Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7613 7614 [7615] 7616 7617 ... 10981

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13152446 times)

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #114210 on: November 25, 2016, 06:02:21 pm »

I remember some people using the label "Krazed Keyboard Kommandos" in an attempt to reuse the initialism, but that didn't catch on.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #114211 on: November 25, 2016, 06:10:52 pm »

Possibly also because they didn't want some crazy /k/ommando to find and kill them.  :P

why does this exist, on multiple levels

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #114212 on: November 25, 2016, 06:13:51 pm »

Need I remind you we live in the age of adam sandler still being a director and making movies despite everything and boyhood being considered anything other than an utter massive boring director masturbation session?
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #114213 on: November 25, 2016, 06:22:04 pm »

I'm going to need you to update your "despair at humanity" movie example. That's now Sausage Party.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

3. Run Resize Enable

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #114215 on: November 25, 2016, 06:55:47 pm »

I would like to put forward an alternative savior.

Crikey, that's horrific.

Personal wtf, my steward refuses to furnish the basement. I don't wanna build all the shrines myself. Those amulets are rare, dammit.
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #114216 on: November 25, 2016, 07:02:09 pm »

???

Errr....is that a game? DF?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #114217 on: November 25, 2016, 07:04:21 pm »

Skyrim?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #114218 on: November 25, 2016, 07:37:41 pm »

Yeah, sounds like Skyrim. The Hearthfire DLC, to be precise.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #114219 on: November 25, 2016, 07:40:34 pm »

* Ultimuh looks at all that text, then TLDR's out of the thread for the time being.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114220 on: November 25, 2016, 07:59:29 pm »

What's a cars 3? Disney? Pixar? Looks like a video game. And who thought cutting out the video repeatedly was a good idea? That's in the original trailer too. :S

P.S. I read your post Caroline

I have no complaints. Actually, you seem to me to be very, very reasonable and gracious, and somehow manage to avoid the common too-stubborn-to-accept-that-I-was-wrong-so-I-have-to-shift-the-goalposts-or-change-what-I-meant problem, which most people* seem to suffer from.

* I try to not do it myself, but have still caught myself doing it sometimes
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #114221 on: November 25, 2016, 08:14:23 pm »

Eep, I missed this, and I'd like to say that I agree with pretty much everything you said. I suppose some of us, myself included, may not make it clear enough: we like our fellow progressives. We're down with all the [case 1] situations, that sort of thing tends to be reasonable and justifiable. It's the [case 2] stuff being treated as [case 1] material and forced down our throats with authoritarian zeal that sounds the tyranny alarms and pisses me off for being loony tunes levels of ideological stupidity. Syncretism is a thing, yanno? Individuals from one culture appreciating or using elements of another in entertainment, art, development of new cultural practices, &c. is not bigotry or whatever unless such is implied ipso facto (like, say, with blackface minstrel shows).
Same here. I agree with you, but I'd like to note that while you might see a lot of [case 2] being treated as [case 1] and shoved down your throat, I've seen more of [case 1] being dismissed as [case 2], preventing important discussions from happening and permitting xenophobia to continue. Again, it probably has to do with where we live and the kinds of people we're exposed to, and both of our problems are still caused by the unfortunate and highly deplorable existence of [case 2].
This is definitely something worth remembering. SJW behavior is, in many respects, a first-world phenomenon. That's part of why it pisses me off, because there are often people who are actually enduring circumstances that SJWs pretend to endure, except that they do so with dignity and work for meaningful change instead of crying about it on social media. If you're living in some place where a girl can be raped and sold to her rapist, concerns about sexual violence and women's rights are much more immediate and much more compelling than if you live somewhere so safe and sheltered that a fat middle-aged man making a dad joke about his weight qualifies as sexual harassment in your eyes. If you live somewhere where being LGBT could lead to you being lynched that's a much more meaningful situation than living somewhere where you might watch a SNL episode which makes a joke about genders. I try to make sure I know which is which, but I suspect that I've misjudged before. :/

It fucking hurts inside to see people in terrible situations that aren't their fault, and it's fucking infuriating to see spoiled brats playing dress-up with the garments of suffering to inflate their own egos and stoke the fires of self-righteous hatred. I suppose part of why I'm so vehement about this is because I can actually do something meaningful to stop the latter, but with the former I'm usually stuck at being horrified and unable to meaningfully effect change or reach out and help beyond what small-scale stuff I can do in my own community.

And yeah, agreed with Shadowlord. You come across as a reasonable, intelligent person.

3. Run Resize Enable

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114222 on: November 25, 2016, 08:29:54 pm »

For some reason, I read(at least the important bits) through the entirety of the EA Terms of Service - setting up an account is required for BF:BC2 multiplayer - and, it looked sensible to me.

I also feel a weird anxiety when trying to jump into a multiplayer game, like I don't feel comfortable just randomly jumping into a game.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #114223 on: November 25, 2016, 08:44:01 pm »

SNIPSNIPSNIP
« Last Edit: November 25, 2016, 08:46:47 pm by TempAcc »
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114224 on: November 25, 2016, 08:47:02 pm »

why does solifuga an a
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”
Pages: 1 ... 7613 7614 [7615] 7616 7617 ... 10981