.

But some internet crazies were unironically saying... actually you know what nevermind, crazy people online were saying crazy things.  News at 11.  It was just particularly frustrating because it's the craziest that are seen as representing [Insert online group here], a group I generally sympathize with.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109867 on: September 27, 2016, 03:55:43 pm »

Man we are sooooooo close to Cat Alergy shots finally being ready for public consumption!

And as long as they aren't too expensive I am buying a trial! I am so frustrated about how ignored my cat is at home... but I can't do anything about it because I am too allergic.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109868 on: September 27, 2016, 04:27:09 pm »

Why not just buy a hypo-allergenic cat?
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109869 on: September 27, 2016, 04:29:05 pm »

Those are called dogs, and we don't talk about those.
Black lives matter.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #109870 on: September 27, 2016, 04:33:20 pm »

Man we are sooooooo close to Cat Alergy shots finally being ready for public consumption!
Blessed is humanity. We're finally researching the important stuff! :D
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #109871 on: September 27, 2016, 04:35:11 pm »

Dogs can cause allergies too :P
I thought hypoallergenic cats were really expensive but kinda looks like it's just certain breeds, so maybe not?  Though I'm sure it's more expensive to buy a certified purebreed.

I'm excited too Neo!  My allergy wasn't bad but... well...
http://awkwardzombie.com/index.php?page=0&comic=072114
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #109872 on: September 27, 2016, 05:14:11 pm »

I have no idea why, but lately I am finding tea to be the most obnoxious thing in the world. The flavor of tea, varieties of tea, talking about tea, making tea, boxes of tea on the shelf and pitchers of tea in the fridge. I have no idea why, but anything related to tea just annoys me to no end these past few weeks. I wonder if it's become a psychological trigger of some kind.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #109873 on: September 27, 2016, 05:21:01 pm »

I have no idea why, but lately I am finding tea to be the most obnoxious thing in the world. The flavor of tea, varieties of tea, talking about tea, making tea, boxes of tea on the shelf and pitchers of tea in the fridge. I have no idea why, but anything related to tea just annoys me to no end these past few weeks. I wonder if it's become a psychological trigger of some kind.

Heresy!

pitchers of tea in the fridge.

HERESY OF THE HIGHEST ORDER!
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #109874 on: September 27, 2016, 05:23:47 pm »

Boston Tea Party was in December, wasn't it?
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.
Pages: 1 ... 7323 7324 [7325] 7326 7327 ... 10983