Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7337 7338 [7339] 7340 7341 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13185610 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #110070 on: September 29, 2016, 06:49:06 pm »

Oh man, your dog does not deserve your vomit. Then again, your dog usually doesn't care.
Get well soonish.

Anywho, so if I were to call my bisexual housemate gay as a term of endearment because he said something cute, that would be still inappropriate because he is a The Gays, much as though other terms couldn't be used because I'm an The Whites?
It does kind of make sense, sadly. I guess cultural defusal is just some shitty pipe dream.

I keep forgetting Scandes isn't actually Scan but is actually Can.
Wouldn't have to put up with that shit in vikingland.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 06:51:50 pm by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #110071 on: September 29, 2016, 06:54:03 pm »

While there is still a "them" because people assign themselves to particular groups within society, yes.

We're all the fuckin' same, man, and I am really hatin' on this iPhone update messing with my keyboard shit. It no longer snaps back to the letters when i put in an apostrophe :(
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110072 on: September 29, 2016, 06:57:50 pm »

That's the shit part man, because the people who don't realize it are killing the freedom of profanity for the rest of us.
I mean and probably ruining some people's lives too.
But they're ruining my ability to use certain words without offending people inadvertently!
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #110073 on: September 29, 2016, 07:04:33 pm »

That's the thing though, you know the words are wrong if you're using them for profanity, so you're not really reclaiming them :P
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #110074 on: September 29, 2016, 07:38:57 pm »

Oh dear god. I'm proof reading some of my stuff right now, and I'm not sure how in the hell I can fail to notice the number of words I simply drop out of sentences when I write. It's really rather disconcerting. Either my brain or my fingers is like a sieve, and they have no clue when they're being messed with.
I've noticed it when in your games, and it's OKAAAAY :P I've seen that too in many people who do write walls of text (and know it myself from my few forays into writing, like my RtD or the other one I continued past another person's, and wrote about fundead stuffs.) The reader usually replaces those words with contextual analysis anyway, and it is usually implied that it's not intentional on the writer's part (also because of spellchecks and silly roboots can make mistakes too! :P)

That happens at times because of the large amount of words in mind, and at times when we are fatigued in a significant amount, we can sometimes replace words we use with other things lurking in the subconscious.

...Which reminds me of when I wrote hippopotamus instead of hippocampus in my notes while being REAL tired back in my MedTech days. Only noticed when re-reading them for study and then I recalled 'oh huh, my mind was drifting to analogies...'. Because sometimes, imagination also gets in the way. :P But also sleight of thought.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #110075 on: September 29, 2016, 08:03:34 pm »

Oh dear god. I'm proof reading some of my stuff right now, and I'm not sure how in the hell I can fail to notice the number of words I simply drop out of sentences when I write. It's really rather disconcerting. Either my brain or my fingers is like a sieve, and they have no clue when they're being messed with.
I find myself doing that more and more as I get older.
I'm sure it's nothing.

Certainly not symptoms of early-onset dementia or Alzheimer's.....haha, of course not that would be silly... :-\ :-[ :'(

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110076 on: September 29, 2016, 08:09:24 pm »

I should make a game again.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110077 on: September 29, 2016, 08:13:34 pm »

This applies to me too.
Then I get anxious because of fearing failure and otherwise because I really want to make my own worldbuilding but then *FEARS* :-\ :'(
And I am not that good in expressing myself because fears of being judged and perceptions!

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #110078 on: September 29, 2016, 08:15:11 pm »

I find myself doing that more and more as I get older.
I'm sure it's nothing.

Certainly not symptoms of early-onset dementia or Alzheimer's.....haha, of course not that would be silly... :-\ :-[ :'(

No, it's the sign that as you're aging your cognitive abilities are growing without bound, and that your fingers are like overworked scribes trying to take dictation from a coked up ADHD ten year-old. The mind is accelerating, the flesh is failing.

This applies to me too.
Then I get anxious because of fearing failure and otherwise because I really want to make my own worldbuilding but then *FEARS* :-\ :'(
And I am not that good in expressing myself because fears of being judged and perceptions!

Well, I just made a game, so I'm also filled with anxiety! We can all have an anxiety party together!

((As far as being judged, at least your game probably won't feature an omni-sexual dolphin as a character template. I'm judging me for the implications of that.))
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #110079 on: September 29, 2016, 08:21:45 pm »

Oh and just to clarify from last night, I don't agree with Kot. Respecting site culture falls under one of the prime rules of netiquette: Don't be a dick. If you're gonna participate in a site and it has ground rules, respect that stuff. Say you go to a house party where everyone is at most drinking lightly and being chill, then get smashed and start hitting on people who aren't interested - the host is well within their rights to kick your ass out, asking you to stop once or twice beforehand is politeness. That's site culture over on the cloverchins and it'd be silly to rant about people using the affix on their boards, but this ain't there and the expectations on behavior are different.

I was tired as shit and only managed to pull one trigger before I fell asleep though. Sorry Putnam, didn't mean to single you out when I should have blasted both barrels. Wasn't right of me.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110080 on: September 29, 2016, 08:27:51 pm »

This applies to me too.
But then *FEARS*
I have zero anxiety about forum games, which sucks. If anything I get frustrated at my players for not enjoying it enough.
Which carries its own problems...

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #110081 on: September 29, 2016, 08:29:00 pm »

Oh and just to clarify from last night, I don't agree with Kot. Respecting site culture falls under one of the prime rules of netiquette: Don't be a dick. If you're gonna participate in a site and it has ground rules, respect that stuff. Say you go to a house party where everyone is at most drinking lightly and being chill, then get smashed and start hitting on people who aren't interested - the host is well within their rights to kick your ass out, asking you to stop once or twice beforehand is politeness. That's site culture over on the cloverchins and it'd be silly to rant about people using the affix on their boards, but this ain't there and the expectations on behavior are different.

I was tired as shit and only managed to pull one trigger before I fell asleep though. Sorry Putnam, didn't mean to single you out when I should have blasted both barrels. Wasn't right of me.
I think people have been assuming things of Kot, he agrees with that, the only reason he was salty was because he did it totally without thinking, when he said he saw other people doing it without repercussions, and had multiple times caught himself from using the term beforehand, but he felt annoyed that suddenly he was the one being singled out, it was so small to him that he said he wouldn't have remembered what got the post deleted had he not gotten into the habit of checking his post history*.
*From what I recall, give me a yell if I'm twisting your words here, mate.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110082 on: September 29, 2016, 08:31:01 pm »

This applies to me too.

Well, I just made a game, so I'm also filled with anxiety! We can all have an anxiety party together!

((As far as being judged, at least your game probably won't feature an omni-sexual dolphin as a character template. I'm judging me for the implications of that.))
I've had anxiety about my game because 'AHH What if this scenario doesn't play out well x_x' or 'what if the players aren't having fun' or 'wow these players are awesome, am I disappointing them? ;~;' Aaaaand that's what partly contributed to me going all bleh because of my handling of anxiety before <_<

Also your dolphin looks nice o_O Sexuality doesn't seem like a major point of their character so yeah. Thumbs up.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110083 on: September 29, 2016, 08:42:10 pm »

Someone may have gotten into my old facebook account. I tried to log in, and it's demanding government ID to prove who I am.

Fuck off, facebook.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #110084 on: September 30, 2016, 01:34:14 am »

I looked in the mirror and holy shit I have an appearance that people see when they look at me. I have no idea why it freaked me out so much, but I just had to stare at the mirror and re-acquaint myself with what I look like.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.
Pages: 1 ... 7337 7338 [7339] 7340 7341 ... 10983