Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7324 7325 [7326] 7327 7328 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13186753 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #109875 on: September 27, 2016, 05:25:29 pm »

Boston Tea Party was in December, wasn't it?

You will notice that during the Boston Tea Party they only threw the tea into the harbor.

They didn't throw the Boston Cream... because that stuff the bomb yo!

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #109876 on: September 27, 2016, 05:32:30 pm »

I have no idea why, but lately I am finding tea to be the most obnoxious thing in the world. The flavor of tea, varieties of tea, talking about tea, making tea, boxes of tea on the shelf and pitchers of tea in the fridge. I have no idea why, but anything related to tea just annoys me to no end these past few weeks. I wonder if it's become a psychological trigger of some kind.

Heresy!

pitchers of tea in the fridge.

HERESY OF THE HIGHEST ORDER!

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109877 on: September 27, 2016, 05:34:49 pm »

*Sips unsweetened iced tea quietly in the corner.*
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109878 on: September 27, 2016, 05:40:00 pm »

* Sirus joins Sir Baffler, sipping quietly
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #109879 on: September 27, 2016, 05:45:09 pm »

So am I the only one who lives in the US and has NEVER seen a Japanese restaurant? There's plenty of CHINESE restaurants, some of which CLAIM to be Japanese, but the only Japanese dish I've ever seen outside of anime is sushi. Also instant noodle stuff, but that doesn't fucking count.

I've watched enough anime to know there is more to Japanese cooking then that, so why the hell is there nowhere to taste it around here?
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109880 on: September 27, 2016, 05:49:49 pm »

The only thing close to a Japanese restaurant I've seen around here is a place called "Tony's Sushi". Actually, I think that was "Asian Fusion", not Japanese anyhow.

That said, I think there were one or two proper(or at least, American "proper") Japanese places somewhere around here, but nothing close enough to actually bother going to.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #109881 on: September 27, 2016, 05:56:29 pm »

I know a person who microwaves tea.

Meanwhile there I am with a decent-sized pot of tea that I drink directly from. The tea is black as night, the ratio of sugar and tea is like 1:1 and it's cold. This is nothing compared to coffee I drink though, as people told me that they would literally die if they tried that. Coffee should be like grease from old Soviet tank - thick, black and with capabilities to either change you to Chernobyl mutant or allow you to not sleep for a week if indigested.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #109882 on: September 27, 2016, 06:15:10 pm »

There's a Japanese place near me. All I remember is the extensive sushi and sashimi menus because that's all I order, but they also have another menu not relating to raw fish - I think I've seen some beef dishes and soups (other than miso, obvs, since that barely counts and gets included on the menu in every goddamn multi-ethnic Asian restaurant).

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109883 on: September 27, 2016, 06:18:02 pm »

We have a Japanese restaurant right in our university.

I am not a huge fan... but it just isn't for me.

It is frequented a lot. They also don't make their own sushi :P they actually buy sushi from the sushi restaurant also in the university and store it.

At one point of time they did actually make their own sushi. They don't anymore, and for the better I guess.

---

Goodness I want to know why people go to Toronto...

But the only thing I can see are tourism adds for what is in Toronto xD DANG IT!

Though the general things I remember for Canada is: Our multi-culturalism and vast stretches of beautiful nature.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 06:20:59 pm by Neonivek »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #109884 on: September 27, 2016, 06:20:19 pm »

It's more or less normal tea, providing you're just using the microwave to boil/heat the water. Have to be careful it doesn't explode on you, but there's ways to get around that (I used to stick oversized toothpick-things, some sort of skewer, in the water while heating it) and there's not too much of a chance of it anyway if you're not heating the water for stupid amounts of time it takes like maybe a minute or two, tops, for a normal sized coffee mug

You can even microwave sodas if you want soda tea. Microwaves work just fine for basic, day-to-day, teamaking.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109885 on: September 27, 2016, 06:22:09 pm »

It's more or less normal tea, providing you're just using the microwave to boil the water. Have to be careful it doesn't explode on you, but there's ways to get around that (I used to stick oversized toothpick-things, some sort of skewer, in the water while heating it) and there's not too much of a chance of it anyway if you're not heating the water for stupid amounts of time it takes like maybe a minute or two, tops, for a normal sized coffee mug

Superheating. It's caused by a lack of bubble nucleation points on the inner surface of the container you're using. Try adding a small amount of sugar to the water before boiling.

Belated WTF: I discovered the phenomena by accident when using a PYREX cup.

« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 06:24:07 pm by BorkBorkGoesTheCode »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #109886 on: September 27, 2016, 06:23:34 pm »

Or just use crappy tap water. Don't ever do it with distilled water.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109887 on: September 27, 2016, 06:24:33 pm »

Or just use crappy tap water. Don't ever do it with distilled water.
That isn't guaranteed. I know.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #109888 on: September 27, 2016, 06:29:09 pm »

Might help, though. I just break the surface, m'self. Or did, back when the only real source of heating I had was a microwave and I could still indulge in caffeinated stuff without much worry. Seems to work, heh.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109889 on: September 27, 2016, 06:31:23 pm »

My roommate brought me what she referred to as a "Stillborn Doughnut." She didn't elaborate further.

It looks and smells normal? And I'm hungry? But I'm not sure what to do with it.
Pages: 1 ... 7324 7325 [7326] 7327 7328 ... 10983