Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7511 7512 [7513] 7514 7515 ... 10984

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13207585 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #112680 on: November 05, 2016, 06:36:04 am »

An actual WTF: My house just got raided by a gang of armed thugs looking for my drug dealer housemate. Fun times!
He had an idea they were coming and legged it beforehand, just after I'd come out of my room and heard something was going on, so these guys just roamed around shouting threats, terrorizing my other housemates and looking for drugs or money to steal. Also they smashed his TV... pretty sure that's the second or third TV he's lost since he's been here. The first one was just to an angry girlfriend, though.

They didn't really bother me, though. I was just chilling in the kitchen drinking a beer and washing some dishes.
One of them said something along the lines of, "nah mate you look like some old school stoner from the 70s," when I mentioned that I barely knew the guy. That was pretty funny/flattering, really.

My door was open so I'm guessing they did have a look in here, but they haven't touched anything.
I'm guessing they were repelled by the general mess and disarray, not to mention the smell. Practically a biohazard in here.
Not the usual sort of excitement I'd expect on a Saturday night, but oh well. :)) 

And here I thought he was just dealing pot...
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #112681 on: November 05, 2016, 07:13:32 am »

I'm guessing they were repelled by the general mess and disarray, not to mention the smell. Practically a biohazard in here.

Sounds like a perfect spot to hide stuff amidst.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #112682 on: November 05, 2016, 08:06:38 am »

Yoink, that is the most brilliant thing I've read in a while.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112683 on: November 05, 2016, 09:19:56 am »

This is weird, my internet says the connection is no good, can't connect to any sites. Somehow though, bay12 is ok.

And when I say "no sites" i mean no google, facebook, or even the site my ISP uses.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112684 on: November 05, 2016, 09:22:12 am »

What the heck happened to a whole bunch of posts?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #112685 on: November 05, 2016, 09:25:23 am »

I'm curious too, but based on the timing I think Cin and Yoink were having a giggle :P
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112686 on: November 05, 2016, 10:07:04 am »

So I checked the whole Russia laws preventing homosexual propaganda (inadvertingly. I was checking to see if the Olympics ever banned homosexuals)

And apparently the framing of those laws is "Think of the children!" basically they are banning all "propaganda" because a child somewhere can see it.

Mind you I guess I could see him being honest. In a "As long as children don't see it, eventually we can get rid of the homosexuals" sort of way.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #112687 on: November 05, 2016, 10:19:59 am »

Dude, you've got to figure out a way to get this guy out of the house. If those thugs start to suspect you guys warned him or are hiding him, situation could get real bad real fast.

I'd say call the cops but in the case of organized crime, if these guys are gangsters say, that could get you all killed in retaliation.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #112688 on: November 05, 2016, 10:28:55 am »

So I checked the whole Russia laws preventing homosexual propaganda (inadvertingly. I was checking to see if the Olympics ever banned homosexuals)
And apparently the framing of those laws is "Think of the children!" basically they are banning all "propaganda" because a child somewhere can see it.
Mind you I guess I could see him being honest. In a "As long as children don't see it, eventually we can get rid of the homosexuals" sort of way.

Can confirm, that is pretty much the rhetoric behind these laws.
I don't think it's entirely right to leave children completely unaware of what homosexuality is. But I'm strongly in favor of making it a chapter in biology class rather anything else. Like, when you give them that info in a learning environment, it would be perceived in context of how human sexuality usually works and how it deviates in some people just because they were born that way, the same way people are born with other innate qualities and aptitudes. And it ain't right to discriminate people because of the way they were born.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112689 on: November 05, 2016, 10:59:01 am »

Dude, you've got to figure out a way to get this guy out of the house. If those thugs start to suspect you guys warned him or are hiding him, situation could get real bad real fast.

I'd say call the cops but in the case of organized crime, if these guys are gangsters say, that could get you all killed in retaliation.
I believe the leader of the group has already been arrested. Not surprising, given that his entire head was covered in tattoos and he apparently tried to hijack a car down the road immediately after leaving our place. What a criminal mastermind, hey?

Yeah, I'm aware of the gravity of the situation. I'm finding it mostly just entertaining, though.
I think I've forgotten how to be properly scared of things. :-\
Besides, only one of these guys was seen to have a gun. What kind of "gangsters" are they? I'm guessing at least one of them was some washed-up leftover from the big push my state's government made to eliminate biker gangs (which was pretty awful and heavy-handed to be honest) a while back, where all these supposedly tough-as-nails bikies rolled over without resistance and/or fled to other states.

Probably the worst part of this whole ordeal was being at the station to give my statement, along with four housemates.
I was the last one to be called on to give mine, after a long wait sitting in a boring little office at the station, and then the guy taking my statement was a two-finger typer with a seemingly rather weak grasp on the English language... no, I feel like I'm being too mean, here. But he was a really slow typer and it took a long damn time to give my statement.
Then again, I've never had to do anything like that before, so I'd have no idea what it's supposed to be like.

Oh, and on the ride to the station (the cops offered to drive us there and back) myself and one other had to ride in a paddywagon. Like, in the back of a paddywagon. I expressed doubts as to how often it was washed, and my companion exclaimed, "Never." However frequently washed the compartment was, judging by the stains the cleaners weren't terribly thorough.
On that note, I might go change my clothes... yecch.

Yoink, that is the most brilliant thing I've read in a while.
Thanks, I'm glad I'm not the only one finding this whole situation entertaining. :)

Another amusing point, that I pointed out during the interminable wait at the station under a pair of horrible fluorescent lights, was that the thugs actually walked up and rang the doorbell first. This is after they pulled up in a car and shouted before storming up the stairs to the front door. Honestly, that doorbell sounds pretty hilarious. I'm pretty sure it's half broken, and I was honestly surprised that it worked at all when I moved in.
If I wasn't already amused by the situation, with my housemates rushing about in a panic trying to decide on a course of action, this band of tooled-up ruffians announcing their arrival with this strangled-yet-cheerful "bip-BOK" sound would have pushed me over the edge.
Booze is Life for Yoink

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #112690 on: November 05, 2016, 11:02:42 am »

Are you sure you're not in England? Armed thugs who politely ring the bell first when they come to do a shakedown sounds so very English.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112691 on: November 05, 2016, 11:11:26 am »

I'm pretty sure this country's convict founders were deported here specially because they lacked such an excess of politeness. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #112692 on: November 05, 2016, 03:20:33 pm »

Sounds like they learned their lesson. The only places they could get deported to this time would be the moon or the middle of the pacific ocean.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #112693 on: November 05, 2016, 09:57:41 pm »

My cheek keeps twitching. It's really annoying.

I've gotta say, I think it's being cheeky.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #112694 on: November 05, 2016, 09:58:30 pm »

My perception of time has been off for a week or so. Every day feels long, but yesterday feels like much longer than it usually does. I find myself thinking of things as a while ago that happened literally yesterday. And time as it passes is just... I don't know. It's all over the place, and I don't like it.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now
Pages: 1 ... 7511 7512 [7513] 7514 7515 ... 10984