Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7470 7471 [7472] 7473 7474 ... 10984

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13207424 times)

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #112065 on: October 28, 2016, 12:58:50 am »

Prepare to get assasinated by your local equivalent of KGB for spreading state secrets.
Hah. They never did so after I've "accidentally" forgot to tell that I've had a sister, and that she's been in USA for an entire year, when said sister was working and getting second higher education in the same university I'm studying in, they already critically failed their perception check.
That, or your sister is with the FSB, and the reason why you passed so easy is that they already have an agent in your immediate trust circle.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #112066 on: October 28, 2016, 12:59:21 am »

Yeah, though my first vote is for Elsweyr, I'd be fine with Blackmarsh as well (lightning lizards, bayous and alien trees!). Either way I'd be banking on Bethesda being able to pull of that Morrowind feel again, where imperial forts and towns felt very much like an intrusion on an otherwise strange and exotic landscape. So... probably GC's right and it's too much to hope for >_<

My one argument for Elsweyr over Blackmarsh is story-wise: in Skyrim there's mention of the Moons disappearing for a year and the effect it had on the Khajiit, but from an earlier lore-book:
And Fadomai said, "The Khajiit must be the best climbers, for if Masser and Secunda fail, they must climb Khenarthi's breath to set the moons back in their courses."
...so I want to play the game where you literally climb the sky to rebuild the Lunar Lattice. I want it.
Late reply, but Bethesda did a pretty good job on Dragonborn, and that's technically Morrowind.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112067 on: October 28, 2016, 01:03:06 am »

Maybe you were dehydrated?
Probably was a bit.

Jesus Christ, had one VERY painful moment, followed by a loud gurgle. That doesn't bode well.

It was VERY likely an Esophageal Spasm.

It is rare... but harmless...

It made me pass out one time I had it... several times... from the pain.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #112068 on: October 28, 2016, 01:04:14 am »

Prepare to get assasinated by your local equivalent of KGB for spreading state secrets.
Hah. They never did so after I've "accidentally" forgot to tell that I've had a sister, and that she's been in USA for an entire year, when said sister was working and getting second higher education in the same university I'm studying in, they already critically failed their perception check.
That, or your sister is with the FSB, and the reason why you passed so easy is that they already have an agent in your immediate trust circle.
I don't know why would FSB have a person who's so critical about Russian state in their ranks. We've actually have had quite a few family spats due to that before. Seems pretty genuine. It is known that USA has decadent corrupting positive influences on people, after all... *looks at the mirror*
._.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112069 on: October 28, 2016, 01:09:54 am »

In regards to the new apple thingy, How does getting rid of function keys improve a keyboard?  :-\
I mean WTF.
 Apple used to mean innovation, not novelty for the sake of novelty.
Its just stalling now and I would not be surprised if it spirals out in the next decade.
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #112070 on: October 28, 2016, 01:31:25 am »

Removed function keys, too confusing for new players.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #112071 on: October 28, 2016, 02:42:32 am »

There's a lot of really, really good music on the Unity Asset Store. I was not expecting the free stuff I download for my games to actually be listenable on its own merit.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

King Kitteh

• Bay Watcher
  • [SAVAGE][CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #112072 on: October 28, 2016, 03:46:06 am »

In regards to the new apple thingy, How does getting rid of function keys improve a keyboard?  :-\
I mean WTF.
Same reason for removing the jack: "Courage"
Yeah, I don't get it either.

On a different note, my cat is doing that weird thing where they sleep with their front legs going one way, and their back legs going the other.
Also he's doing it right at the top of the stairs. An accident waiting to happen (it's happened before, guess he didn't learn).
goodnight, speep tighht, don't let the bedbugs bite

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #112073 on: October 28, 2016, 05:43:05 am »

I mean WTF.
Its just stalling now and I would not be surprised if it spirals out in the next decade.

Don't kid yourself. Apple hasn't innovated a damn thing since Wozniak left. The Lisa and Macintosh were just (virtually useless in the case of the Lisa and first-gen Mac) rip-offs of Xerox technology, the iPod wasn't the first .mp3 player by a long shot, the iPhone was essentially a more powerful Blackberry in a shiny case, and Microsoft invented the tablet computer. The only thing Apple had going for them was the shiny (and absolutely hideous, but people seem to like it) aesthetic and their constant assault of "You're too stupid to own a normal computer, so buy one from us. We make computers for people rather than smelly nerds."
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112074 on: October 28, 2016, 06:01:41 am »

Goodness today everyone is so entitled...

I met this one guy and he was all "Please don't shoot me, i'll give you anything I want" I mean goodness... He thinks he is so entitled to not be shot... So I shot him and took his wallet. Why? Because his blood got on me and I had to pay for dry cleaning because I don't shoot people in anything less than the purest silk.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #112075 on: October 28, 2016, 06:08:34 am »

(PSA: Neo is being satirical. He did not actually shoot anyone.)

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #112076 on: October 28, 2016, 06:14:45 am »

The Hist are literally the only spacefaring species now that the Dwemer are Gone. That's how they got to Tamriel in the first place.

Hell, if you want Spelljammer Scrolls that's your way of making it happen lore-wise.

The way I remember it, the Dwemer never went to space, unless you call any plane walking spacefaring, but then just about every accomplished mage ever is an astronaut.

If we're talking actual spacefareing, though, there's both the Imperial Mananauts and the Sunbirds of Alinor, men and altmer respectively. The Empire even had a functional space station where they trained their battlemages, that's where the Battlespire game takes place.

I recall some old book in either oblivion or skyrim that hinted at the possibility of khajiit and argonians being able to produce offspring with humans/elves. If that is indeed possible, then that could explain where the lizard boobs come from, if a portion of the population has, even if they didn't realize where they got it, human genes.

Generally, in the TES-verse, hybrid children take on the race of the mother. "Hybrid races" such as the Breton coke into being either through a metaphysical intermingling of ideas and myth rather than something carnal. Or, if you prefer it that way, over a really, really long time of having mixed offspring.

Don't hate on Altmer, they aren't all nazis ):<
I guess they could be secret Thalmor - haha I'm kidding, individual Thalmor have no subtlety.  They must twirl their moustaches.  While the greater organization is surprisingly insidious...
In a way, it's genius. They act like openly malicious powerthirsty oppressors on the surface, and make everyone think that's the be-all-end-all of the Thalmor ideology, when in reality their ultimate secret plan is to destroy the universe. Like, holy shit.

Don't believe that human propaganda. They don't want to destroy the the universe, they want to save the universe and restore everybody to greatness by destroying the universe

#MakeAltmericaGodsAgain

Love, scriver~

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #112077 on: October 28, 2016, 06:15:48 am »

Him being a sociopath would explain a lot, though.
Just kidden love ya' Neo
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #112078 on: October 28, 2016, 06:19:59 am »

I mean WTF.

Don't kid yourself. Apple hasn't innovated a damn thing since Wozniak left. The Lisa and Macintosh were just (virtually useless in the case of the Lisa and first-gen Mac) rip-offs of Xerox technology, the iPod wasn't the first .mp3 player by a long shot, the iPhone was essentially a more powerful Blackberry in a shiny case, and Microsoft invented the tablet computer. The only thing Apple had going for them was the shiny (and absolutely hideous, but people seem to like it) aesthetic and their constant assault of "You're too stupid to own a normal computer, so buy one from us. We make computers for people rather than smelly nerds."

Lel, pretty much this. To this day I don't quite understand what people praise Steve Jobs for. For one he was never good programmer much less an engineer of any kind, and he kind of sucked at administrating apple, given how it fell into a slump several times and ended up being bailed out by a huge investment from microsoft. Wozniak is the guy who made the Mac a thing and was the driving force for any real innovations in apple. What Steve Jobs was good at, however, is marketing, he was really REALLY good at grabbing media attention and selling his and his product's image, despite the fact that apple's design often did (and still does) conflict with the usability of their products and made them less powerful and less useful than other products in the market.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112079 on: October 28, 2016, 06:24:32 am »

Him being a sociopath would explain a lot, though.
Just kidden love ya' Neo

Look the only thing I want to kill is the word Entitled itself.
Pages: 1 ... 7470 7471 [7472] 7473 7474 ... 10984