Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7333 7334 [7335] 7336 7337 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13179185 times)

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #110010 on: September 29, 2016, 12:22:59 am »

you don't have a right to free speech on the internet.

No... you do.

It means that the police can't arrest you because you chose to vote for Donald Trump.

This is intentionally misinterpreting what I was trying to say. It's the owners and providers of a given web pages job to decide whats appropriate or not. This doesn't have anything to do with what other people or law enforcement will do with information you make public.

Anything that develops from that is something else and not actually connected to whatever your rights are on a given webpage.

It'd be a lot easier for people not to get dragged in if their only addition they could have to the conversation is variations on "nobody cares"? Better to not say anything at all than say "nobody gives a shit"?

Have you considered the way you react to people that do respond is influencing this? Because posting just to say "I want to flame you" or accusing people of shit isn't endearing anyone to you.

And mentioning having panic attacks over stuff not even remotely directed at you makes me worried about you more than anything, seriously dude... Calm the fuck down.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #110011 on: September 29, 2016, 12:25:05 am »

The panic attack was, like I said, completely unrelated, I get them at random.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #110012 on: September 29, 2016, 12:37:40 am »

Anyway still, I don't think any of the discussion was going anywhere constructive.

And to think I was gonna post here questioning why I've been overwhelmed by my urges to see beefy lizardman muscles lately.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #110013 on: September 29, 2016, 12:41:25 am »

Who the fuck isn't overwhelmed by their urges to see beefy lizardman muscles

The swastika was a somewhat harmless symbol of good-fortune before the Nazis rebranded it: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swastika#Early_20th_century. :( If anybody wants to prevent the same, start boycotting the "news companies" that promote an overblown link between pepe and racism.
The swastika is still widely used that way in Thailand. Obviously, with it orientated the correct way.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110014 on: September 29, 2016, 12:42:47 am »

The swastika was a somewhat harmless symbol of good-fortune before the Nazis rebranded it: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swastika#Early_20th_century. :( If anybody wants to prevent the same, start boycotting the "news companies" that promote an overblown link between pepe and racism.
The swastika is still widely used that way in Thailand. Obviously, with it orientated the correct way.

Damn Buddhists!

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #110015 on: September 29, 2016, 12:43:17 am »

I'm honestly confused here because the word that Kot used is so verboten I don't know what it is, I can't find it on the forum guidelines.
*Looks through the posts again*
Is it a bundle of sticks? Is that what it is? Man, I remember hearing it used in reference to the more controversial roots... Once, and that was in a game of SS13 where another cyborg character joked to me about the two different meanings, I don't think I'd have known the term before now if not for then.
Ah well, this is Toady's house, so I'm happy going along with the rules, at least Kot wasn't banned.
Anyway still, I don't think any of the discussion was going anywhere constructive.

And to think I was gonna post here questioning why I've been overwhelmed by my urges to see beefy lizardman muscles lately.
Do lizards have skin underneath the scales and the scales just grow like hair? Otherwise I don't think the lizard people would have much fun with the muscles bulging under the scales.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #110016 on: September 29, 2016, 12:44:50 am »

@Gunner-Chan
Rippling scales over superhuman strength is pretty great.  There's a reason people fetishize Lamias, after all!

Anyway I didn't follow the argument closely, but... de-escalating a thing is more effective when you don't jump on a side.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110017 on: September 29, 2016, 12:47:11 am »

Lizards have skun under their scales.

Feathers and scales are very similar.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #110018 on: September 29, 2016, 12:48:24 am »

As far as I'm considered no one with a functioning libido.

Really though, is definately making me wanna find like, something to play that can have that be a thing off and on. But the only thing I can think for that is setting up skyrim AGAIN but that always ends in me accidentally making yet another unstable installation.

I could just do morrowind I guess but... Visuals aren't as good. Rip me.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #110019 on: September 29, 2016, 12:49:58 am »

Anyway I didn't follow the argument closely, but... de-escalating a thing is more effective when you don't jump on a side.

No, I'd personally say that there wasn't so much side-taking (I mean, there was, but it was tangential) as much as calling me out, which is mostly fair since I tend to get heated.

As far as I'm considered no one with a functioning libido.

Really though, is definately making me wanna find like, something to play that can have that be a thing off and on. But the only thing I can think for that is setting up skyrim AGAIN but that always ends in me accidentally making yet another unstable installation.

I could just do morrowind I guess but... Visuals aren't as good. Rip me.

Oblivion's textures are sort of horrible for argonians but it definitely has beefy lizardman muscles (at least with body mods)

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #110020 on: September 29, 2016, 12:53:08 am »

I remember having some good textures for it last time I played Oblivion. But I've always had issues just sticking with Oblivion these days, it feels like it's too stuck between the games before and after it to me nowadays.

Plus I can't remember if I ever found a depotatofacer I liked, oblivion was seriously land of the spuds.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #110021 on: September 29, 2016, 12:58:15 am »

The main thing for Oblivion to be enjoyable at all is leveling mods. With nGCD or OblivionXP I actually find it really good.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #110022 on: September 29, 2016, 12:58:55 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Dangit Putnam I was about to say that Argonians aren't actually that beefy, they have more of a swimmer's physique.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #110023 on: September 29, 2016, 12:59:56 am »

I was about to say that Argonians aren't actually that beefy, they have more of a swimmer's physique.

You say that like body mods and the weight slider aren't a thing.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #110024 on: September 29, 2016, 01:00:16 am »

Shit, I like swimmer's physiques, maybe I didn't quite get "beefy".

I was about to say that Argonians aren't actually that beefy, they have more of a swimmer's physique.

You say that like body mods and the weight slider aren't a thing.

also true though
Pages: 1 ... 7333 7334 [7335] 7336 7337 ... 10983