Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7373 7374 [7375] 7376 7377 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13176055 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #110610 on: October 07, 2016, 03:22:59 pm »

At least you're not a demon.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #110611 on: October 07, 2016, 03:24:37 pm »

At least you got to kill a man

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110612 on: October 07, 2016, 03:45:03 pm »

Why is Pocket Card Jockey, the solitaire horse racing game on the 3DS... so good? This is instantly addicting.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #110613 on: October 07, 2016, 03:47:01 pm »

Scott Cawthon actually released a FNAF game on the announced release date, not a second before. Holy shit.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #110614 on: October 07, 2016, 04:00:20 pm »

Has anyone liked a media like say... Westerns...

But a single element that is horrible keeps popping up making you hate that one thing more and more over time until you can just go on and on and on about how much you don't like it to the point where you could fill an entire movie worth if dislike?

Uh, yes? :v

In fact westerns as a genre were so beloved they inspired several trends and other genres. A whole era of japanese samurai movies were directly inspired by spaghetti westerns such as For a Few Dollars More, The Good The Bad and The Ugly and Sabata movies, for example. Westerns still kinda survive in a modernized form today.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110615 on: October 07, 2016, 04:05:08 pm »

I wish there were more Westerns being made these days.
Generally any recent Westerns have just been remakes of the old classics, and while some of them are very good it'd be nice to have some brand-spankin' new stories made in the setting with our greater knowledge and far fewer rules in modern times. I should really get around to watching Deadwood one of these days...   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #110616 on: October 07, 2016, 04:05:28 pm »

Has anyone liked a media like say... Westerns...

But a single element that is horrible keeps popping up making you hate that one thing more and more over time until you can just go on and on and on about how much you don't like it to the point where you could fill an entire movie worth if dislike?

Uh, yes? :v

In fact westerns as a genre were so beloved they inspired several trends and other genres. A whole era of japanese samurai movies were directly inspired by spaghetti westerns such as For a Few Dollars More, The Good The Bad and The Ugly and Sabata movies, for example. Westerns still kinda survive in a modernized form today.

You also have video games with the Western as a setting, such as Red Dead Redemltion and Gun, both of which are pretty good games.

Also Firefly, with the sort-of-space-opera/Western combo.

I know this has little to do with what I think Neo meant, but bugger it, I'll plug stuff I like.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110617 on: October 07, 2016, 04:12:06 pm »

You also have video games with the Western as a setting, such as Red Dead Redemltion and Gun, both of which are pretty good games.
BUT THERE ARE NEVER ENOUGH GODDAMNIT

Gun came out, what, a whole bunch of years ago? And Red Dead Redemption was a sequel to another game on the Original Xbox, also.
There are so many modern shooters, jRPGs and hack-'n'-slash games being pumped out all the time, why does so little effort go into perfecting the Western as a videogame genre? Same with beat-'em-ups (although these are having something of a resurgence, on PC at least), realistic medieval settings and The Sims-ripoffs. :'(

...I think I had a further point to make, but I forgot it. Gimme a break, it's 7:10 AM and I woke up way too early due to being sick.
Oh, Red Dead Revolver was a great game back in the day. Hasn't aged particularly well, sadly, but I remember well the days of endless multiplayer shootouts with friends, as well as playing it a helluva lot on my own. The book containing unlockable background info was a really cool feature, too.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #110618 on: October 07, 2016, 04:16:44 pm »

-snip-

You might like Call of Juarez - Gunslinger.
It's like if CoD series and western genre had a baby. All the things you know from the parents - combined together, they provide a slightly more engaging experience due to relative novelty of it.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 04:18:35 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #110619 on: October 07, 2016, 04:35:42 pm »

Every Call of Juarez game other than The Cartel is worth playing. To be honest, I'm gonna be a heretic and say I like them better than Red Dead Redemption because they have more compelling story and there's something charming about the parts that lack polish.

Also, because wide-open sandbox games are shit and only Rockstar ever does it even half correct.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110620 on: October 07, 2016, 04:39:26 pm »

I thought red dead redemption was a rockstar game? Or was that the point, that it's only done half right?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #110621 on: October 07, 2016, 04:40:58 pm »

Same with beat-'em-ups

If you ever get an opportunity to play the Yakuza series (especially Yakuza 3) you should leap at it. Excellent beat 'em up games, and lots of other things you can do should you tire of that.

They are only available for PlayStation consoles, though. May be an issue.

I thought red dead redemption was a rockstar game? Or was that the point, that it's only done half right?

Hey man, RDR is great, whether or not it's a Rockstar game.

I should perhaps apply this to my distaste against EA and Ubisoft, but fuck it no. Hypocrisy is the more for me.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #110622 on: October 07, 2016, 04:46:59 pm »

Yes, that's the point, it's only done half right. Sandboxes are like AAA junk food, because it lets them make a whole bunch of Literally Nothing and sell it as a game feature. Your sandbox needs to come with a number of those little plastic castle makers equal to the size of said sandbox.

I cannot think of a single developer who has ever matched this obligation, but Rockstar gives it a good shake with RDR and GTA.

Part of the issue is, much like with the Freeform Space Simulator or Zombie Apocalypse (eeeyyyy RDR) games everybody wants is that it only exists in the heads of hyped up gamers. It's almost impossible for sandbox to work out as long as marketers can put "x2km map size!" up as a feature. There's only so much dev time to burn on these things. This is why I'm terrified for Breath of the Wild, because while I think it might work out there's a high chance it won't.

Take MGSV. Good game. Great game. Has no business being a sandbox and is mostly wasted because of it.

Call of Juarez is a good counter-example actually, because while it has sections with a lot of nothing it's a constructed nothing, because it's meant to convey a sense of journey instead of going to your next fucking map marker.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110623 on: October 07, 2016, 06:27:19 pm »

Man, I don't know if I just had a weird dream, some kind of sleep paralysis thing, or an exhaustion-induced hallucination.
Whatever it was, attempting to access Bay 12 via psychic ability is incredibly difficult, at least for an entirely untrained novice like myself.

That was kinda freaky. Jeez.
Don't know if I should try and go back to sleep while I'm this tired, it might happen again. O_o
Booze is Life for Yoink

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #110624 on: October 07, 2016, 07:36:05 pm »

RDR was honestly almost everything I wanted, short of an open-ended first-person Wild West RPG set across the entirety of the North American midwest and west.

The multiplayer wasn't half-bad either, mostly because there weren't goddamn attack aircraft constantly blowing everything up or people running you over at 120mph in sports cars.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 7373 7374 [7375] 7376 7377 ... 10983