Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7328 7329 [7330] 7331 7332 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13188820 times)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #109935 on: September 28, 2016, 09:32:13 am »

Honestly I just want to play Battlefield 1 just to ride people down with horses.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #109936 on: September 28, 2016, 09:33:54 am »

That's what I want too. :P
The Winged Hussar is stronk in me.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
« Reply #109937 on: September 28, 2016, 11:12:03 am »

It does look glorious. Glorious..!

I imagine it must've been a real uphill struggle, getting that project approved. "But ww1 was just boring trench warfare, all of it, all the time!" is the general idea, and why would the EA bosses be any different?  :P But then again, they're taking some liberties, to put it lightly.
Come to think of it, I'm excited for Batterfield again. That's something I did not think could happen again. Swashbuckling adventures in the 1910's, (admittadly unrealistic) bi-plane action, dashing cavalry charges! I'm well up for it all. I only vaguely knew that I wanted it, and I sure as hell wouldn't have expected sodding EA to deliver.

That's what I want too. :P
The Winged Hussar is stronk in me.

Tally up another cavalryman. Hacka på!! (And by the by, if either of us do end up playing, and if we do run into each other, I propose a toast, good Hussar!)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #109938 on: September 28, 2016, 11:23:41 am »

Shotgun tanks that can roll over everything and never break down are a bit silly though.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109939 on: September 28, 2016, 11:24:56 am »

Was watching Mad Men and the second season ended with the cuban missile crisis.
Was so interesting that everyone had all these secrets and resentments and etcetera, and then they all just completely unburden in a single episode when the risk of thermonuclear war is too high.

It's like, I'd normally write it off as hack storywriting, but at the same time it's legitimate history, and I'd imagine a lot of people did go full forgiveness mode over those few days.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #109940 on: September 28, 2016, 11:31:28 am »

Though do remember that aesthetics includes more than cute fuzzies. The tasty or useful ones get to stay, too. Also whatever they eat, and whatever whatever they eat eats, and so on.

Explain that to the Dodo. He was just too damn tasty, and too much like fast food. Well, fast to catch - the animal itself didn't seem to run away much.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #109941 on: September 28, 2016, 11:31:45 am »

Yeah, both parties really didn't want the Cold War to result in a nuclear war.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109942 on: September 28, 2016, 11:41:37 am »

I thought Silverfield was Neo for a second. Was like 'He's seriously excited about something?'

But am a bit... curious... about BF1. It's like, they just took the basic stuff from War1 and added automatic weapons, planes and everything else from War2.
The only thing which seems date-relevant is the tanks, and even those are about twenty times faster than they should be (Because who'd use them otherwise, right?).
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #109943 on: September 28, 2016, 11:45:26 am »

Was watching Mad Men and the second season ended with
I felt like I watched three seasons of that show with nothing happening, but I think in reality I didn't get to that point...
It just seemed to drag on a lot, I couldn't have been watching it with undivided attention.  Interesting that it does start going places though.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109944 on: September 28, 2016, 12:14:15 pm »

I thought Silverfield was Neo for a second. Was like 'He's seriously excited about something?'

But am a bit... curious... about BF1. It's like, they just took the basic stuff from War1 and added automatic weapons, planes and everything else from War2.
The only thing which seems date-relevant is the tanks, and even those are about twenty times faster than they should be (Because who'd use them otherwise, right?).

This is one of those cases where mods did it better. I've been playing the 1918 mod for BF1942, and though it does have some unusual jury-rigging here and there (and the bots are bad at pathfinding but that's a problem in vanilla too.) It's been a good time, considering the base game is old enough to have become abandonware.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #109945 on: September 28, 2016, 01:23:30 pm »

The weather's flipped between clear and rainy at least three times today.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #109946 on: September 28, 2016, 01:27:00 pm »

(removed)
« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 03:52:30 pm by Toady One »
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #109947 on: September 28, 2016, 01:35:15 pm »

The weather's flipped between clear and rainy at least three times today.
That happened a lot up here in the Appalachian semi-mountains about a couple months ago.  It was pretty awesome really...  Instead of giving thanks every few weeks, I was giving thanks every few hours.  Bonus, a lot of them were mild thunderstorms!  Some of which I was caught out in, which really intensified the whole experience.

Kinda weird that we didn't get any *strong* thunderstorms this year.  Last year we got at least 2 "close the windows or the entire room will get wet" storms.  Nothing this year.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
« Reply #109948 on: September 28, 2016, 03:43:59 pm »

It's not really a faithful recreation of the Great War, but I doubt it was intended to be. I mean, Battlefield 1942 itself wasn't particularly faithful to WW2 either. The game Verdun is a more faithful simulation of the actual conditions of WW1, but as engaging as it is, I can definately understand why they went in a different direction with Butlerfield 1.

(removed)

That's true. Well, Heroes and Generals has bikes. That's the closest I can think of at the moment, and that is the sorry state of things. War of the Roses felt to me more like a 'point stick in general direction, press forward and crash horribly in a way that might take some fools with you' kind of charge, but it was a charge. Sodding World of Warcraft, of all things, experimented with it briefly, but that didn't pan out, either.

I'll buy all the horse armour dlc in the world, just give me something to stick it on and ride into battle with!

« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 03:52:46 pm by Toady One »

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #109949 on: September 28, 2016, 03:53:28 pm »

I see that Kot forgot we don't use certain terms...
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...
Pages: 1 ... 7328 7329 [7330] 7331 7332 ... 10983