Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7485 7486 [7487] 7488 7489 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13179072 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #112290 on: October 30, 2016, 03:53:22 pm »

What would you need to apply the way you want to apply?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112291 on: October 30, 2016, 04:02:06 pm »

Not that I wouldn't believe a terrorist group that targets Catholics and Christians couldn't or even doesn't exist...

But... Yeah that... definitely isn't ISIS.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112292 on: October 30, 2016, 04:13:06 pm »

Face it, any religious extremist is gonna be hating Atheists just as much.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #112293 on: October 30, 2016, 04:14:28 pm »

Face it, any religious extremist is gonna be hating Atheists just as much.

Religious extremists hate everyone that don't subscribe to their particular brand of religious extremism.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112294 on: October 30, 2016, 04:17:21 pm »

It's like Roman Catholics hating Protestants, and every other type of Catholic, and contraception.
Edit: Except with more guns probably.
Comparing Romcats to ISIS is probably a line. If anyone feels a line has been crossed, I apologize, and it wasn't my intention.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2016, 04:19:30 pm by Tack »
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112295 on: October 30, 2016, 04:21:18 pm »

You're also tarring all Catholics with the same brush there :p

It pains me I apparently still identify as Catholic despite loathing organized religion. Brilliant.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #112296 on: October 30, 2016, 04:22:27 pm »

Religious extremists hate everyone that don't subscribe to their particular brand of religious extremism.
Not necessarily true, you get religious extremists that are fine living with other religious groups, yet will go ballistic when encountered with those who subscribe to their brand of religious extremism but just wrong enough

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112297 on: October 30, 2016, 04:24:27 pm »

It's like Roman Catholics hating Protestants, and every other type of Catholic, and contraception.
Comparing Romcats to ISIS is probably a line. If anyone feels a line has been crossed, I apologize, and it wasn't my intention.
Ahem.  I am 100% certain there is a significant fraction of Roman Catholics that don't hate contraception.  Or other denominations of Christianity.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112298 on: October 30, 2016, 04:31:33 pm »

Ahem.  I am 100% certain there is a significant fraction of Roman Catholics that don't hate contraception.  Or other denominations of Christianity.

No no no, your mistaking what he means.

He doesn't mean Roman Catholics... as in people of the Roman Catholic Church.

He means the Ancient Roman Catholic army an ancient extremist group that hated everyone.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #112299 on: October 30, 2016, 04:36:24 pm »

As I typically find it, the hate scale goes Apostate > Heretic > Heathen > Nonadherent, so atheists can be on both the bottom and top of the hatred. People who have never believed what you do are potential converts, only the most extreme extremists loathe that off the bat. Now, should they be rejected, on the other hand...
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112300 on: October 30, 2016, 04:43:04 pm »

He doesn't mean Roman Catholics... as in people of the Roman Catholic Church.

He means the Ancient Roman Catholic army an ancient extremist group that hated everyone.
YES
That was my intention. I apologise for the... miscommunication... as they were a very ancient and fringe sect and I shouldn't have expected people to immediately know what I'm talking about.
Thankfully as they are all dead now I haven't offended anyone, at all, and everything is fine.

I am 100% certain there is a significant fraction of Roman Catholics that don't hate contraception.  Or other denominations of Christianity.
There almost certainly is. (Sadly I haven't met them.) I was basing most of this on Benny 16 and Francis.

Of course, entire peoples being liberally judged upon the lone ideals of their leader is a phenomenon which makes me really sympathetic for most Americans, considering what the future has in store there.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2016, 04:50:15 pm by Tack »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #112301 on: October 30, 2016, 04:45:10 pm »

You offended their souls
Be prepared to be visited by the spooky skeleton ancient roman catholic centurions

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112302 on: October 30, 2016, 04:46:26 pm »

F course, he'll be defended by all the people the army killed, too.

He may have inadvertently triggered a war between souls.

Good job!

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112303 on: October 30, 2016, 05:21:22 pm »

Yes... but the army killed them.
That whole balance of power has already played out once before, and not exactly in my favor.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112304 on: October 30, 2016, 05:21:52 pm »

« Last Edit: October 30, 2016, 05:27:45 pm by Innsmothe »
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.
Pages: 1 ... 7485 7486 [7487] 7488 7489 ... 10983