Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7537 7538 [7539] 7540 7541 ... 10974

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13002060 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #113070 on: November 09, 2016, 06:48:30 pm »

Everybody who voted for Trump, no matter for how foolish their reasons, have made themselves quite clear.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113071 on: November 09, 2016, 06:50:02 pm »

We've seen this coming for a long time, though. The old standard of "Democratic state that votes Republican in POTUS elections" has been withering for years. Only thing left to do is keep on trucking and holding Yarmuth (or whoever succeeds him) in the House, because I'm damned sure Louisville won't go red any time soon.

The thing to do now is to organize. We need to start ramping up for the 2018 elections at the national level, and whatever local or state elections are coming up.  It's vital to prevent the gerrymandering from happening again.
I AM POINTY DEATH INCARNATE
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113072 on: November 09, 2016, 06:52:19 pm »

It is entirely possible for folks to have voted for Trump and not known a thing about his VP or his VP's policies, y'know. That's not much better, since it's uneducated voting, but I find it much easier to believe than the idea that, in a country where gay rights have been slowly-but-steadily pushing forward, more than half the country is practically salivating at the thought of torturing LGBTs.

Maybe I'm wrong.

ETA: To clarify, I'm not saying that there aren't people who feel that way, because unfortunately and obviously there's still plenty of bigotry out there.

Not caring about other people's torture and assault isn't better than deliberately advocating it. It's just compounding the original cruelty with selfishness and laziness.
I AM POINTY DEATH INCARNATE
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
« Reply #113073 on: November 09, 2016, 06:52:43 pm »

Be as it may, I imagine "Oh, most people who supported him didn't know this was a possibility, and maybe didn't particularly want it, either" will be an incredibly small comfort for someone who does end up in one of Pence's Bugger-Belsens. I suppose it's not set entirely in stone if it will happen, but just that it's still an option... It's quite warranted to be rather upset.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113074 on: November 09, 2016, 06:55:11 pm »

Well, I guess I'm done with the WTF thread for today. Just wanted to say my piece.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #113075 on: November 09, 2016, 06:55:51 pm »

It is entirely possible for folks to have voted for Trump and not known a thing about his VP or his VP's policies, y'know. That's not much better, since it's uneducated voting, but I find it much easier to believe than the idea that, in a country where gay rights have been slowly-but-steadily pushing forward, more than half the country is practically salivating at the thought of torturing LGBTs.

Maybe I'm wrong.

ETA: To clarify, I'm not saying that there aren't people who feel that way, because unfortunately and obviously there's still plenty of bigotry out there.
Note the other part was not caring, Siru, and uneducated voting is just that, at the very least when it's not an issue that has particularly been covered up. Only so much difference between salivating at something like that and giving so little of a damn you're willing to elect pence, or someone that willingly chose him as a political partner.

I get the whole other considerations, other issues thing. They're there, they exist, definitely. Different pressures, different calls on your time, all sorts of stuff. Bein' uneducated on a subject ain't necessarily something you do out of malice. But there's lines you draw, and there's a message you send when you say to a person, however unintentionally, that that person's life, well being, and sanity, ain't that line. That you may have reasons you didn't notice the line was there ain't comfort worth the meaning.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #113076 on: November 09, 2016, 06:58:42 pm »

I kind of feel like deja vu.

Like does anyone making plans to leave the country or w.e. no think the same talks happened 4 years ago when obama won a second term?

Its a coping mechanism, sfaic.  take a pill, relax, and feel safe that our laws were upheld.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113077 on: November 09, 2016, 07:00:38 pm »

Like does anyone making plans to leave the country or w.e. no think the same talks happened 4 years ago when obama won a second term?

Its a coping mechanism, sfaic.  take a pill, relax, and feel safe that our laws were upheld.
The will of the people wasn't.

*looks at popular vote*
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113078 on: November 09, 2016, 07:02:13 pm »

British Columbia split into three areas of equal population.

Its kinda funny that we have all this space and most of us live in one tiny corner of it.  Also look at all the room we have for the disenchanted Americans!
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #113079 on: November 09, 2016, 07:03:18 pm »

I am pretty sure that every time the "will of the people" argument gets thrown around, some kind of revolution starts... so, when are you moving out of States exactly?
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113080 on: November 09, 2016, 07:04:14 pm »

I am pretty sure that every time the "will of the people" argument gets thrown around, some kind of revolution starts... so, when are you moving out of States exactly?
You assume I'm moving?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #113081 on: November 09, 2016, 07:05:21 pm »

We know they did. We also know the basis for concern is a hell of a lot different. Obama wasn't calling for what trump has been. Biden damn sure wasn't pence.

I'll feel safe if the laws that are keeping folks I care about safe are still being upheld this time next year, and the year after, and so on. For now, this country ain't as safe as it was for kith and kin, because that being true isn't more or less certain anymore. It might manage to move back towards that, but we're not going to be sure for a good long while yet.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113082 on: November 09, 2016, 07:20:26 pm »

I understand the discontent, but Id be a liar if I said I shared it.
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113083 on: November 09, 2016, 07:24:38 pm »

Im glad its over guys.  We should all be happy its over.  I'm mad that they spoilered the sitcom that will come in 30 years, though.
PKs DF Mod!

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #113084 on: November 09, 2016, 07:50:20 pm »

Saying that anyone who supported Trump supports torturing the non-hetero seems about as accurate as saying that anyone who supports Hillary supports trying to quiet or shame sexual assault victims.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 7537 7538 [7539] 7540 7541 ... 10974