Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7507 7508 [7509] 7510 7511 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13173015 times)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #112620 on: November 04, 2016, 09:03:40 am »

Maybe it's just me and my computer being silly somehow, but it seems that all avatars from photobucket.com are...broken or down? :-X All I see is the ripped picture icon and a blank box in many people's avatar areas, including mine.

How or why do these happen to the hosting sites?

If you nav over to photobucket's main page you can see that the maintenance kitten is hard at work.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #112621 on: November 04, 2016, 09:05:01 am »

Butwait... Isn't DF RTP as well?

Think he's talking about multiplayer.

Though if you've got multiplayer DF on your hands... :P
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
« Reply #112622 on: November 04, 2016, 11:27:41 am »

...Oh, fucking EA...

I wish there was a digital culture equivolent to social services, that could seize guardianship of IPs from entities that mistreat them. Put them into foster-care with entities that proves themselves willing to look after them properly. Or at least force companies to keep them available.
EA, in this scenario, is the drunken, fat, violent lout in a wife-beater that puts out his cigarettes on his (many, malnourished) children's cheeks. The stinger is that most of them are children he's adopted after murdering their parents. Many of them aren't allowed out anymore.

(The case with poor Alice is just perfect, though. Play it or watch an LP, you'll see what I mean)

I don't want to buy Butterfield I anymore...

Sebastian2203

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112623 on: November 04, 2016, 12:37:56 pm »

This is sort of a WTF post then also a heads-up post.

I have this friend I grew up with in my neighborhood, we were friends at beginning but as puberty turned in we sort of distanced but still remained friends.

I started to dislike him, for his strange way of thought, foolish assumptions and he constantly had (IMO) wrong view on life.
Other friends in our "clique" kinda agreed with me of his (IMO) bad qualities, and soon I was the one who ended up mocking him in front of the group and sort of treating him like the lowest one in our group (and the group supported me in that).

His views were mistaken, he constantly believed every rumor he heard. He was naive as hell and also got excited easily.
He was also little bit obsessed with his hobbies, bit compulsive and needy.

So that´s how I perceived him as a weak/bad person or one of those high functioning nerds.

Today, I was checking my Facebook and I see this awesome photo, it looks like it was made in studio or something.
It was posted a hell of a six minutes ago and already received 20 likes.

In that photo, he is with this beautiful girl, kissing her, while they both have super-decent clothes on.

I quickly go like, "Whoa he got a girlfriend, last time he had one it was some stupid chick."

I proceed to check her Facebook profile and my jaw dropped, she is Miss internet of some semi-famous contest.
I keep checking out her page and whoa, she has a lot of likes in every her photo (average 400) (And she indeed is pretty looking)

This completely shattered me perception of him, I considered him a lost cause when it came to girls and now he surpassed me.

They are both 17 and publicly posted that they plan to marry.

I then keep lurking around like the envious bastard I am (about that later) and I see a lot of people responding to this photo, he is in this large social circle and he is quite liked in there.

More I examine the social life of this girl, it is more obvious she is quite wanted.

I am amazed and confused by my own reactions and now I am also thinking about myself.
Before I decided to write this post here on B12 my first second reaction was kinda envious-rage, I am cool about it now, but that was what I felt at first.

To explain this further, I moved away from the city that we both lived in and I only occasionally go back to visit my old friends, next time I am going to be there in December I am going to congratulate him instead of being snarky, because whoa, this changes my view on life.

I was maybe thinking too much white-and-black about certain things and I can´t forget that I underestimated this dude, I now wonder if I should feel bad about myself but I am not here to ramble about my infinite internal conflicts.

I posted it here to sort of spread the positive vibe out of this, I was selfish and treated him bad yes, but ain´t his success awesome? The two years I was away from him, he may have succeeded in something that I am still trying to. (Teenager dreams for lyfe)

So, the moral of the story is to keep trying? Whatever.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #112624 on: November 04, 2016, 12:57:27 pm »

Re: Sebatsian's story

If I were you I would probably probe the ground for a sudden renewal of contact via facebook messages or some shit. There is a chance that the person you described hates your guts or at least would be unhappy first, so you gotta explain why you did what you did and why you feel differently now. So if it's cool with him you will drop by in December and you'll have a lovely chat instead of a possible fight.

This is not experience speaking, so, you know, do what you think is right.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #112625 on: November 04, 2016, 01:00:27 pm »

I hope you still don't believe in nonsense like someone being "the lowest in the group".
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
« Reply #112626 on: November 04, 2016, 01:01:13 pm »

What passes for 'Weakness' in teenage years can often blossom in rather fascinating ways. I'd advise to stamp absolutely everything from the teenage years as incredibly temporary and subject of change.

It's a good... Well, 'lesson' is the wrong term, it seems a bit too finger-waggely, maybe 'experience' is the better term. A lot of things that seemed true and tested in teen life will change. Getting that experience, and learning to see things in a different way, is a very good thing. Mind you, it doesn't seem to happen to everyone. Congratulations (and it's a sincere congratulations, however it might come across in text), it will be of much use for you.
Congratulate him, be happy for his sake, and, if you feel that it's necessary for your peace of mind, apologise for things you think he might feel upset over. It's impossible to not feel a sting of envy, it's what one does with it that says something about character.

It's a blank slate, the end of the teens. Best of luck to him, and best of luck to you.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112627 on: November 04, 2016, 02:30:48 pm »

HEY GUYS HERE'S A THOUGHT.

DONT BUY EA GAMES.

I DONT BUY UBISOFT EITHER.

Seriously you know for a fact they are going to pull this on you down the road. Don't buy their games, at all.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #112628 on: November 04, 2016, 02:31:15 pm »

+1
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112629 on: November 04, 2016, 02:31:52 pm »

But then they wouldn't have anything to complain about :CCCCCC
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #112630 on: November 04, 2016, 02:32:32 pm »

They would. EA sucking is like, the universal constant.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #112631 on: November 04, 2016, 02:33:03 pm »

Yeah I mean like. It's not like EA is forcing you to buy their games.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112632 on: November 04, 2016, 02:37:48 pm »

Yeah I mean like. It's not like EA is forcing you to buy their games.

Man, so glad I don't live in a country where we have plenty of laws that protect the consumer against the machinations of unscrupulous business practices.

Ohh wait that is right... I don't live in Hell where you obviously come from if that is how things work where you are :P (Or you know... Dubai)

"I got food poisoning!"
"Well it isn't like they forced you to buy it"

"Hey my phone self-destructed because a recent update happened"
"Well they didn't force you to buy that phone"

Because everything is justified so long as no one literally points a gun to your head.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 02:40:32 pm by Neonivek »

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #112633 on: November 04, 2016, 02:52:59 pm »

I mean it's just entertainment? You're comparing necessities to time wasters.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #112634 on: November 04, 2016, 02:59:48 pm »

But the rubber dolls aren't as appropriate to use in polite company.
Poo, you're a doctor now. You were supposed to leave the straw man practice dolls in medschool.

I wish it was straw dolls. I still recall the stench of formaldehyde mixed with blood.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.
Pages: 1 ... 7507 7508 [7509] 7510 7511 ... 10983