Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7358 7359 [7360] 7361 7362 ... 10980

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13145987 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #110385 on: October 04, 2016, 01:06:22 am »

Usually at least has the decency to be tree or geology puns, though. Just not this time. The fault must obviously lay with Akura >_>

E: in other news
« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 01:12:33 am by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110386 on: October 04, 2016, 01:16:26 am »

You guys are just beeing dramatic, comb down.
I'm sure Toabee one approves of these puns 100%. In fact, I'm syrup it.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #110387 on: October 04, 2016, 01:23:33 am »

So I drive home from work this morning, car's fine. Get up this afternoon drive over to pick up a friend, car's fine. Drive to the liquor store and back, car's fine. Get in the car to drive home, check engine light's on. It is going to be hours before I can get the code read, and I'm more than a little concerned, even though the car is running perfectly fine (which usually means the CEL is a low fluid or loose gas cap that's easily fixed.)
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #110388 on: October 04, 2016, 01:27:15 am »

Clearly your car wants you to cut back on the drinking.

... either that or switch it over to an ethanol based fuel.
Ask not!
Ask!

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110389 on: October 04, 2016, 01:28:52 am »

You'd expect for a pretty literary forum that our puns would be the bee's knees, but some guys just seem to be blowing smoke.

I mean, just adding 'bee' to every second word is almost as bad as these phrase-puns I'm doing, which aren't even puns.

Yes, I realize I'm holding a pretty antennable position here, I know i'm not the queen bee.
I'm not here trying to blow my own horn,et just kinda annoys me.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #110390 on: October 04, 2016, 01:44:43 am »

For some reason, both Ross and Costco were selling what seem to be fairly high-quality business-ey clothing for somewhere around 10$, not to mention a pretty great insulated hoody. Really not sure how they're selling MSRP ~70$ clothes for ~10, but heck, I'll take it.
Because they don't charge for the label.

Hmm.  Could you link the stuff at Costco actually?

Good point. :V

I'm pretty sure this is the Costco thing: http://www.costco.com/Kirkland-Signature-Men's-Non-Iron-Pant.product.100281242.html

It's just pants, it was Ross that had the really strangely good stuff, and I'd assume this specific example is a local thing.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #110391 on: October 04, 2016, 03:04:24 am »

You'd expect for a pretty literary forum that our puns would be the bee's knees, but some guys just seem to be blowing smoke.

I mean, just adding 'bee' to every second word is almost as bad as these phrase-puns I'm doing, which aren't even puns.

Yes, I realize I'm holding a pretty antennable position here, I know i'm not the queen bee.
I'm not here trying to blow my own horn,et just kinda annoys me.
Stop beeting around the bush, we all know you find the puns beeutiful.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #110392 on: October 04, 2016, 07:13:35 am »

So I drive home from work this morning, car's fine. Get up this afternoon drive over to pick up a friend, car's fine. Drive to the liquor store and back, car's fine. Get in the car to drive home, check engine light's on. It is going to be hours before I can get the code read, and I'm more than a little concerned, even though the car is running perfectly fine (which usually means the CEL is a low fluid or loose gas cap that's easily fixed.)

Went to Autozone as soon as it opened, diagnostic check revealed it to be a small leak in the Evaporative Emission Control System, most likely a defective gas cap or a $30 replacement part.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #110393 on: October 04, 2016, 07:28:54 am »

On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #110394 on: October 04, 2016, 08:14:25 am »

despite my hate for that meme. that is kinda funny. do people not realize letting the internet decide things without a list of things to vote on with no option of adding things is basically doomed to memes? :P

Meanwhile, we apparently have these at out house. This is just one of many.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #110395 on: October 04, 2016, 08:21:36 am »

Neither the poll nor the newborn gorilla in question exist. The entire thing is a hoax.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #110396 on: October 04, 2016, 08:49:10 am »

Huh. Random dog on porch this morning. Clearly someone's; thing's still got the clasp of the leash/chain it was on attached to its collar. That said, it's been a while since I've been reminded how painfully obvious it is when a dog's been hit often. Behavior bloody screams it, cringing, crouching, belly showing, more or less too scared to actually run despite encountering someone unknown and possibly hostile, and particularly when hands are outstretched. Got it acting healthier without too much trouble, so it's likely it's not so much outright sustained abuse, just someone that uses physical punishment to admonish bad behavior, but eesh.
Ask not!
Ask!

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110397 on: October 04, 2016, 09:05:36 am »

A hurricane is coming that shares my first name.   It's got Governor Gollum worried so I guess I should be worried too.  And the news projection does seem to indicate that it does pose a likely threat.  But chatting with the neighbors while moving fling-ables inside apparently neither of them knew there was a hurricane coming.

I thought I was the only one that ignored the news, seems it's the whole neighborhood.

P.S. Poor doggie.  Hopefully you have some no kill shelters you can bring it to if necessary.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 09:09:43 am by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #110398 on: October 04, 2016, 09:10:20 am »

Eh, you seem to be in this hellhole with me. It's possible they were watching the news and just autofiltering everything related to the hurricane.

E: And eh, there's some in the area but they're perpetually full. Probably end up keeping it around for a day or two and then just letting it go and hoping it makes it wherever it needs to be, if no one shows up looking for it.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 09:14:27 am by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #110399 on: October 04, 2016, 09:26:37 am »

Usually at least has the decency to be tree or geology puns, though. Just not this time. The fault must obviously lay with Akura >_>

E: in other news
Give me a strong enough bowstring and I can move the world.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 7358 7359 [7360] 7361 7362 ... 10980